AtomicWaffle

When Politicians Die

What will happen when a politician dies? Will they lose their position? Or will they just respawn still being in their position? I know this is a stupid comparison but in some Garry's Mod RP servers when the mayor dies he/she respawns as a citizen not the mayor.

Its unrealistic if politician dies and respawn as politician again,thats why every politician should hire his body guards! maybe if he dies he have to wait until 1-2 hours to join political again? it depends on the server..

2 hours ago, AtomicWaffle said:

What will happen when a politician dies? Will they lose their position? Or will they just respawn still being in their position? I know this is a stupid comparison but in some Garry's Mod RP servers when the mayor dies he/she respawns as a citizen not the mayor.

42 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

Its unrealistic if politician dies and respawn as politician again,thats why every politician should hire his body guards! maybe if he dies he have to wait until 1-2 hours to join political again? it depends on the server..

2 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

That is a good question! @LuckyDuck ?

Well seeing as when you respawn after dying and you don't lose your regular job/ business as there is no "Permanent" death, it would be reasonable to say that it will be the same with politicians on the official servers. Even though it is unrealistic, we cannot have everything realistic and sacrifices/ compromises are needed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well seeing as when you respawn after dying and you don't lose your regular job/ business as there is no "Permanent" death, it would be reasonable to say that it will be the same with politicians on the official servers. Even though it is unrealistic, we cannot have everything realistic and sacrifices/ compromises are needed. 

Understandable!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well like i said in some Garry's Mod RP servers when the mayor dies he/she loses mayorship but everyone else keeps their job when they die. So idk why it can be the same in identity. If the politicians keep their job when they die... there is no need for bodyguards.

Edited by AtomicWaffle

1 hour ago, AtomicWaffle said:

Well like i said in some Garry's Mod RP servers when the mayor dies he/she loses mayorship but everyone else keeps their job when they die. So idk why it can be the same in identity. If the politicians keep their job when they die... there is no need for bodyguards.

Maybe it is to make sure they don't die essentially even though they know that. 

8 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Maybe it is to make sure they don't die essentially even though they know that. 

Exactly, dying wouldn't without any consequence so it'd be strongly avoided!

• Like 1

This is a very intriguing question. I believe that if a politician dies and simply respawns with their position it takes away from certain elements of gameplay. Especially illegal ones. I can imagine it would suck for a player who might be hired to assassinate a political entity in one case. If they simply respawn without consequence then there is no fun for a criminal player. I am not leaning towards the legal side or the illegal side of the player base with this comment I am just stating a truth. Afterall the game is for everyone so even if it's a hindrance to the legal player base there has to be pros and cons for every action on every side. A criminal player should be "rewarded" with their successful assassination attempt if that's the case. Even if the eventual con is a hella lot police retaliation and a bounty. Sorry, I don't know if there are bounties in this game.