Sign in to follow this  
The_Orgazoid

[UK][S.R.D.] The Social Reformative Democrats

Vote for the Orgazoid today!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want free healthcare, our public services to be respected, and for a progressive drug law and taxation system?

• No, I'm a right-wing who believes that the rich should be protected and the poor should stay poor forever.
    • YES! I am a sensible human who believes in progressive laws and want a more equal and fair society!

Hello all, welcome to the Social Reformative Democrat's campaign page!

About us

We are a left-wing party whose policies revolve around raising the living standards of the lower class, reducing inequality, and creating a fairer and more just world for all. Our current party leader and founder is "The Orgazoid", who came up with the revolutionary idea of combining left wing policies with a strong fiscal backbone to conduct our government spending upon. We realise that many left-wing parties are perceived as dreaming up a "fantasy" world which would never be achievable under real life budget constraints, and we recognise that and aim to work within our limits while still delivering consistent results.

Our Policies:

- Corporation tax rates of 28%

- Income tax rates starting off at 10% for those within the $10,000 - $20,000 bracket.

- Investment in public services in line with inflation and % change in GDP

- A minimum working wage of $10/hour

- A MINIMUM public services wage of $30,000 per annum

- Free healthcare and education to ALL

Our Manifesto:

• Wages: A minimum working wage of $10 per hour, which all 18+ are entitled to
  •  
  • Public Services: We promise to raise investment in our public services to rates in line with GDP growth, meaning they will never be over-capacity
  •  
  • Security: We promise to work with local communities and install a personalised police service to better the relationship between government and people and increase the security within our suburbs.
  •  
  • Health: Patients suffering from drug addiction will be treated like that, PATIENTS! No longer will drug addicts be criminalised and thrown to rot in jail without any help offered. Healthcare will be free to everyone at the point of use, regardless of your financial situation.
  •  
  • Workers rights: We pledge to bring back strong trade unions and end the capitalist regime which has seen those at the top grow richer and those at the bottom stay poor
  •  
  • Drugs: One of our goals is to DECRIMINALISE ALL DRUGS so as to pave the way for research into their effects and more a more effective prohibition stance rather than the so called "war on drugs" which up to this day has been a FAILURE!

Put your faith in us to deliver for EVERYONE, no coalition of chaos, no deals, just a strong and stable leadership under which everyone can prosper and flourish.

A vote for us, is a vote for you!

FAQ's:

You plan to set a corporation tax rate of 28%, won't this drive out businesses and raise unemployment?

A good question, but no, this will not happen. A business rate of 28% is still well below many other countries, and given the economic growth that will increase due to increased spending from larger tax revenues, we feel that business would much rather stay and prosper while putting a little more in to benefit everyone

Drugs are bad! How will decriminalising them make the situation any better?

For far too long now we have treated addicts like criminals rather than patients. Out-dated drug laws are wasting police time, while not allowing valuable medical research to be done into the real effects and treatments available for addicts. Decriminalising enables addicts to get the help they need without being treated as law-breakers, and will result in a more prosperous society where everyone's needs are treated rather than brushed off.

I would like to ask a question to you about your party, how can I do this?

Please post any questions you may have below and The Orgazoid will aim to reply as soon as possible.

Edited by The_Orgazoid

41 minutes ago, SilviaGatsby said:

Smiles asking as a journalist... *When the Island will be ready, Sir?*

Look, we're gonna build an island, it's gonna be huge okay? It's gonna be massive. I have the best islands, I know islands, Africa, that's an island right?

Trust me we're gonna make this island great, there's gonna be jobs and we're gonna be the best okay, we're gonna be great yeh?

My friends they all ring me they say, "Orgazoid you have the best islands you know" and I thank them but it's true, it really is.

4 minutes ago, The_Orgazoid said:

Look, we're gonna build an island, it's gonna be huge okay? It's gonna be massive. I have the best islands, I know islands, Africa, that's an island right?

Trust me we're gonna make this island great, there's gonna be jobs and we're gonna be the best okay, we're gonna be great yeh?

