Question

Will you be able to change between kph & mph because like arma 3 it is only kph when you should be able to change to mph?

12 answers to this question

I don't know but hopefully it is MPH as generally I prefer it too, however I have not known that a car could be changed by it's owner and so I doubt it will be able to get changed but I hope it will be done in MPH.

generally, it wouldn't really matter too much since any speed limits given in game will correspond to what is displayed in the car.  that being said however, we have km/h here in Australia so if that picture is accurate, I'd get the best of both worlds.

5 hours ago, EnraBahn said:

generally, it wouldn't really matter too much since any speed limits given in game will correspond to what is displayed in the car.  that being said however, we have km/h here in Australia so if that picture is accurate, I'd get the best of both worlds.

the picture is just a representation of how to make everyone happy. just a USA standard Volvo instrument cluster. picture has nothing to do with game. merely posted it with hopes maybe a dev will see it and like the idea

Edited by DadOfMad

I've asked this question on the live stream just now, and got a reply.

"We might do a US vs the rest of the world type of option on that."

So thanks for the assistance on Twitch @DadOfMad. I'm on another username on Twitch.

• Like 1

On June 27, 2017 at 7:46 AM, LuckyDuck said:

I don't know but hopefully it is MPH as generally I prefer it too, however I have not known that a car could be changed by it's owner and so I doubt it will be able to get changed but I hope it will be done in MPH.

Being that the United States is literally the only country that does use the metric system, and they're already planning world wide releases from what I've seen, as an American I support giving the finger to the imperial system and going metric. To program both based on server choice is a pain in the ass, and to give people the option would confuse things when looking at signs. Unless they put both on every sign that uses them which would also be a hassle and a half. 

On 7/25/2017 at 9:20 PM, Boredomfalls said:

Being that the United States is literally the only country that does use the metric system, and they're already planning world wide releases from what I've seen, as an American I support giving the finger to the imperial system and going metric. To program both based on server choice is a pain in the ass, and to give people the option would confuse things when looking at signs. Unless they put both on every sign that uses them which would also be a hassle and a half. 

it would be a hassle for the signs but seeing as identity is taking place off usa the signs should be mph.

having both inside the vehicle would be cool as people from around the world could see what kph their are going at our mph maybe using it in the future if they ever visit our country.. little ingame learning?

3 hours ago, DadOfMad said:

it would be a hassle for the signs but seeing as identity is taking place off usa the signs should be mph.

having both inside the vehicle would be cool as people from around the world could see what kph their are going at our mph maybe using it in the future if they ever visit our country.. little ingame learning?

It may be feasible I just know how I feel when I'm forced into using MPH and personally I'll accept it knowing how few people actually use it, but I could see that lol

On 7/26/2017 at 3:20 AM, Boredomfalls said:

Being that the United States is literally the only country that does use the metric system, and they're already planning world wide releases from what I've seen, as an American I support giving the finger to the imperial system and going metric. 

You got it the other way around. The US is literally one of the few countries in the world that uses MPH (imperial), and not KMH (metric).
Even the UK adopted the metric system in the '70s. Although people revolted against it, and they often mix the two, they took in the metric system as the official one.

Want to know which countries use MPH? Check this map:

metric-system.png

It sure as hell doesn't look like the majority of the world is using MPH. Not even close.

Source (and more info): http://www.zmescience.com/other/map-of-countries-officially-not-using-the-metric-system/

5 hours ago, Genesai said:

You got it the other way around. The US is literally one of the few countries in the world that uses MPH (imperial), and not KMH (metric).
Even the UK adopted the metric system in the '70s. Although people revolted against it, and they often mix the two, they took in the metric system as the official one.

Want to know which countries use MPH? Check this map:

metric-system.png

It sure as hell doesn't look like the majority of the world is using MPH. Not even close.

Source (and more info): http://www.zmescience.com/other/map-of-countries-officially-not-using-the-metric-system/

I apologize i mixed up what i was typing lmao.  I was tired as hell lol, my first post i made was saying that KMH was used by most of the world and that's what i meant to stick with.  But fixing my mistake, knowing that the US one of the few (i thought they were the only) countries to use the imperial system, i'm all for pleasing the masses, giving the finger to the imperial system, and going metric in the game

Edited by Boredomfalls

On 6/27/2017 at 9:17 AM, DadOfMad said:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.thecarconnection.bam, problem solved..... just have both

i love how this picture looks computer animated  but infact it is a real cars dash....

• Like 2