Venger10

Spam posts

Can the mods get rid of them? They are appearing like the plague.

Edited by Venger10
Spelling

Please do. All you can do for now is report them. I have no idea how slow/fast the mods are here, but I'll find out today. :)

• Like 1

The Mods are normaly pretty fast in clearing the forum from spam, but they cant be online 24/7 . 

I already made an Thread a time ago where i mentioned a few ways to make it harder for the spambots but i dont think that the right person read it. 

Only thing we can do is report all spam we see like @Genesai already said. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

The Mods are normaly pretty fast in clearing the forum from spam, but they cant be online 24/7 . 

I already made an Thread a time ago where i mentioned a few ways to make it harder for the spambots but i dont think that the right person read it. 

Only thing we can do is report all spam we see like @Genesai already said. 

I remember someone saying that they were talking to Motown (or someone else) about setting up something. The main reason why spam doesn't get removed is that it is the middle of the night for the mods. They are sleeping when all of the spam appears.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MntnChicken said:

The main reason why spam doesn't get removed is that it is the middle of the night for the mods. They are sleeping when all of the spam appears.

Time for some European mods in addition then. :) I'm not volunteering though. Haha. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genesai said:

Time for some European mods in addition then. :) I'm not volunteering though. Haha. :D

I would love to help the team out, but i dont think i will be ever accepted ^^ 

• Like 1

Hello @Venger10,

as some people already said: We do our very best to delete these spam posts as fast as possible. 

Most of the Bots start posting at times, when most from our moderators are sleeping (Mostly at night in Central European Summer Time)

Also most moderators are having a job in real life. 

Depending in which timezone you are living you are seeing such spam posts a bit longer the the others (Because of the time difference)

To help us get rid of it, please report such spam posts. We will delete them as soon as possible :)

Greetings

-Radack

• Like 3

But seriously, you gotta try the...

NEW MEGA DICK SOAP!!! 19.99!!! TWELVE STROKES AND IT'L BE TWICE THE LENGTH!

I agree though.. These ads are brutal.
They should implement some type of code or registration from now on that you need to make a forum account. Like a CD key or something that comes with every copy of Identity sold.
Make em pay for it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Genesai said:

ye i agree :D lol

@KifDawg - No, they should NEVER make the forum only for payers. I know its a joke ( i hope so ) but no.. there are other ways to keep the Forum clean from spam.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 5:21 AM, Venger10 said:

Can the mods get rid of them? They are appearing like the plague.

There's not much we can do besides deleting and banning the user. So the best way to help is to report any of them you see so we can catch them all! :D

• Like 2

Basically just make a restriction to links inside post title. and keep in a registry all spam links and add them to the restriction so they cannot be posted inside a topic

• Like 1

those spam posts aren't that much of a nuisance to me, but that doesn't mean I want them, hopefully mods are quicker to remove them in the future

9 hours ago, Kellog said:

Why the fuck are they spam posting on here?

"(...) looking for better referencing on the web through forums, and trying to sell us their "products".

On 2017-07-05 at 1:38 AM, Ragnar said:

@Levi_King the same thing i already said in my Anti Spam Ideas thread thing some time ago... 

Yeah. Its like basic coding.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Levi_King said:

Yeah. Its like basic coding.

Maybe they´ll do it. Only Time shows ^^ 

They have to fix this as soon as possible. It isn't that hard and it's destroying the forum.

Edited by Sjondefries

7 hours ago, Sjondefries said:

They have to fix this as soon as possible. It isn't that hard and it's destroying the forum.

The spam is being filtered by somehow it is bypassing the system used on this forum and so hopefully when the revamped website / forum is up, it will be fixed.