MrClark

Stuff Off Our Chests

Hello, I just made this as a fun topic for some stuff you would like to talk about and complain about in a way so people don't get mad about feel free to post what you want!

I don't like it when people complain about not getting info when the devs do Q and A's as well as have been giving us more Dev Blogs. Yes, we have been waiting a long time especially the Kick-starter backers.

Unless people are the Kick-starter backers then I do not see why people complain because they have not been waiting as long as those guys have been and really those who don't pledge before complaining can't really complain either because they have nothing to lose really; however they can complain if they have waited and actually put money in. 

No one understands these days that 2 years is not enough for a game in development and I believe it is a minimum of 3 years to expect a game like this and really that is how development is, delays over more delays which is a good thing for the game but can be annoying for the backers because they have helped out early on.

If the developers give us everything now about the game, what will there be to look forward to? I don't think there will be something we won't know about the game to look forward to after all and well also I want to look forward to trying everything out, but also not getting all that information now because I want to have hype when the game comes out. I however don't want to know everything about the game and so I have nothing to be excited for when playing the game.

This is however my opinion and always will be above and below is a fact which has been seen lately.

The more the community complains and asks for more content the more developers give in. The more the developers give in, is how much more the community members ask for more anyways. This is an endless cycle of "Give me more and I will be fine" but once the info has been given, the person asks for more again and won't stop. 

The more we get the more we want.

Communities make games fall apart but also can make games strive.

An example of a game falling apart partly by the community is "No Mans Sky": the "NMS" community pushed the developers to the brink which caused the game to not be completed like it was shown off as it would be, it was because the community pushed the devs to give a unfinished game. It also was caused by the publisher because they wanted the game out on a tight deadline, which happened to be that it didn't get finished by in which delayed the game. They still pushed it back too short of what the game needed with the community pushing for a game to be released and that pressure is hard to maintain after enough of it.

I just wan the game to release like you guys and I have been waiting a long time like a lot of the community has and I can say that I have seen the developers here improve with PR over the last 6 months more than anything even though they are still a very small team with people working more than 1 job at a time.

I hope everyone is happy when the module releases and the advice is if you are not happy with the little info we get then don't pledge until you are satisfied. Pledge if you understand we could get a big delay again but understand why and all the reason it is for a good reason but also if you want to help the devs out.

Thank you if you read my ramble and I hope everyone understands.

Cheerio and I hope I can answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Unless people are the Kick-starter backers then I do not see why people complain because they have not been waiting as long as those guys have been and really those who don't pledge before complaining can't really complain either because they have nothing to lose really; however they can complain if they have waited and actually put money in. 

So people aren't allowed to complain about waiting because other people have waited longer? That's like not being allowed to complain about losing your finger because some person lost his whole arm. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, n0livi0n said:

So people aren't allowed to complain about waiting because other people have waited longer? That's like not being allowed to complain about losing your finger because some person lost his whole arm. 

No, I am saying they can't really complain unless they have really pledged but also why should they complain if people who have waited much longer than them and they are being more patient than the ones who come late. Complaining don't/ won't make the game or info come quicker. I am saying don't pledge if you will just complain because of lack of info or delays.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't like it when people complain about not getting info when the devs do Q and A's as well as have been giving us more Dev Blogs. Yes, we have been waiting a long time especially the Kick-starter backers.

No one understands these days that 2 years is not enough for a game in development and I believe it is a minimum of 3 years to expect a game like this and really that is how development is, delays over more delays which is a good thing for the game but can be annoying for the backers because they have helped out early on.

If the developers give us everything now about the game, what will there be to look forward to? I don't think there will be something we won't know about the game to look forward to after all and well also I want to look forward to trying everything out, but also not getting all that information now because I want to have hype when the game comes out. I however don't want to know everything about the game and so I have nothing to be excited for when playing the game.

This is however my opinion and always will be above and below is a fact which has been seen lately.

The more the community complains and asks for more content the more developers give in. The more the developers give in, is how much more the community members ask for more anyways. This is an endless cycle of "Give me more and I will be fine" but once the info has been given, the person asks for more again and won't stop. 

An example of a game falling apart partly by the community is "No Mans Sky": the "NMS" community pushed the developers to the brink which caused the game to not be completed like it was shown off as it would be, it was because the community pushed the devs to give a unfinished game. It also was caused by the publisher because they wanted the game out on a tight deadline, which happened to be that it didn't get finished by in which delayed the game. They still pushed it back too short of what the game needed with the community pushing for a game to be released and that pressure is hard to maintain after enough of it.

I just wan the game to release like you guys and I have been waiting a long time like a lot of the community has and I can say that I have seen the developers here improve with PR over the last 6 months more than anything even though they are still a very small team with people working more than 1 job at a time.

I hope everyone is happy when the module releases and the advice is if you are not happy with the little info we get then don't pledge until you are satisfied. Pledge if you understand we could get a big delay again but understand why and all the reason it is for a good reason but also if you want to help the devs out.

When do you think its even going to release?

33 minutes ago, MrClark said:

When do you think its even going to release?

I have no clue and I can just really take a guess like everyone can, but there is no way to say it will be out when we think as a delay could come again. It generally is best to not think about it, as because you will get over excited and maybe will start asking the question or complain about it is taking too long.

5 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I have no clue and I can just really take a guess like everyone can, but there is no way to say it will be out when we think as a delay could come again. It generally is best to not think about it, as because you will get over excited and maybe will start asking the question or complain about it is taking too long.

there were two delays maybve even three if they delay again. i cant say anything but im just depending on them because my freinds say that i waste my money on stuff like this that never ever comes out i get trigerend sfds fkj\afjkab gkjbabgjajkghakjhgkahgjagjhafhgjgsaa f and yay that is how i feel about identityrpgs delay very trigered log iaahwkjhagkjhKJGHAKJHGLJKHAGLJAHGJLKAHGLJAHLJGHALKFJLAGLKJGJFD

• Like 2

I mean it is bs how they handle things, I have faith on them but it yea.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davi said:

I mean it is bs how they handle things, I have faith on them but it yea.

