Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

What Will your Reaction Be (If) Identity Fails!

Hey guys, hey devs Keep up the good work. this topic is for the people who are hyping s*** up for no reason and the people who have high high hopes. " Know Your Second moves before You Act Them"

What if the game doesnt succeed and it fails like any normal game. and its possible that any game could fail either by Graphical issues or Mechanical Problems, Or stupid thigs that game companies wont fix. (like Gta 4 servers that are full of glitchers and hackers))

How will reaction be when you waited so long for this amazing Unique Game That will be a Franchise and a New Opening Genre of Role-Playing games but it got off hand and it failed. it sucks to visit a game for more than 2 years every single day every single free hour i have to check and refresh the forum and twitter and discord and Youtube fan updates And then its fails.

So If you lost hype thats good. Why? Because if the game didnt succeed you wont be sad. BUT, If it succeeded You will come back and buy it. So i Recommend people to play on 2 ropes its that if you lose hype just leave the forums and come back if the module release and if the video release too. im doing this starting from today not visiting the community until The first Module get released. If your saying how will i know if its released? i have identity twitter and a Youtuber who talks about open world games and identity from time to time so no problems. Lose the hype and come back when its released.

Goodbye,

Thank You

• Like 3

If it fails, what i dont think, then my reaction will be " Well. And another Game that promised too much and didnt made it." 

But like i said i dont think Identity is going to fail, it just takes a good time for a good game! 

And yeah sure there are too less updates for us so we can see the progress more but you have to think that the Devs arent as many as like the Devs for GTA or other games. 

So DONT give up on the Game and on the Devs because they are doing what they can to get as much as possible for us, keep your hopes high. 

*Edit* PRAISE THE LORD @LuckyDuck LIKED MY POST a96b33f431ef3c545712b1392418e71f473e5641

Edited by Ragnar
  • Like 4

Wouldn't be shocked in all honesty at this point. Even if the modules come out lol

@Notic3 it took a long time, but you know its like a good steak. you have to wait a long time so its aged perfectly and then you have the best thing in your life :3 

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

@Notic3 it took a long time, but you know its like a good steak. you have to wait a long time so its aged perfectly and then you have the best thing in your life :3 

I don't care how long it takes, as long as we get honesty. It's been nothing but "next month, oh next month, in a few weeks, blablablabla" - Tell us it will be a long time, STOP DELAYING. I think about 90% of the people on this forum would agree. What's left of the userbase that still comes on, that is lol.

@Notic3 they tell us the truth, delays happen, but if we only making more and more pressure on them they are going to make more and more delays

So if you dont care anymore, dont stay, noone forces you to be here, and if the game or the first module releases you will see it

Honestly said, they are still working on it. Other people would´ve given up on that project because so many are waiting for the game and sure, they could just dont promise anything and say "Yeah it will take long, we dont know how long but its gonna be long" but that would not make hope

You know the game Interstellar Marines? If not, they gave up, because they done it like the Identity Devs, they said " Yeah it will only takes a few months" and then there was another delay, why? because the community made too much pressure.

It normaly takes time to make a freaking GAME its not like you are making chinese noodles. a GOOD game takes GOOD Time, even if it takes years. 
If you dont can wait, then dont do it. Like i said, noone forces you to stay&wait for the first Module

Edited by Ragnar
  • Like 1

My reaction would be normal since i don't expect much from videogames these days.

Edited by mezdoo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragnar said:

@Notic3 they tell us the truth, delays happen, but if we only making more and more pressure on them they are going to make more and more delays

So if you dont care anymore, dont stay, noone forces you to be here, and if the game or the first module releases you will see it

Honestly said, they are still working on it. Other people would´ve given up on that project because so many are waiting for the game and sure, they could just dont promise anything and say "Yeah it will take long, we dont know how long but its gonna be long" but that would not make hope

You know the game Interstellar Marines? If not, they gave up, because they done it like the Identity Devs, they said " Yeah it will only takes a few months" and then there was another delay, why? because the community made too much pressure.

It normaly takes time to make a freaking GAME its not like you are making chinese noodles. a GOOD game takes GOOD Time, even if it takes years. 
If you dont can wait, then dont do it. Like i said, noone forces you to stay&wait for the first Module

So don't give short deadlines for the fans and build up false hype. At this point I believe that they are doing it on purpose. You completely missed my point and rushed to shove your view down my throat. I understood what you said to an extent, but you have to understand we are only human.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Notic3 said:

So don't give short deadlines for the fans and build up false hype. At this point I believe that they are doing it on purpose. You completely missed my point and rushed to shove your view down my throat. I understood what you said to an extent, but you have to understand we are only human.

