The reason I am so hyped for this game is that it will be a great place to roleplay seriously, and so far it looks like the devs are making something very special. My only concern is that people won't roleplay seriously and will run around being stupid and not actually roleplaying. How many of you guys actually intend to have your character live their lives out highly realistically?

Thanks, Johnny.

• Like 5

I do ^^ My character will work as a stripper and most likely use her charm to get free things, like moving into someone's house or getting free rides! 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

20 minutes ago, Vix said:

I do ^^ My character will work as a stripper and most likely use her charm to get free things, like moving into someone's house or getting free rides! 

Sounds great, a proper RP story with a character and all. Nice!

• Like 2

peoples that won't roleplay in identity will most probably be hobos, try to piss on your character or stay jailed.

• Like 1

My char is going to be a hindley street hooker and she'll wear the most minimal amount of clothing, sexually pose in inappropriate places and part time work at a servo as a distasteful car wash bombshell. Backstory is that her brother is going to a flashy school and she needs to make some dosh to keep the family afloat.

All jokes aside - I'll probably be a mobster, parents died, turned to a life of crime, felt alive in the city where I could pursue my dreams of just intimidating and ruling? It'll be g.

• Like 2

My character history is described in detail on my mafia page, but I'll put it here as well.

The Mariano Crime Family was founded by brothers Johnny and Paulie Mariano. Initially, the gang was only comprised of the pair, who would commit smaller crimes like extortion rackets, truck hijacking, and drug dealing. 

Within a few years, at ages 28 and 25 respectively, Johnny and Paulie were regarded as fearsome criminals, who ran many rackets, and made lots of money. It was at this point that new faces began to emerge in their small organisation, which had become known as the Mariano Crime Family.

Often called upon to indtimidate or kill those who stood in Johnny and Paulie's way, enforcers 'Big Al' Abruzzo and Jediah Kernaghan had risen up the ranks to become respected faces in the gang.

Over the years, Johnny and Paulie had created a feared criminal organisation which controlled most of the town's underworld. Backed by a wide array of fearsome gangsters, there is no end in site, and the gang's power is only growing

Aside from what is mentioned there, my character is a great thinker and strategist, but when he is backed into a corner he is prone to losing his shit and getting very mad and potentially violent.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

My character moved out from her parents when she was 18 "to study". In reality she got pregnant by her boyfriend who broke up with her shortly before she found out about the pregnancy. Her parents were extremely Catholic and didn't even know she had a boyfriend in the first place. She knew they'd make her give the baby up for adoption, so she decided to keep it a secret. Didn't tell the father of the baby because she didn't want him in her life. She spent the money they gave her for university on baby stuff, but few months into the pregnancy she had a miscarriage. As a response to the emotional pain she turned to drugs and alcohol and got in debts, so now she's dancing.

• Like 5

Jacob Gatuzzi - 29y/o European 1,85m tall and dark brown haired guy who just want to open a music label on Identity Island (forgot the name of it if there was any). He lived in Italy for 8 years since he was born. After that time, he moved to London due to the fact, that his parents found a well-payed job there (designing houses and buildings stuff). For another 11 years he lived in UK, practising English and studying Managment and Marketing. Now he moved here, to USA to finally open a modern-based Music Label with mostly electronic stuff such as House. His parents are doing great they are making money, no one has died yet, he is going to be rich as fuck. It ain't a sad story like you people have :D If I fail with label, I'm going with the criminal stuff, but I'm not into it as much as music label.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Johnny said:

The reason I am so hyped for this game is that it will be a great place to roleplay seriously, and so far it looks like the devs are making something very special. My only concern is that people won't roleplay seriously and will run around being stupid and not actually roleplaying. How many of you guys actually intend to have your character live their lives out highly realistically?

Thanks, Johnny.

I'm hyped but alot of things still seem fishy to me. I still have doubts about this game until I see the first module.

