Sjondefries

Are you losing interest in the Town Square module?

Are you losing interest in the Town Square module?   174 members have voted

1. 1. Are you losing interest in the Town Square module?

• Yes, I already lost it a while ago.
    • No, I am still very interested in the 1st module.
    • Yes, I am slowly losing interest because it is taking very long and they dont tell us enough.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think they have told us enough although they could also say some more. The reason why I have lost interest in the first module is mainly the fact that it is only the  social aspects, however I think it will still be cool to see the design and how they implement some systems etc. I think this game will be incredible once its all done and even mod2 should make the game more fun.

Edited by Aaron701

I believe that they are keeping quiet about it for a reason. If we knew everything about it, what would be the fun in surprise? They could be adding things that aren't expected, and could be a surprise to us. Also, yes it may be taking a while, but with that comes better content. 

Would you rather wait it out, and receive better content, or get it now with less to do? Just an idea. 

4 people like this

If yall dont know yet Motown said that there might be possibly be an art stream from Miroslav on monday

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Indevious said:

f yall dont know yet Motown said that there might be possibly be an art stream from Miroslav on monday

No one gives a flying fuck about seeing art, we've been seeing art for years at this point all we care about is playing it.

9 people like this

got to agree with kaleb, yes development and stuff takes a long time but all we've had for years now is art and a few videos here and there but they are mostly questions and answers, we just want to play the damn game at this point and there are lots of people who have taken the decision to donate 500 bucks to this myself included, not complaining just pointing out people are tired of waiting and especially now as identity is getting funding from another company they should be able to get this out quicker

1 person likes this

I am not as active on the forums as I was a few days ago, I think it is more of a loss of time though. I don't think I'll ever stop stalking the forums though.

2 people like this

low key hoping they arent updating us cuz they want to suprise us with the full game but since thats not possible ive learned to just be patient. it will come out when its supposed to

4 people like this

Never cared for any module. I only care about the finished game hence why i'am not preordering. 

Game could be a flop so i'd rather keep patient.

4 people like this

The devs should realize that most of the community with every poll made about how long this is taking is largely leaning towards people loosing interest but its ; 1. They really don't care about our opinion. I honestly can't think of another reason why they are so silent with progress 

6 hours ago, Marine said:

The devs should realize that most of the community with every poll made about how long this is taking is largely leaning towards people loosing interest but its ; 1. They really don't care about our opinion. I honestly can't think of another reason why they are so silent with progress 

They stream 3 days a week and answer questions. They also did a dev stream last week. They are giving us more and more yes and they will give another dev stream hopefully this coming Monday. 1. They do look at the forum and see our Ideas and they do discuss possible ideas about how it could be done. 

1 person likes this

yeah i lost intrest for town square , but i am very excided for the full release, i am scared we don't get that many fun things to do in town square. but the last thing i want is them rushing to finish it i rather have a good product next year

2 people like this

It's so annoying, honestly, I'm tired of waiting, they said a lot of stuff a couple years ago on how they were working on the game and now we still haven't gotten anything. To be completely honest they should at least communicate with the community. I'm leaning towards thinking that this game's going to be a flop. I'm sorry, but I'm just not having it, they literally don't make any videos on their YouTube and then on top of that they aren't really updating us on what's happening, hell, some of the shit they throw together is just concept art, concept art, not even the real in-game screenshots. I'm expecting something spectacular and 10 times better than GTA or any other big game when this god-damn town square module releases. Again, they promised us one too many times, they said the first module would be released near Easter, it's the god-damn middle of the summer and we're still sitting here with nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm sorry but I just had to let this out. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Orbiit said:

It's so annoying, honestly, I'm tired of waiting, they said a lot of stuff a couple years ago on how they were working on the game and now we still haven't gotten anything. To be completely honest they should at least communicate with the community. I'm leaning towards thinking that this game's going to be a flop. I'm sorry, but I'm just not having it, they literally don't make any videos on their YouTube and then on top of that they aren't really updating us on what's happening, hell, some of the shit they throw together is just concept art, concept art, not even the real in-game screenshots. I'm expecting something spectacular and 10 times better than GTA or any other big game when this god-damn town square module releases. Again, they promised us one too many times, they said the first module would be released near Easter, it's the god-damn middle of the summer and we're still sitting here with nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm sorry but I just had to let this out. 

your hopes are way to high up there. its an indie game, they try to release a proper product give them the damm time they need, or just go play Dayz and see how it can end up developers don't take the time to create a good game......

Edited by dimin69

2 hours ago, Orbiit said:

concept art,

They have not been showing concept art on the live streams, They have shown real screenshots and also the Town Square screenshots they released most recent showing quite a bit are screenshots and "not" concept art. 