B.S. how? Development takes years and if you think they should handle things better why don't you offer to help out?
They have a discord, they have streams, they have devblogs, they have interviews, like what more do you want people?
The actual game? Because they've communicated quite clearly they don't want it to be a big mess, but a polished release, starting with the Town Square module. They are doing all they can theres nothing "B.S." about that. 

Can you code? Model? Then help out so they handle things "better".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kattycake said:

B.S. how? Development takes years and if you think they should handle things better why don't you offer to help out?
They have a discord, they have streams, they have devblogs, they have interviews, like what more do you want people?
The actual game? Because they've communicated quite clearly they don't want it to be a big mess, but a polished release, starting with the Town Square module. They are doing all they can theres nothing "B.S." about that. 

Can you code? Model? Then help out so they handle things "better".

What do you mean how? Communication to their supporters does not take fucken years. Grow up and stop sucking up to them. They have been offered help by many members yet they never take anyone even if the offer was for nothing in return. They have discord, but allow all members to argue and fight all the time, have streams that happen once a year, same with dev blogs always getting delayed, interviews are done ONLY when pushed by the community and never done because they want to. 

What they have communicated is things they want to do but never actually get towards doing such as frequent communication. I actually can code, not a game but programs yes. Model no. Can't help out when they don't want FREE help yet are understaffed.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Davi said:

What do you mean how? Communication to their supporters does not take fucken years. Grow up and stop sucking up to them. They have been offered help by many members yet they never take anyone even if the offer was for nothing in return. They have discord, but allow all members to argue and fight all the time, have streams that happen once a year, same with dev blogs always getting delayed, interviews are done ONLY when pushed by the community and never done because they want to. 

What they have communicated is things they want to do but never actually get towards doing such as frequent communication. I actually can code, not a game but programs yes. Model no. Can't help out when they don't want FREE help yet are understaffed.

Hey, you know they admitted they have poor PR ages ago and they have been improving, slowly but still improving. For one Motown the community Manager does not only have 1 Job to do but 3 Jobs. He is a producer, 3D Artist and Community Manager. He prioritises 3D modelling because it will get the game done faster. He also has not been getting paid since September 2016 which is because he said the funding could be used else where e.g. more assets and devs.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 8:59 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Don't fucking dare say this community is at fault at all. We have waited two fucking years and all we have is a few pictures. We gave these guys 250 fucking grand in two years. Where is that twitch channel they would work on and stream. They did it the first time today and played fucking PUBG. Sure it may take time but don't fucking dare insult this great community that has dealt with this shit

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Don't fucking dare say this community is at fault at all. We have waited two fucking years and all we have is a few pictures. We gave these guys 250 fucking grand in two years. Where is that twitch channel they would work on and stream. They did it the first time today and played fucking PUBG. Sure it may take time but don't fucking dare insult this great community that has dealt with this shit

Gotta agree with Alpha, we have been here for a very long time. I mean on stream he said they know they have been doing poorly and how us as a community appreciate anything we really see so hopefully they throw some stuff our way more often. 

@LuckyDuck Also Motown does get paid. Make sure you have your facts straight before trying to make a point. I also have nothing against them, I believe this game will be amazing and will come out, but like the majority of backers I believe some more communication between the devs and the community would only benefit everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davi said:

@LuckyDuck Also Motown does get paid. Make sure you have your facts straight before trying to make a point. I also have nothing against them, I believe this game will be amazing and will come out, but like the majority of backers I believe some more communication between the devs and the community would only benefit everyone.

Motown said that in September 2016 he ask John not to pay him until the first module is complete, this has been public knowledge for a while now and the reason he asked to not be paid is because he wants the money spent on other resources. I would not say it if I didn't get told it by Motown himself. So please, I know it is true but if you don't believe me then that is fine and it is your opinion.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I didn't say the community is at Fault, I simply said complaining causes games to go down hill. I also said that those who have been waiting since kickstarter which I meant those people who have waited more than 2 years. I said those people who come here to the community within the last months have complained more than the ones who have waited the longest. Do you see that ? 

People pledge to the game and then decide they want a refund, like why are you pledging if you don't like delays and little to no info on the game. Why they don't just wait to see more before pledging instead of pledge and ask for a refund. 

I have seen a similar game with their crowd funding page and it says this as I quote.

This is not a pre-order of items. You are pledging to support the development of a game and therefore acknowledge that you're not paying for items but donating for the development of a video game and getting digital and/or physical items as a thank you.

I know this for one don't count towards Identity because the first package is a pre-order however, it is pretty much the same. You are pledging with a donation to help support the development of this game and are receiving items as a thank you.

I am not saying that all of those asking for a refund is guilty of not having a good reason but some who pledge and then think "I want my money back because there has been a delay" typically annoy me because if you pledge you should know what you are getting into and if you don't know then don't pledge. Every time someone asks for a refund, that is time taken from development really. 

Ok, I strayed off the point there so here I will end this.

But remember I didn't say those waiting for 2 years don't have a reason to complain. I am saying those who join as late as this can't complain as they haven't exactly waited at all. 

When did you start following the project Alpha? 2 years ago? Well if so you have a good reason to complain about lack of info. I have a reason to complain too but I know that gets me know where and also could just delay the game more. I know as well that "Games" like this Take longer than 2 years and so as much as I hate to wait another year, I am prepared to do so for the better of the game.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Cheerio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Honestly $250,000 for a game this size ain't shit tbh

• Like 1