MichaelKarn

Looking For Coders and Such For A Private Server.

After doing some scrounging around on the forums, I have noticed a few things I'd like to change, with a private server.

A few of those things, Corruption, Police Force ranks and how they're granted.

These aren't all, but a few of the things that could change for the better part of realism.

I may have a buddy able to host the server, and the funds to keep it running more than likely.

I have the time to write documents, rules, guidelines, training SOP's. Everything that would need written, I can do it.

But, a coder, that I don't have. I never took the initiative to learn.

I think, with a Teamspeak sever (Depending on how In-Game voice works) and a good coder, a strong focus on roleplay, we could make a strong server for everyone to enjoy.

Please, PM me with someone you might know, or yourself. Details not mentioned here could be discussed further, and I assure you, there's plenty left untouched.

*Edit* Trying to figure out the language Identity is coded in. Standby.

Edited by MichaelKarn

11 minutes ago, MichaelKarn said:

After doing some scrounging around on the forums, I have noticed a few things I'd like to change, with a private server.

A few of those things, Corruption, Police Force ranks and how they're granted.

These aren't all, but a few of the things that could change for the better part of realism.

I may have a buddy able to host the server, and the funds to keep it running more than likely.

I have the time to write documents, rules, guidelines, training SOP's. Everything that would need written, I can do it.

But, a coder, that I don't have. I never took the initiative to learn.

I think, with a Teamspeak sever (Depending on how In-Game voice works) and a good coder, a strong focus on roleplay, we could make a strong server for everyone to enjoy.

Please, PM me with someone you might know, or yourself. Details not mentioned here could be discussed further, and I assure you, there's plenty left untouched.

*Edit* Trying to figure out the language Identity is coded in. Standby.

You won't be able to edit the game with code.... You will get / be able to change nearly everything using a control panel. They have not got any plans on modding the game and will only look into modding after full release but those things you have listed will be changeable with out coding and all on the Cpanel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You won't be able to edit the game with code.... You will get / be able to change nearly everything using a control panel. They have not got any plans on modding the game and will only look into modding after full release but those things you have listed will be changeable with out coding and all on the Cpanel.

Well, what a wonderful turn of events!

Appreciate the info.

Edited by MichaelKarn

5 minutes ago, MichaelKarn said:

Well, what a wonderful turn of events!

A Cpanel is a lot easier to use and quicker because it is just toggling things on/off etc.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

A Cpanel is a lot easier to use and quicker because it is just toggling things on/off etc.

I also assumed a coder could edit in additional things, additional features, if you will. 

I assume all bets are off on that?

And yes, A panel is easier to access!

3 hours ago, Levi_King said:

Dont home host a server, support the community by getting one hosted by Asylum

You cannot host from your own dedicated box / computer and only can rent.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:07 PM, LuckyDuck said:

You cannot host from your own dedicated box / computer and only can rent.

Obviously to prevent tampering with game files. Which coding would be kinda an equivalent of. I'm sorry. :(

I am a sandbox coder and network engineer, I will be doing exactly what you are asking as I am already doing this on fivem. My long term goal has always been to transition my huge community (500+ active, 5k+ semi-active/weekly) over to this. I also want to take it a step further by having myself / my team create custom in game content with identity devs approval and blessing. Waiting to hear back from their PR. If you are interested I am always looking for positive guys to bring on!