kriller509

How politics will work

I think there needs to be a serious discussion on the actual politics of the game. Popular vote, in theory, is good but it's so abusable. For example - you could literally just ask a bunch of people who don't play on that server to hop on the server just to vote for you. I don't have any solutions, but I'm hoping that the community here can start a conversation on how we can make voting more fair to the server.

My only idea is perhaps X amount of playtime required but then AFKing would get the vote. Perhaps X amount of time + you have to own or rent a residential structure? Doesn't really sound appealing, but it's all I can think of.

On official servers, it's going to be decided by popular vote. However, on private servers, you can have a lengthy "immigration" process and whitelist people. I'm sure there will be some option to restrict voting on private servers only to people who are vetted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

On official servers, it's going to be decided by popular vote. However, on private servers, you can have a lengthy "immigration" process and whitelist people. I'm sure there will be some option to restrict voting on private servers only to people who are vetted.

This will not stop my plans for voting Thomas Hetch for Governor.

I will spam the votes with my bots and rig the election.

Thank me later Thomas.

@ThomasHetch

On 6/16/2017 at 2:09 PM, Judgement said:

This will not stop my plans for voting Thomas Hetch for Governor.

I will spam the votes with my bots and rig the election.

Thank me later Thomas.

@ThomasHetch

So your gonna pay money to make a bunch of accounts just to vote? $30 per vote is a lot. Not to mention you could ban those alt accounts.

Edited by uncannierlink

@kriller509had the right idea about owning or renting an apartment/house on the server.

Another idea may be a public register where you must enter your details and then are allowed to vote after a week of play time.  The biggest downside to this though would be that we would need to be able to see that the registered party is actually playing and didn't just join the server to get their friend into the role.

Also, I would think there would be a short time slot for voting. Allowing only the people in the server at that time to vote.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Also, I would think there would be a short time slot for voting. Allowing only the people in the server at that time to vote.

Sadly that wouldn't solve it, I agree that it should be short regardless but it'd still give people the chance to invite others on to vote

You said that you could just tell people to go on the server you are on but what if to vote you needed to be a citizen on the server for a certain amount of time. So it would work and if people stand still for to long they shouldn't count as an active player.

Edited by Gamesolver21

2 hours ago, Gamesolver21 said:

Wait but arent all elections rigged anyway i mean come on they obviously are, right?

yeah, i mean for real, right?

On 16.6.2017 at 7:59 PM, uncannierlink said:

However, on private servers, you can have a lengthy "immigration" process and whitelist people.

This immigration kinda thingy is probably the best way to go. This way, a big part of people trying to rig votings are already giving up on doing so. How about "your account had to exist for xx time and has to have yy hours of gameplay on record" (I know the grammer was weak with this one). 

On 9/24/2017 at 7:46 AM, Svanders said:

This immigration kinda thingy is probably the best way to go. This way, a big part of people trying to rig votings are already giving up on doing so. How about "your account had to exist for xx time and has to have yy hours of gameplay on record" (I know the grammer was weak with this one). 

This still wouldn't work as it would just stop the spam from new accounts which will only be a majority for a short period of time, so most 'riggers' would still be able to do as they please. I think I might agree that the best way to go is X amount of time needed on server

On 9/25/2017 at 3:17 PM, kriller509 said:

This still wouldn't work as it would just stop the spam from new accounts which will only be a majority for a short period of time, so most 'riggers' would still be able to do as they please. I think I might agree that the best way to go is X amount of time needed on server

That's does seems most reliable!

• Like 2