gorgoroth

need help with pc build!

hey, im building my first pc over the next 2 months (half this month and half next) but i really dont know if what im buying is best for the price range so if anyone knows about this thing and is up for helping could you message me? will be able to tell you my plans so far and if you have any suggestions or if what im buying isnt the best, thanks 

(you'll need a anti static bracelet to avoid the components death by touching it. the body is always loaded and can hit the components with many thousand volts. a component is geting fu acked up at 30 volts)

first of all, how much do you want to spend?

second thing: don't believe anyone! a i5 processor in the 4000 range is enough for gaming. most of the original not fake ones got a inbuild cooler. if you want a better one a cooler by cooler master t4 should be enough (you know what, just ask the guy who sells the pc components. i don't know what coolers are available in the usa). you should of course use a good/expensive thermo paste. it's worth it. you can google for tutorial videos.

Radeon vs. Geforce?

you have to decide. in my opinion geforce is better because more games are optimized for it. a "geforce gtx" graphic card with more than 700 as number should be enough for medium settings.

the ram should contain to the 8 gb ram at least 32 mb cache memory

best thing to save is a hard disc drive with 500 gb and between 7200 and 10000 rpms are enough....

for the best form factor mainboard power supply and cables that are fiting to it you should use google, remember the ohmisch rules and to count the volts together with +25% to know what power supply you need

• Like 1

First off, what is your price range?

My standard suggestions if you got money to blow would be a gtx 970/980

i7-4690k

16Gigs of RAM

atleast 200GB SSD(preferred 500+) (mainly for games and editing programs and shit, also for your OS)

1TB HDD

ASRock ATX motherboard

if you're on a small budget GTX 770/960 (GTX 770 is better)

i5-4560k

8Gigs RAM

no SSD, 1TB HDD

Asus BM85-E Motherboard

18 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

(you'll need a anti static bracelet to avoid the components death by touching it. the body is always loaded and can hit the components with many thousand volts. a component is geting fu acked up at 30 volts)

first of all, how much do you want to spend?

second thing: don't believe anyone! a i5 processor in the 4000 range is enough for gaming. most of the original not fake ones got a inbuild cooler. if you want a better one a cooler by cooler master t4 should be enough (you know what, just ask the guy who sells the pc components. i don't know what coolers are available in the usa). you should of course use a good/expensive thermo paste. it's worth it. you can google for tutorial videos.

Radeon vs. Geforce?

you have to decide. in my opinion geforce is better because more games are optimized for it. a "geforce gtx" graphic card with more than 700 as number should be enough for medium settings.

best thing to save is a hard disc drive with 500 gb and between 7200 and 10000 rpms are enough....

for the best form factor mainboard power supply and cables that are fiting to it you should use google, remember the ohmisch rules and to count the volts together with +25% to know what power supply you need

Stop talking shite mate

@Kickapoo i'm a professional. if that's shite that tell me a better way. it's not my fault if i am german and can't help on english

Edited by Shimozukachi

This post contains more shite than the Bombay Sewers, first off who says that the i5 4k range isn't enough for gaming? I didn't, I read the reviews and found the i5-4690k was the best overall CPU for gaming, so you clearly didn't do your research before you made that point did you? Secondly, the CPU cooler is never built in it goes onto the motherboard on top of the CPU.  

you have to decide. in my opinion geforce is better because more games are optimized for it. a "geforce gtx" graphic card with more than 700 as number should be enough for medium settings.

"Games are more optimized for it" Where is your proof? Why are they more optimized? A professional would be able to give that reason right away!

"Should be enough for medium settings" We are giving consumer advice here and as a "professional" you are saying "Should be enough" like you don't know for sure and therefore have to take a guess. Not helpful if you aren't confident about your decisions.

"Ram should be at least 8GB" It doesn't take a genius to work that out

The difference between 500GB and 1TB is that marginal I don't even think its worth suggesting this to save money. Also as a "professional" you would know 500GB is not enough for a gaming PC, that would be swallowed up in 6 months if that.

for the best form factor mainboard power supply and cables that are fiting to it you should use google,

Why is a "Professional" asking them to use google hmm? Because you aren't actually a professional? Most likely.

remember the ohmisch rules and to count the volts together with +25% to know what power supply you need

That sentence makes no sense and is wrong/irrelevant anyway.

Your incompetence is quite clear @Shimozukachi so I suggest you don't say you are a professional as you quite clearly aren't, and you saying you are makes you look like a fool.

Edited by Kickapoo

2 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Kickapoo you're right. everyone can and want to spend more than 999999$ for a pc.

I never even hinted at the fact people should spend excessive amounts of money on gaming pcs. Your advice was not helpful and most of it was wrong.

@gorgoroth Im in the same boat, well i was, I just blew $2800 for everything, including Samsung 4k monitor, I dont know what ur range is, but i wanted to make sure i could run Identity at ultra high settings with max fps. I will have no problem playing any games for a good while. Its not top of the line but it will suit my purposes for the next few years. 

Intel i7-7700k

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB GDDR5X graphics card

ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2 LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX mobo

Seagate Constellation  2 TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200Rpm 64 MB Internal hard drive

SanDisk SSD+ 480GB Solid State Drive

Viper Elite Series DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)2400 MHz

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 80+ Bronze 850W Semi modular power Supply. 

3 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

@gorgoroth Im in the same boat, well i was, I just blew $2800 for everything, including Samsung 4k monitor, I dont know what ur range is, but i wanted to make sure i could run Identity at ultra high settings with max fps. I will have no problem playing any games for a good while. Its not top of the line but it will suit my purposes for the next few years. 

Intel i7-7700k

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 8GB GDDR5X graphics card

ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2 LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX mobo

Seagate Constellation  2 TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200Rpm 64 MB Internal hard drive

SanDisk SSD+ 480GB Solid State Drive

Viper Elite Series DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)2400 MHz

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 80+ Bronze 850W Semi modular power Supply. 

nice build.

Nice rig! Building gaming pcs is my hobby. Somewhere around  10 builds. I at one time spent a lot on graphics cards ($600.00 for a 6800 GTX) which eventually couldn't even play Simms 4. I'm retired now so I cannot spend like I used to. Still I learned to recycle Cases and boards. My current Is an I-5 6600 ,1060gtx, 32g DDr4 memory, and 1 TB hard. HD is near full so thinking of adding more or larger. You are young so if you continue some day (within 3 yrs.) you'll need an upgrade. Funny, but newer equipment is sometimes cheaper than the old. Good luck in Identity and other games.