Sign in to follow this  
doctorsbro

VOIP?

Question

So i feel as if i may be posting this in the wrong area and i apoligize for that and maybe a moderator can move this to the correct section. I just recently joined and have been searching the forums but can not seem to find the answer I been looking for. I was just wondering will the game have a in-game voice system or will you have to use a 3rd party application such as discord/teamspeak/etc?

3 answers to this question

there will be in-game voice system, that will work differently according the situation you are in the game, for example, people who are far from you wont hear you and i think that you will also be able to set whisper range to only people very close to you hear you etc...

Sorry for bad english =(

- Lexan

38 minutes ago, doctorsbro said:

So i feel as if i may be posting this in the wrong area and i apoligize for that and maybe a moderator can move this to the correct section. I just recently joined and have been searching the forums but can not seem to find the answer I been looking for. I was just wondering will the game have a in-game voice system or will you have to use a 3rd party application such as discord/teamspeak/etc?

When you are behind objects, those objects muffle sound being voice, music or anything. If you are far away from someone then you have to shout or use a microphone in the game to amplify your voice. If you whisper then only those people right next to you will be able to hear you.

VOIP is the main type of communication and is the most necessary in this type of game as RP is better done in VOIP than using text chat as immersion breaks when one person types.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

When you are behind objects, those objects muffle sound being voice, music or anything. If you are far away from someone then you have to shout or use a microphone in the game to amplify your voice. If you whisper then only those people right next to you will be able to hear you.

... RP is better done in VOIP ... using text chat ... immersion breaks when one person types.

OH MAN THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! Now I need a new headset... :D

Sorry for caps. I really hype myself up every time.