They're giving us their honest estimate on when the game will come out. Sometimes in development, sh*t happens... and that will change an estimate. It's like averaging numbers. Adding in another variable, will change the average.

• Like 2

Actually, it's not good because right now we've got so many topics about the failure in Identity and so many people just think that it wont ever just come out! Actually according to what we have right now they're just thinking right and it's not good, developers should see this and keep us updated!

We all know sometimes some bad things happens in the development progress, but somehow about 3 or even 4 months delay is not good! They could just simply say that we're not sure about the release date and these problems wouldn't just happen! Anyway if the game fail I wouldn't be shocked because as @mezdoo said, I don't expect from video-games these days too! 

By the way, we are all just waiting for the game and that's why we registered to the forums and the idea itself wont fail (I'm just speaking according to what I've seen in the Kickstarter) if they can just make the idea just happen really good and excellent it will success (and I'm sure they can!), as I said we are all just waiting, I hate this when people are just defending without any knowledge about the game and etc, they're just talking about what they don't know, they're just lying to them-selves, please don't comment about other people's opinion about the game unless you're the developer of the game!

Edited by Amirali
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Amirali said:

Actually, it's not good because right now we've got so many topics about the failure in Identity and so many people just think that it wont ever just come out! Actually according to what we have right now they're just thinking right and it's not good, developers should see this and keep us updated!

We all know sometimes some bad things happens in the development progress, but somehow about 3 or even 4 months delay is not good! They could just simply say that we're not sure about the release date and these problems wouldn't just happen! Anyway if the game fail I wouldn't be shocked because as @mezdoo said, I don't expect from video-games these days too! 

By the way, we are all just waiting for the game and that's why we registered to the forums and the idea itself wont fail (I'm just speaking according to what I've seen in the Kickstarter) if they can just make the idea just happen really good and excellent it will success (and I'm sure they can!), as I said we are all just waiting, I hate this when people are just defending without any knowledge about the game and etc, they're just talking about what they don't know, they're just lying to them-selves, please don't comment about other people's opinion about the game unless you're the developer of the game!

The devs admitted that they under estimated with when it would be done. That happens. GTA's Red Dead Redemption 2 was supposed to be released this year but it has been delayed till about March or so next year. They have a much bigger team for their game than the identity team has for theirs! I don't understand why it is a big deal that a small team makes mistakes but when a big team delays a game which is a "AAA" title it all makes it ok. Well delays from either team, big or small are just the same.

• Like 1

@LuckyDuck is right, delays happens everywhere. Even the biggest GameStudios delaying games because they didnt thought that something could happen. Making a game isnt easy so dont make more pressure to the Devs because they know what they are doing. 

10 hours ago, Notic3 said:

@Notic3 Why should they make false hype on purpose? Sorry mate but that doesnt make sense. I didnt missed your point, i know its not funny when a game gets delayed too often and imagine that, im a human too :P I didnt shove my view down your throat, you just didnt understand or understood my point of view. I never said you HAVE to see that like me, i even explained my view to you so you realy know why i still have my hype and keep waiting. 

In my completely honest opinion, I just think that we should stop arguing about whether the game will fail or succeed. I mean, to be honest, you can have your opinion on whether or not it will come out, but complaining about us not getting updates or it not coming out soon enough... won't speed up the development process any sooner. As you can obviously tell, it hasn't over the past few months that people have been complaining. From my perspective, @Motown, has an extremely good development team that knows not to listen to the "rush advice" of the forum users. Now I'm not saying that I'm glad it's not out yet, I too am extremely excited for the games release, but it's something I can wait for. There's a quote that I insert into my everyday life, "Good things come to those who wait for them". Yes, this game is something that many people have wanted to do and failed. Yes, this will spark a new genre of amazing MMO-RPG games. Yes, it MAY fail. However, us sitting here complaining about not getting enough screenshots, or not getting enough updates, or footage... doesn't help. They spend much time writing these updates for us when they could be working on the game. There are the people that complain about not getting updates and that it needs to come out sooner, but them just writing those updates delays the game by a couple of hours. I *LOVE* surprises, and I am completely fine with not receiving updates and the game come out sooner -- because then, all the stuff in the game they didn't give us updates on will BLOW us away! I think I have ranted quite a little while. I understand nothing I say will and can stop the users that will continue to complain about the ever-delayed game. But just think about it for a moment, does it really help... you're just stressing them out :/

Hopefully I was of some help or relief,

Or at least that some of you understood the point I tried to make -- have a wonderful day to all,

~ SummitsEdge // Mob Mechanix

• Like 2

Even if it sucks, at this point I have put so much effort into Identity I will still continue to play it.