My friends they all ring me they say, "Orgazoid you have the best islands you know" and I thank them but it's true, it really is.

That sounds very interesthin pot of view Sir...

5 minutes ago, SilviaGatsby said:

That sounds very interesthin pot of view Sir...

We're gonna build a wall okay? It's gonna be huge, a great wall. No illegal immigrants from those other islands, you know?

Consider me in! I do have some items that I believe should definitely be added to the platform. And it sounds to me like you're a proper Berniecrat, so I'm sure you'll be into at least some of these suggestions ;) 

EXTREME MAKEOVER: CAMPAIGN FINANCE EDITION

Establishing serious campaign finance laws is critical in avoiding the development of a corrupt government. The party should push for a campaign reform law which would include the following caveats:

• Donors are limited to contributions not exceeding $5,000 per candidate. This includes companies AND private citizens. Political contributions are not considered charitable.
  • ALL campaigns, regardless of the office they're seeking, are strictly limited to three (3) paid campaign advertisements of any type.
  • Political action committees (PACs) are allowed one (1) advertisement per candidate.
  • Elected officials AND candidates seeking office must openly display the names of their ten biggest donors on their advertisements and in any campaign literature they distribute publicly.

ELECTION REFORMS

Election day should be a Federal/ State holiday where only essential emergency personnel are required to work. All other businesses and government agencies are expected to be closed. No citizen legally allowed to vote shall be prohibited or restricted in any way, shape, or form from voting by their respective employer(s).

Also, voter registration is compulsory at the age of 18 and does NOT include party affiliation (though a voter can update their voter registration with that information if they so choose). Political parties are strictly prohibited from excluding voters from their primaries, but voters may only vote for one (1) candidate in any primary.

MARKET TRANSACTION TAX

Universal healthcare and universal education are going to be expensive, and I'm not seeing enough revenue-generation here to really compensate for those policies. This market transaction tax will charge a 1% flat rate on ALL stock market transactions, paid by the purchaser of stocks/ shares in publically-traded companies. This fee would not apply to a company's IPO; it only gets charged for future transactions.

If you spend $100 buying a share in a company, this tax will generate $1 in revenue for the government. It doesn't sound like a lot, but if Identity features a stock market, and if there's any amount of speculation in that market, this tax will generate tremendous amounts of revenue for the government without negatively affecting the stock market in any major way.

PHARMACEUTICAL REFORM BILL

America is facing a serious opioid epidemic, and big pharma is contributing to it with opioid-based medications that should never have been approved by the FDA to begin with. This bill would include:

• A full-on ban on pharmaceutical advertising across the board
  • Opioids must be clearly marked on product labels
  • Children under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from being prescribed opioid drugs
  • Adults must be warned by doctors of the risks of addiction
  • Individuals suffering with drug abuse problems may NOT be prescribed drugs containing opioids. Doctors are responsible for keeping these drugs out of the hands of those suffering with drug addiction

DRUG DECRIMINALIZATION (Notes)

I'm onboard with the idea of decriminalizing drug possession, use, and smaller sales, but not production or large-scale distribution. Again, the heroin epidemic in America is a very serious issue, and flatly decriminalizing all drugs won't help. We need to decriminalize possession and couple that with a legal reform stipulating that police must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a person's intent to sell; as it stands today, simply having those drugs makes you suspected of planning to sell/ distribute. Large-scale distributors -- the Walter White types -- should still go to jail for illegally manufacturing and/ or distributing controlled subtances. But I think we'd do well to establish what we mean here and specify how decriminalization might work.

PRISON REFORM

Prisons should be focused on rehabilitation, not punishment. In the United States we spend a large fortune on imprisoning those convicted of crimes, with a horrible recidivism rate. That's because our focus is on locking prisoners away. We should instead be working on reforming inmates and teaching them how to contribute legally to our society. Education programs, work programs with real wages, a "box exclusion" program where employers are not allowed to ask potential workers for criminal records, an enhanced parole and probation system focused on helping prisoners find legal work and further their education... this is how we'll reduce crime rates and avoid seeing the same people return to prison over and over again.

