SoggyLimpPickle

Why are people making companies when the game isnt even in beta?

I think its more to do with getting connections and getting people who will recognise your brand when the game launches.  There are some clothes companies art companies and transport companies i know i will be using already so it has got them atleat 1 customer already.

5 minutes ago, Prevantis said:

I think its more to do with getting connections and getting people who will recognise your brand when the game launches.  There are some clothes companies art companies and transport companies i know i will be using already so it has got them atleat 1 customer already.

But not only will they need to be able to get the money to start it, but if every server holds 300 people then there is a good chance those companies wont be in your server. 

5 minutes ago, SoggyLimpPickle said:

But not only will they need to be able to get the money to start it, but if every server holds 300 people then there is a good chance those companies wont be in your server. 

Yes most companies wont start up straigh away but when they do start to pop up i will remember the name.  Also some companies may not be on my server but they is a good chance there will be a few since ill be on an official server and companies might expand to multiple servers providing the game allows it.

i most say i cant stop but smile and shake my head ...i guess i kinda understand the hole want to get your brand out there and bla bla but honestly i have seen some ppl claiming locations and so on for there business on a map you dont know much about ...setting prices when we dont know the "valuta" ... it can be that a glass of water values from 1 to 10,000 in game credit so relax ppl and see where the path takes you ..

5 minutes ago, Regnar said:

i most say i cant stop but smile and shake my head ...i guess i kinda understand the hole want to get your brand out there and bla bla but honestly i have seen some ppl claiming locations and so on for there business on a map you dont know much about ...setting prices when we dont know the "valuta" ... it can be that a glass of water values from 1 to 10,000 in game credit so relax ppl and see where the path takes you ..

People claiming spots is just them saying their ideal spots and people can change their prices so if a glass of water was $10000 then everyones prices would obviously go up.  Atm people can only base the prices on real life prices which the devs said is what the economy will be like.

real life prices compared to what?? a coffe for me fost 30 kr but a guy in US it cost what 1$ or so my point is with the lack of information we have been giving its better to see what will be put on the tabel ..coz otherwice my ideal spot would be the white house in some oval office ;-)

The devs said that the economy in game will be based on the us economy.  Also people are saying what town they want to be in (which have been confirmed) not a building which probably wont be in the game :) 

20 minutes ago, Regnar said:

real life prices compared to what?? a coffe for me fost 30 kr but a guy in US it cost what 1$ or so my point is with the lack of information we have been giving its better to see what will be put on the tabel ..coz otherwice my ideal spot would be the white house in some oval office ;-)

The in game money will be as close to the US dollar as possible. E.g. clothing will cost/ can cost as cheap as idk $5 or could cost over $100. An apartment will be as close to the US pricing and so maybe $100k is how much it will cost. A car as close to car pricing and so on. 

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The in game money will be as close to the US dollar as possible. E.g. clothing will cost/ can cost as cheap as idk $5 or could cost over $100. An apartment will be as close to the US pricing and so maybe $100k is how much it will cost. A car as close to car pricing and so on. 

and where do you get this information from coz i have been looking all over the forums (im bored and eager to play this game) but i see no where it claims that ..neither have they told us much ...im starting to see a pathen of players making up things as they think it is not how it might be ... like the island everyone right now is thinking they will move to ...its concept art not ingame footage so the island might look completly different .... i hope the best for this game but honestly im starting to see that the devs gives WAY WAY to little information about what is going on and that makes me worry that 90% in the forums is some kid saying whatever to sound like a know it all coz thats what he thinks it will be, but no one knows for sure 

I cant remember where they said it would be based of the us might have been in a stream.  Also the map we have now isnt going to be the one in game they said that on a stream but the actual towns will still be the same.  The is a ski resort, a 'New York' style town and a quieter nice town prob with expensive house cant remember the name of the place they said it was based on but it was where they were going to move their offices to

16 minutes ago, Regnar said:

and where do you get this information from coz i have been looking all over the forums (im bored and eager to play this game) but i see no where it claims that ..neither have they told us much ...im starting to see a pathen of players making up things as they think it is not how it might be ... like the island everyone right now is thinking they will move to ...its concept art not ingame footage so the island might look completly different .... i hope the best for this game but honestly im starting to see that the devs gives WAY WAY to little information about what is going on and that makes me worry that 90% in the forums is some kid saying whatever to sound like a know it all coz thats what he thinks it will be, but no one knows for sure 

