YaLocalOreo

Making Drugs Legal Good or Bad for Drug Dealer

So if the Governor decides to make drugs legal would overall be bad for drug dealers. Because on one hand, I can see it being good b/c they can't get arrested for making and selling drugs but on the other hand wouldn't there be more competition from other people wanting to get in the game without consequences? What do you guys think?

Feel like it doesn't matter if they are legal/illegal, there is going to be an insane amount of competition either way.

On 2017-6-7 at 9:37 PM, qwerty1029 said:

So if the Governor decides to make drugs legal would overall be bad for drug dealers. Because on one hand, I can see it being good b/c they can't get arrested for making and selling drugs but on the other hand wouldn't there be more competition from other people wanting to get in the game without consequences? What do you guys think?

Normally governments legalise narcotics to force it out of the underground, making it very difficult to make a good profit off of illegal sales and distribution. 

Profits can still be made, however due to government involvement,  it becomes more difficult to remain in control of the market, meaning price and demand may fluctuate in a massive way (again due to the government involvement).

Forcing anything out of the underground market is both good and bad, as it could cause the underground to move away from a product. However this also could cause some in the underground to try and manipulate the narcotic scene, normally through tainting or creating bad batches. 

I am not sure how realistic the underground will be in Identity, but I hope realism is very important. 

making it legal would raise the competition and the prices would be reduced. so I think it'll be good its illegal. :)

Edited by Tharuka

Dealers will just lower their prices. You can't just let the power into the hands of wrong people. The power being narcotics. They have the drugs, they have the power.

Edited by Micky_Tohmpson
  • Like 1

By saying drugs im taking it that you mean only marihuana

I believe that the stronger drugs won't be legal(cocaine,meth) do there will still be competition in drugs

Regardless of whether or not drugs become legal, I would advise all criminal organisations that do drugs, to continue their operations in secrecy. My family wont be flaunting the fact that we produce narcotics even if it's legal or not, because not only does that advertise our operation to the public and other gangs/families, but also law enforcement. What happens when a new Governor comes into power and makes it illegal again? They would know exactly how we run our business and from there our operation would be compromised.