It most likely would have to be an update because of a few factors. Firstly, there won't be a ton of mod support at release and I am not sure how high it is on the list of the Dev's priorities. Secondly, there probably won't be DLC as the game will just be continuously updated. Lastly, trains would take a lot longer to create if they were created to allow player drivers. It would be pretty sick if they did add it, but the Dev's priorities probably would focus on bug fixes and patches at release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yesucanIdentity said:

Sorry by DLC I meant updates, Thanks for your reply! I guess all we can do is hope.

Unfortunately it is a no to train drivers because they will be on a schedule and it being player driven won't keep up the schedule.

There will likely be a lot more reasons also to why you cannot be a train driver like YellowHero said.

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Unfortunately it is a no to train drivers because they will be on a schedule and it being player driven won't keep up the schedule.

There will likely be a lot more reasons also to why you cannot be a train driver like YellowHero said.

What about dedicated severs like for hardcore no ai role-players?

5 minutes ago, yesucanIdentity said:

What about dedicated severs like for hardcore no ai role-players?

That is not something they will likely allow and you cannot host off a dedicated server but must rent a server from a provider of choice.