5 hours ago, Jacob said:

Jacob Gatuzzi - 29y/o European 1,85m tall and dark brown haired guy who just want to open a music label on Identity Island (forgot the name of it if there was any). He lived in Italy for 8 years since he was born. After that time, he moved to London due to the fact, that his parents found a well-payed job there (designing houses and buildings stuff). For another 11 years he lived in UK, practising English and studying Managment and Marketing. Now he moved here, to USA to finally open a modern-based Music Label with mostly electronic stuff such as House. His parents are doing great they are making money, no one has died yet, he is going to be rich as fuck. It ain't a sad story like you people have :D If I fail with label, I'm going with the criminal stuff, but I'm not into it as much as music label.

Aye, actually I was looking for someone who's into music labels. I would love for members of my gang to rap.

I'm not gonna go further than light RP, not gonna bother hardcore realism role-playing, always been too serious for me. I just want to have fun.

I aim to become governor or just worker from city council. I find it quite thrilling if i could make shady deals and arrangements, with people in power, which would have some kind of tax raise, regulations, increased police force ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

I'm not gonna go further than light RP, not gonna bother hardcore realism role-playing, always been too serious for me. I just want to have fun.

>I'm not going to do SeriousRP
>... on this SeriousRP game

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

>I'm not going to do SeriousRP
>... on this SeriousRP game

>tries to greenchat on a forum.

>actual cringe.

(That was a condescending way of using if fyi)

You probably don't even know that the dev has only light RP servers on his arma servers, did you? This game isn't serious RP, it's dependant on the server that you're playing on genius.

@Aetion heavy RP would be the super realistic and hardcore shit. It's hard to explain, because there's different RP rules per servers.

• Like 1

@Atmosphere Alot of "super realistic hardcore" roleplay isn't even realistic unless you're a scared person who couldn't bust a grape in a food fight. :/

As long as this doesn't turn into Garry's mod darkRP I'm fine with it.

Altho when and if community servers start coming up, Ill be moving my ass on one which focuses more on roleplaying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atmosphere said:

>tries to greenchat on a forum.

>actual cringe.

(That was a condescending way of using if fyi)

You probably don't even know that the dev has only light RP servers on his arma servers, did you? This game isn't serious RP, it's dependant on the server that you're playing on genius.

@Aetion heavy RP would be the super realistic and hardcore shit. It's hard to explain, because there's different RP rules per servers.

Greenchat isn't just used on 4chan, it's pretty widely used. Anyway from the game features they're putting in, it looks as if the game is going to be pretty serious, at least compared to a lot of the roleplay you'll see on games.

2 hours ago, Aetion said:

@Johnny @Atmosphere What do you consider light and heavy RP?

Heavy RP would living out the character in depth, living realistically and having a backstory and all that.

@Johnny Oh... I'll have a back story for my character but I won't be like freaking out if the RP doesn't go my way and all that BS. Like I'll still be me but if anyone asks my backstory I would say my character.. if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Aetion said:

@Johnny Oh... I'll have a back story for my character but I won't be like freaking out if the RP doesn't go my way and all that BS. Like I'll still be me but if anyone asks my backstory I would say my character.. if that makes sense.

But unless you're planning on playing on a private server that's more like GTA than Identity, you're going to be playing a pretty SeriousRP, because the game mechanics are made that way.

Edited by Johnny

3 minutes ago, Johnny said:

But unless you're planning on playing on a private server that's more like GTA than Identity, you're going to be playing a pretty SeriousRP, just because the game mechanics are made that way.

Yeah I don't mind that. I like RP. Like I'm definitely gonna play as my character. But every once in a while I might go out of character or something.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2016 at 2:49 PM, psykoxo said:

As long as this doesn't turn into Garry's mod darkRP I'm fine with it.

Altho when and if community servers start coming up, Ill be moving my ass on one which focuses more on roleplaying.

Jesus, I use to moderate a gmod darkrp server. WORST Decision I ever made......

I'm hoping for serious role play as well, not that semi-serious bullshit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Aldo_The_Wiseguy I'm with you there! I was an admin on a DarkRP server... It wasn't much fun. 

Yeah, having to deal with little kids texting you on steam about every single little problem they had nearly drove me goddamn crazy!

But geez, I could never handle being an admin, I would've just deleted my steam and gmod altogether if I had to deal with anymore of that......