Hi there!

I have an idea for building a store solely based on selling retro and new technology, (mainly phones, TVs, radios, computers and music players). I think the idea will be great because there are a lot of technological goods which we interact with in real life. Also, I'm including retro tech such as vinyl players and cassette decks as there might be retro fans out there in Identity, who would like the whole retroesque experience in the game. If possible Polaroid cameras and 30mm camcorders can also be up for sale, if Identity has created some software for the these goods to be used. 

If you are interested or you have an suggestions or comments, feel free to share!

I had this idea as well. I am just wondering how complex the creation of new objects will be. Will we have to design them from scratch in a 3D art creator tool? I love tech, but I'm still not so great with software like that.

• Like 1

I also wonder whether the players would have to create the content through a 3D modeling software (Blender, Tekla, etc.). Or will the developers produce it... only time will tell. But the idea of setting up a technology store seems awesome and cool for all!

So like... RadioShack?

as for creating them, I think you get interchangeable parts. Like you get different shaped frames, screens (flat or not), buttons, dials, optional rabbit ears, and other accessories. You scale parts and choose materials and maybe get some leniency in positioning things on the frame. That's just a guess of course.

On 2017-5-27 at 7:02 PM, LeonSchrader said:

Hi there!

I have an idea for building a store solely based on selling retro and new technology, (mainly phones, TVs, radios, computers and music players). I think the idea will be great because there are a lot of technological goods which we interact with in real life. Also, I'm including retro tech such as vinyl players and cassette decks as there might be retro fans out there in Identity, who would like the whole retroesque experience in the game. If possible Polaroid cameras and 30mm camcorders can also be up for sale, if Identity has created some software for the these goods to be used. 

If you are interested or you have an suggestions or comments, feel free to share!

There won't be such a shop selling technology that players can build etc. but they could make it happen by the time the game releases.

12 hours ago, GlaciusTS said:

So like... RadioShack?

as for creating them, I think you get interchangeable parts. Like you get different shaped frames, screens (flat or not), buttons, dials, optional rabbit ears, and other accessories. You scale parts and choose materials and maybe get some leniency in positioning things on the frame. That's just a guess of course.

Yes! Very similar to RadioShack. An electronic version of RadioShack will be cool. The stores in real life are closing soon which I think is very sad. 

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

There won't be such a shop selling technology that players can build etc. but they could make it happen by the time the game releases.

I think it depends when the developers choose to create it or if it is available in a later update after the release.