Ravensong

Potential Flop?

we need to wait... But i dont think it will flop, the Developer are active in dev and i think its good that they dont tell us so much about the game so its more suprise!

Any game can flop. Don't be surprised if this game doesn't meet the expectations that people have insanely set for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakeyninja said:

Any game can flop. Don't be surprised if this game doesn't meet the expectations that people have insanely set for it.

Not meeting expectations of everyone is not a game flopping. That is more that people set their expectations too high and then they are disappointed even though the game was not going to be that high on expectations.

• Like 2

Eh we can't really determine if this is a flop or not until the module(s) comes out or the full game releases.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Not meeting expectations of everyone is not a game flopping. That is more that people set their expectations too high and then they are disappointed even though the game was not going to be that high on expectations.

I agree, mostly. But in all honestly, I find it more than normal human behavior to start expecting more and more, the longer a wait takes. This is solely a psychological viewpoint. People's imagination goes running wild while thinking about the game, the upcoming TS module, how they can have their first try at character creation, app/studio customization, etc. I'd blame both the people and the rather slow development posts for this. I know we get a LOT of intel during the 3 live streams each week, but let's be honest. How many people know of these streams other than the regular forum users? So a weekly dev log might help with this. At least people will know what's actually in the game, confirmed or denied, they'll know for sure. And maybe's remain maybe's.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Genesai said:

I agree, mostly. But in all honestly, I find it more than normal human behavior to start expecting more and more, the longer a wait takes. This is solely a psychological viewpoint. People's imagination goes running wild while thinking about the game, the upcoming TS module, how they can have their first try at character creation, app/studio customization, etc. I'd blame both the people and the rather slow development posts for this. I know we get a LOT of intel during the 3 live streams each week, but let's be honest. How many people know of these streams other than the regular forum users? So a weekly dev log might help with this. At least people will know what's actually in the game, confirmed or denied, they'll know for sure. And maybe's remain maybe's.

I don't disagree with you, but A monthly dev blog is better because they can write more and it won't be like; "We are working on this", week later; "We are still working on this and now this." etc. 

I think well the devs didn't have years to wait as they had not got the funding at the time of the kickstarter and so really they announced the project way too early (At least a year) which is why it is taking longer than initially expected. Also they had no choice to do the kickstarter then as they needed funding and so really it is not there fault that they are delaying the module as they didn't start working on the game until after announcement and so really it is to be expected that it would be delayed as they are a small team as well.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, LuckyDuck said:

I wasn't saying a flop meant it didn't meet expectations. 

• Like 1

i dont think its a flop-scum,they are hard working for the game to make it happen ;) and make their and our dream come true! 

• Like 1

it would be stupid for them to flop cuz theyre sitting on a fucking gold mine right now if they dont flop and keep on working on this they will make more money in the end theyre the biggest dumbasses if they choose to flop at this point

• Like 2