67Jumper

Why Is identity so delayed?

Why is this game so delayed! I mean come on the web was plastered with ''early 2017'' now mid 2017 and not even module 1....

• Like 5

The only thing anyone ever gives for an answer is, "delay" "cant rush" " things take time" i dont think we ever will know whats causing them to be so many months behind, but just hope they finish soon before people lose interest. i honestly wish they communicated a lot more to the community about these things and progress and such.

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, PeakyBlinder said:

Why is this game so delayed! I mean come on the web was plastered with ''early 2017'' now mid 2017 and not even module 1....

A couple of months is when it will come, but it got delayed because of multiple reasons. e.g. a dev took his time (Was too slow) for assets, they remade the Town Square, re-textured the town square too a few times etc.

However like @Frostybeans said lets hope it gets done soon before more people lose hype.

• Like 2

Thanks to you both, as someone new to the forums the Identity devs seem so distant and detached from the community. I dont feel they are working as hard as they should, this game will make millions but if they dont hurry the F up everybody is gonna find a different game FACT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeakyBlinder said:

Thanks to you both, as someone new to the forums the Identity devs seem so distant and detached from the community. I dont feel they are working as hard as they should, this game will make millions but if they dont hurry the F up everybody is gonna find a different game FACT

Go to their twitch tomorrow at 4pm EST / 9pm GMT to watch their stream. You just missed the one for tonight: https://www.twitch.tv/identityrpg

The videos of the old streams are there for people who missed them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Go to their twitch tomorrow at 4pm EST / 9pm GMT to watch their stream. You just missed the one for tonight: https://www.twitch.tv/identityrpg

The videos of the old streams are there for people who missed them.

Ive watched it once and couldn't do it,  its always the same generic questions, same generic answers , and them playing other games ( i was somewhat hoping they would have slideshows of the game, or a little sneak peak of the game during stream )

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

Ive watched it once and couldn't do it,  its always the same generic questions, same generic answers , and them playing other games ( i was somewhat hoping they would have slideshows of the game, or a little sneak peak of the game during stream )

Thank you !

• Like 1

This module is also taking longer because the devs have to work on the foundation of the whole game, other modules will be done quicker especially the SWAT module.

• Like 1

Am I the only skeptical one about this ever getting released? A couple art photos over "months of progress" ?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marine said:

Am I the only skeptical one about this ever getting released? A couple art photos over "months of progress" ?

On 6/8/2017 at 2:54 PM, GoldenPancake said:

This module is also taking longer because the devs have to work on the foundation of the whole game, other modules will be done quicker especially the SWAT module.

like a friend told me, its taking them this long to release a town and get it to work, this game wont be out until like 2020

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

like a friend told me, its taking them this long to release a town and get it to work, this game wont be out until like 2020

no, this module isn't a third of the game, it's more because this module builds a foundation for the whole game and other modules

7 minutes ago, GoldenPancake said:

no, this module isn't a third of the game, it's more because this module builds a foundation for the whole game and other modules

i never said its a third of a game, but if you ask me its probably alot less than a third since this is a walking simulator between buildings. they still need cars, jobs, more buildings and houses for the rest of the map, list goes on. all this will be is some customization of apartments ( already done judging by videos) character customization, and buildings.

Edited by Frostybeans

On 6/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, Frostybeans said:

i never said its a third of a game, but if you ask me its probably alot less than a third since this is a walking simulator between buildings

As golden pancake said, the module will be the foundation of the game itself. The town module will be the building blocks for the other modules. It is taking awhile because they want it to be a very good building block. They want the foundation of the house to be good so it doesn't collapse when they add all the walls, floors, and furniture.

• Like 5

game development takes time :P give them the time. i heard them saying they where reworking some systems... they can show you a lot of things , yet how would you feel if its not in the final build ? , that would be like how no mans sky was.... yet i do agree they could tell us more direct what they did that day....

the only reason i see the amount of delays, they wan't to do it  right and that takes time....

• Like 2

Dude this is getting annoying. I'm not on the Dev's Side or the Impatient Community's.

However, yes, it is taking a LONG time to develop this game. For one, let me point out some things for each side.

BE PATIENT:
- The game is literally the closest thing we will ever see to a real-life RPG simulator. Of course it's going to take a long time to create such a large game.
- I'm not familiar with how many developers they have, but I'm sure they don't have many. What do you expect off of a small team of developers?
- If you are skeptical of the game's release, go ahead and refund your pledge.
- We're most likely less than a month away from the first module. It's summer so it's not like you have to go to school, just wait.                                          - If you are so impatient to just see how the game's doing, check the Twitch streams. Another thing you can do is check the dev blogs, or subscribe to the emails, etc.

WE'RE IMPATIENT:                                                                                                                                                                                                                     - Of course, we're impatient. They said the first module would be released in EARLY 2017, now it is a little above MID 2017. We have a right to get upset for that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         - They aren't really talking to the community when it comes to the forums, which is the one place that most of the community is. Of course, they are on Discord and stuff, but they need to talk to their fans more to keep the faith in the game, because some fans are starting to get a little bit flustered.               - Since it's already halfway through 2017, is the release going to be pushed back too? Only 6-9 months left until the full release of the game on Steam, and if the first module isn't even out until July, the 7th month, then what is it going to look like for the rest of the modules? I'm guessing there is going to be at least 1 month break between modules, so if there are I THINK 4 modules, then around 8 months, barely. If they can stay consistent, they will be able to release the game in about a little more than half a year from now.

• Like 2

I'm impatient bit frustrated aswell but rather having a game that works and not too rushed or it'll be a complete mess

Im chilling as i wait for the game :-) guys look for something else to do, play another games, go party, hangout with friends there is a bunch of stuff you can do while you wait this game, myself as instance im making my last project on college, hanging out with gf 3days a week, and hitting the gym.

-Lexan

The game can either be:

A: Released soon but be complete garbage

B: Take time and hope they get it good and not be another no mans sky

I think its taking time because the community grew fast and they now have assets($$$) that they didn't in the start so they can make it as good as possible. Plus what would make you more angry paying X amount on a pre order for trash or getting what you paid for.

~Hope It Comes Soon~

On 6/12/2017 at 10:22 PM, Frostybeans said:

from my understanding most of the island is already set up. they are just touching everything up, starting with town square

39 minutes ago, DadOfMad said:

from my understanding most of the island is already set up. they are just touching everything up, starting with town square

I here BETA will be within the summer, and that they are finalizing the menu's.

I'd rather they release the module now and finish what they didnt and update it, We would rather actually see the work that is going into the game we paid for. Or at least make a new gameplay video of what town module is like at the moment, seems like they are being lazy 

I agree with Discorded, if they release it now they could just add updates to it right?

5 minutes ago, Discorded said:

I'd rather they release the module now and finish what they didnt and update it, We would rather actually see the work that is going into the game we paid for. Or at least make a new gameplay video of what town module is like at the moment, seems like they are being lazy 

21 minutes ago, Discorded said:

20 minutes ago, Captaine said:

I agree with Discorded, if they release it now they could just add updates to it right?

Kinda agree. Yes I feel like they could release a new game play to show us what we are getting. But releasing an unfinished product isnt good. If its bad/broken/unplayble glitch than no one will give it a chance, but if its late and playable at least than you have a market of people who will want to play it. And I would say that they are being lazy but then again Destiny took 10 years to release I still have a mad magazine from 2011(i think) with a destiny ad.