Just so you know, I am not some kid and am a Moderator on the forum. I also have been following this game since the start and the place I got that info was on twitter ages ago, with them answering someone else's question. Turtle Beach is based off around Miami (Turtle Beach), Rose port is of many different eastern US places like New York I am sure and Ash Hill is based off of the place in California that the devs originally was going to move their office too. Also the money thing is shown and been said many times on twitter about it will be realistic to the US dollar. Cars will be realistically to however much is in real life for Americans e.g. they did show on their trailer the car on the intranet in the game cost $32k or something. Also if $2k was a lot then they would not have done that as a reward. if it was that a bottle of water cost $10k in game then they would have made the pledge money higher than what it is now.

21 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Just so you know, I am not some kid and am a Moderator on the forum. I also have been following this game since the start and the place I got that info was on twitter ages ago, with them answering someone else's question. Turtle Beach is based off around Miami (Turtle Beach), Rose port is of many different eastern US places like New York I am sure and Ash Hill is based off of the place in California that the devs originally was going to move their office too. Also the money thing is shown and been said many times on twitter about it will be realistic to the US dollar. Cars will be realistically to however much is in real life for Americans e.g. they did show on their trailer the car on the intranet in the game cost $32k or something. Also if $2k was a lot then they would not have done that as a reward. if it was that a bottle of water cost $10k in game then they would have made the pledge money higher than what it is now.

didnt claim your a kid just talking about the pathen i have been seing ...first things first :-) ... i dont have twitter so cant say i have seen that but if it something they have there it should also bee something they put here so ppl can see it ... about the places you mentioned im not sure what it has to do with the info i got that the map we see is a concept art so it most likely is not showing us much ( again my info is from the forums here and i dont seem to find any places that confirm or disconfirm that) and last the money again it seems twitter is there main place to hand out information if that is the case im happy you atleast could share that information ...but again im hoping they will start sharing there information here on there own webpage so those who dont use twitter or dont follow them there also can see it .........oh and almost forgot just looked in the 2 videos and noon of them say a price for the car so not sure where you see this 

Edited by Regnar

5 minutes ago, Regnar said:

didnt claim your a kid just talking about the pathen i have been seing ...first things first :-) ... i dont have twitter so cant say i have seen that but if it something they have there it should also bee something they put here so ppl can see it ... about the places you mentioned im not sure what it has to do with the info i got that the map we see is a concept art so it most likely is not showing us much ( again my info is from the forums here and i dont seem to find any places that confirm or disconfirm that) and last the money again it seems twitter is there main place to hand out information if that is the case im happy you atleast could share that information ...but again im hoping they will start sharing there information here on there own webpage so those who dont use twitter or dont follow them there also can see it 

Yes you are right about the concept art map and that is not what it will likely look like; however the 3 cities are there and also a ski resort. Even if people use the concept art map as a thing to show what locations, they just mean "my thing will be in this place (city) etc.

Also about the twitter info: (This page shows latest tweets) http://www.identityrpg.com/devtracker/ You can go and scroll down and try find the answers but it might be a long process of looking. 

• Like 1

We have received a lot of information about the game, through QnA's, forum questions, twitter questions etc. so it has made it possible to create companies before launch. Now for prices, those are supposed to give you an idea about the value of their goods, they aren't necessarily permanent.

• Like 2

It's great because we can hire people or join other companies before the game starts. That way, companies can stay competitive. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 1:53 PM, Regnar said:

didnt claim your a kid just talking about the pathen i have been seing ...first things first :-) ... i dont have twitter so cant say i have seen that but if it something they have there it should also bee something they put here so ppl can see it ... about the places you mentioned im not sure what it has to do with the info i got that the map we see is a concept art so it most likely is not showing us much ( again my info is from the forums here and i dont seem to find any places that confirm or disconfirm that) and last the money again it seems twitter is there main place to hand out information if that is the case im happy you atleast could share that information ...but again im hoping they will start sharing there information here on there own webpage so those who dont use twitter or dont follow them there also can see it .........oh and almost forgot just looked in the 2 videos and noon of them say a price for the car so not sure where you see this 

You don't spend that much time on the forum as you claims. If you took a greater look, you would find out, that there's multiple threads with links to Q&A's and other videos with in-game footage. Even in-game pictures can be found here on the forum.