1 person likes this

On 7/7/2017 at 9:18 PM, Kalebninja said:

No one gives a flying fuck about seeing art, we've been seeing art for years at this point all we care about is playing it.

Not my fault, and at least they're trying to do something so im fine with that

1 person likes this

I am still very much excited for the Town Square Module. I have followed many games through their development over the years when they catch my interest. I can say that is game is absolutely following a normal development cycle as far as in-depth indie games go. It wasn't so long ago that games would make it even farther through development than this one has already before anything is announced to the public at all. I see it time and time again, when a game is announced very early or even when there is a very early access playable alpha, it gives the illusion that it should be progressing faster than it is.

With just a little research you can see that some aaa titles of the past had been in development for 3-4 years before the 1st work was even hinted to the public. This gives the illusion that the game had been developed to a great playable version in a short amount of time. This game is not being developed by a aaa corporation, even though I commend them for the thrilling concept and amazing art they have presented so far.

All in all and through all my years experience, I feel the game is entitled a good time longer before there should be any worry of development.

All that being said, I do understand that dates/timelines had been discussed and not met. And although you should be weary of what you call a promise, I admit that so many companies are guilty of not making deadlines. It is a flaw that has always been in game development and likely will never be cured due to the nature of developing programs.

4 people like this

It is as @Mr_Fisk says. This is more than normal in game development. Games do take a long time to make, and even more so with a small team. And especially with a game of this size. Sure this game could be completed faster, if you don't mind every asset looking the same or being a slight variation of the next. Sure this game could be finished faster, if you don't mind car physics and weapon mechanics not working properly. Or an improper implanted career path / skill tree. Just give them time to do things the right way.

Even though I wouldn't mind seeing a video of the TS at this point. If it is as far developed as they claim it is, why not give us some video of it? Even if it's only a teaser. If they are reading the forums, and keeping up with what the community thinks, then they should feel what the majority of the pledgers want at this point. Even if I find the devs are in their right taking their time, I do feel a little more information should be given. At this point a proper ETA on the TS module shouldn't be that hard, if once again; the development is as completed as they claim it to be. If I read other users their comments on the various threads, it seems like the devs are playing with fire. And I do not like the fact we are divided over this matter.

In any case, I've not been following this game for a long time, but what I saw and read made me make a steep pledge anyway (June-'17; $250). So in the end, that says more over how I feel about the development cycle than whatever I could write down. 

We haven't shown much of the Town Square module yet only because we're making things look right. Everything is functional, but that doesn't mean the interface looks good or functionality is smooth. In game development we get the feature functioning properly first, with placeholders, and then work everything together until it's what you'd see in a finished game.

Take buying food in the bar, for example. Right now there's an apple on the table which you can use to bring up the ordering menu. That's supposed to be a restaurant menu that you use, and the interaction UI isn't quite right either. It works and functions as it should, but the interface for doing so is ugly due to some art not yet being in place.

That said, we're going to show you real gameplay footage soon and following that you'll get a lot of Town Square media. The core features are about ready to be shown at this point.

11 people like this

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

We haven't shown much of the Town Square module yet only because we're making things look right. Everything is functional, but that doesn't mean the interface looks good or functionality is smooth. In game development we get the feature functioning properly first, with placeholders, and then work everything together until it's what you'd see in a finished game.

Take buying food in the bar, for example. Right now there's an apple on the table which you can use to bring up the ordering menu. That's supposed to be a restaurant menu that you use, and the interaction UI isn't quite right either. It works and functions as it should, but the interface for doing so is ugly due to some art not yet being in place.

That said, we're going to show you real gameplay footage soon and following that you'll get a lot of Town Square media. The core features are about ready to be shown at this point.

If everything works, why don't you just give it to us now so we can be a part of the development and follow your progress? Personally, one of the reasons I've bought beta access was with the hope that we could be a part of the development and influence the final product with inputs.

3 people like this

Damn it's been so long and still nothing new? 

50 minutes ago, Sasper said:

If everything works, why don't you just give it to us now so we can be a part of the development and follow your progress? Personally, one of the reasons I've bought beta access was with the hope that we could be a part of the development and influence the final product with inputs.

You can most definitely influence development. We keep a close eye on this, and also converse with fans almost daily in streams. That said, releasing a video or screenshot carries more weight than that. Unfortunately, it's human nature to expect certain things even when you know it's in development. Most people, although maybe not yourself, put a lot of weight on first-impressions. If we show something lackluster because it's still being built not everyone will understand that.

That said, you'll be seeing a lot of it very soon.

13 people like this

Posted (edited)

Im totally ok waiting, just wish there were dev blogs

Edited by DadOfMad
1 person likes this