crowe864

Anarchy or a good sim???

Hi everyone,

Someone please help me out. I'm a police officer in the US. This game definitely has my interest but I have a question. Am I, someone whom knows laws, how not to violate someones rights, actually police procedure, and generally what law enforcement is going to be a patrolman under a 13 yo kid or a police academy washout? Or, are people whom actually do or have done the job gonna be in leadership roles to teach people and make sure this game gives a good representation of LE?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crowe864 said:

Hi everyone,

Someone please help me out. I'm a police officer in the US. This game definitely has my interest but I have a question. Am I, someone whom knows laws, how not to violate someones rights, actually police procedure, and generally what law enforcement is going to be a patrolman under a 13 yo kid or a police academy washout? Or, are people whom actually do or have done the job gonna be in leadership roles to teach people and make sure this game gives a good representation of LE?

That's the real question. Hopefully someone serious is in charge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crowe864 said:

Hi everyone,

There will be a "training" portion through Police Academy in-game that will act as a tutorial and teach you how to properly exercise good uses of your powers as a policeman.

As of who will be in-charge, I assume it will just be a vote via the Policemen as to who they want to be their Chief.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SupremeLeader said:

There will be a "training" portion through Police Academy in-game that will act as a tutorial and teach you how to properly exercise good uses of your powers as a policeman.

As of who will be in-charge, I assume it will just be a vote via the Policemen as to who they want to be their Chief.

Thank god. We wouldn't want another RDM bloodbath game on our hands, again. (dark rp)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 0:25 PM, SupremeLeader said:

I guess we'll see lol just like the real police, actually cops will hop from dept. to dept. looking for a chief who knows what the fuck they're doing haha. This also begs the question, who will train people. We can stop now, this will go on forever. I probably won't be satisfied unless someone with 10+ LE experience is training people or someone who instructed at a academy. Either that or cuzzing lots of people out online haha

@crowe864 - whilst I completely agree with everything you've aforementioned, we've got to bare in mind that this is a game. There will be younger players who wish to play as police officers which is fair enough; it's a video game. 

In terms of 'command structure' though, I'll openly admit that I'm against being under someone who isn't too educated on LE procedure, R&R's etc (this includes younger players as well as older ones). As far as I'm concerned, if younger players can learn how to do stuff to a good standard and fit in with everyone else then there's no real issue with them being a police officer. However, seeing them in a commanding role wouldn't do anyone any favours.

Changing the conversation a little here, what is the plan for the youngers? I've seen that there's no age limit on the police department meaning anyone can hop in and play however let's be real - is an 18+ year old going to stand there and listen to a 14/15 year old cop? Chances are that's not gonna happen. Obviously it would make sense for them to listen however people don't take time out of their day to listen to a squeaky kid over the internet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaccaUK said:

@crowe864 - whilst I completely agree with everything you've aforementioned, we've got to bare in mind that this is a game. There will be younger players who wish to play as police officers which is fair enough; it's a video game. 

In terms of 'command structure' though, I'll openly admit that I'm against being under someone who isn't too educated on LE procedure, R&R's etc (this includes younger players as well as older ones). As far as I'm concerned, if younger players can learn how to do stuff to a good standard and fit in with everyone else then there's no real issue with them being a police officer. However, seeing them in a commanding role wouldn't do anyone any favours.

Changing the conversation a little here, what is the plan for the youngers? I've seen that there's no age limit on the police department meaning anyone can hop in and play however let's be real - is an 18+ year old going to stand there and listen to a 14/15 year old cop? Chances are that's not gonna happen. Obviously it would make sense for them to listen however people don't take time out of their day to listen to a squeaky kid over the internet. 

Well i think there is a procedure, to go through to be a cop, hopefully that brings some actions, which a 13 year old would fail to do as good as an 18+ old. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ac66989 said:

Well i think there is a procedure, to go through to be a cop, hopefully that brings some actions, which a 13 year old would fail to do as good as an 18+ old. 

Agreed!

How does ones age apply to how good they could become as an police officer?

15 hours ago, ac66989 said:

Edited by YouKnowBro
My grammarz