CORPORATE TAXATION (Notes)

I think a flat 28% tax rate on corporations will stagnate private sector growth in all the wrong ways. Instead, I would propose a 15% corporate tax rate for corporations with net earnings equal to or less than $1 million, 23% for those with net profits between $1 million and $10 million, and 28% for corporations earning more than $10 million in net profits. I also think we should couple this with a 20% capital gains tax.

I could go on here for hours on the environment, workplace safety laws, discrimination laws, etc. but hey, one day at a time lol.

On 15.6.2017 at 4:51 PM, The_Orgazoid said:

Hello all, welcome to the Social Reformative Democrat's campaign page!

About us

We are a left-wing party whose policies revolve around raising the living standards of the lower class, reducing inequality, and creating a fairer and more just world for all. Our current party leader and founder is "The Orgazoid", who came up with the revolutionary idea of combining left wing policies with a strong fiscal backbone to conduct our government spending upon. We realise that many left-wing parties are perceived as dreaming up a "fantasy" world which would never be achievable under real life budget constraints, and we recognise that and aim to work within our limits while still delivering consistent results.

Our Policies:

- Corporation tax rates of 28%

- Income tax rates starting off at 10% for those within the $10,000 - $20,000 bracket.

- Investment in public services in line with inflation and % change in GDP

- A minimum working wage of $10/hour

- A MINIMUM public services wage of $30,000 per annum

- Free healthcare and education to ALL

Our Manifesto:

• Wages: A minimum working wage of $10 per hour, which all 18+ are entitled to
  •  
  • Public Services: We promise to raise investment in our public services to rates in line with GDP growth, meaning they will never be over-capacity
  •  
  • Security: We promise to work with local communities and install a personalised police service to better the relationship between government and people and increase the security within our suburbs.
  •  
  • Health: Patients suffering from drug addiction will be treated like that, PATIENTS! No longer will drug addicts be criminalised and thrown to rot in jail without any help offered. Healthcare will be free to everyone at the point of use, regardless of your financial situation.
  •  
  • Workers rights: We pledge to bring back strong trade unions and end the capitalist regime which has seen those at the top grow richer and those at the bottom stay poor
  •  
  • Drugs: One of our goals is to DECRIMINALISE ALL DRUGS so as to pave the way for research into their effects and more a more effective prohibition stance rather than the so called "war on drugs" which up to this day has been a FAILURE!

Put your faith in us to deliver for EVERYONE, no coalition of chaos, no deals, just a strong and stable leadership under which everyone can prosper and flourish.

A vote for us, is a vote for you!

FAQ's:

You plan to set a corporation tax rate of 28%, won't this drive out businesses and raise unemployment?

A good question, but no, this will not happen. A business rate of 28% is still well below many other countries, and given the economic growth that will increase due to increased spending from larger tax revenues, we feel that business would much rather stay and prosper while putting a little more in to benefit everyone

Drugs are bad! How will decriminalising them make the situation any better?

For far too long now we have treated addicts like criminals rather than patients. Out-dated drug laws are wasting police time, while not allowing valuable medical research to be done into the real effects and treatments available for addicts. Decriminalising enables addicts to get the help they need without being treated as law-breakers, and will result in a more prosperous society where everyone's needs are treated rather than brushed off.

I would like to ask a question to you about your party, how can I do this?

Please post any questions you may have below and The Orgazoid will aim to reply as soon as possible.

Hello my friend on that other democratic Party.

Look I have one question. We can do a coalition, because we are both democratic parties and my manifesto is the same like yours. We should work together to build a Democracy on the Island. Your voters and my voters are vote for that coalition. That is a deal isn't it.

Greetings Chairman Maurice Clinton

be53a4_c18d2e0adf13465fbe78a19281969729~

Edited by MauriceClinton

Yikes man, I don't think I can help you here. You have a very clear, extreme bias towards the other side which is not healthy in democracy.. I can't vote for nutty communists.

• Like 1

WOW! I feel like we have another money hungry candidate for the office!!!
28% tax is basically asking if you could sleep with my wife.. Holy shit that's a lot of tax money man.

• Like 1