Sign in to follow this  
jabba_the_slut

illegal/legal weapons dealing

you can take this as a question or descusion, but will there be a way for players to produce and distribute illegal firearms? i have heard about that there is going to be plenty of weapons in identity and im curiouse as to weather some of theese guns will be outloawed and will have to be sourced illegaly from an arms dealer that knows his stuff. 

i mean we all know that theres gona be player owned buildings, but how will drug/illegal firearm distribution work? i would assume you would own a warehouse and would have to store the weapons there, and actually go out on the street to deal weapons. 

idk, post your views/ideas on how the illegal comododtie distribution mechanic should work

sorry for the terrible spelling, happy new year and GO IDENTITY!!!!!!!!!! 

I would love this. As a guy who likes mafia stuff, this is right up my lane. With storage of illegal weapons, you should be able to store them in your cars trunk, apartment or house, and like you said, warehouses. As yo how you would go about acquiring illegal weapons, beats me. They have said that you will not be able to pick up gear up off dead cops, as this would make people kill the cops for their gear, and ruin roleplay. So i wonder how or where these weapons will come form. 

yeah, thats the wall i ran into aswell.

who knows, you might hold the "recipie" and materials to make illegal weapons, so you head down to the abandoned factory and get to work. when you're done you head back, selling them to street thug or other gangs who need some firepower

That's an interesting idea, crafting illegal weapons, never thought of this but it will probably be very hard to craft these to make it so there is very limited amount of these in circulation. 

You can deal weapons but you have to know a guy who makes them or you can make them yourself. 

Dealing weapons would be a very profitable business id you know how to do it efficiently. This will be one of many things my crime family will take part in. 

• Like 2

Hello there,

This would be a nice idea if it's not something that you have to only put like 5 minutes of effort in. Otherwise there'd be no point for people to set their goals to make or deal weapons (be they legal or illegal).

I'd love for it to be like a sort of 'job/class' you'd have to specialize in for a while and have to continue to maintain in order to keep a decent skill in being able to create and or trade weapons.

Kind regards,
DJScias

That would be cool, having to get skills from say school or something to know how to craft those types of items. 

• Like 2

Fun recipes, acquired from mining and owning a factory with fun case molds, and ect.

Just build a few dozen pistols, put them in crates, have your friend drop them off on a boat for a price. And the smuggler takes them from there.

(I'm independent so youll find me only if you're lucky.) but I'd def be a builder/drug producer to make copious amounts of money. 

I'll be a factory with a friend I trust, and he will distribute them to another guy who will distribute it globally, as long as 3rd guy don't open his mouth to where my homie is, im clear which my buddy won't be followed or betray me. (gotta have boundries and rules set if you want a cut of gun/drug smuggling.

11 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Just build a few dozen pistols, put them in crates, have your friend drop them off on a boat for a price. And the smuggler takes them from there.

yup thats what i was saying. a team producing the weapons and then them being shipped of to a warehouse ready for distribution

Would be cool, but on the bad side, there will be many cops looking to rank up and make a name for themselves, and they will be hunting the smugglers with all their might. So watch out, and use the cover of night to help stealth. 

2 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

Would be cool, but on the bad side, there will be many cops looking to rank up and make a name for themselves, and they will be hunting the smugglers with all their might. So watch out, and use the cover of night to help stealth. 

headlights are for pussies. i'm driving in pitch black without so much as a torch.

THIS IS A GREAT PLAN WITH NO FLAWS >:) 

Edited by jabba_the_slut
  • Like 1

You should have a tow truck on speed dial :P

7 minutes ago, jabba_the_slut said:

headlights are for pussies. i'm driving in pitch black without so much as a torch.

THIS IS A GREAT PLAN WITH NO FLAWS >:) 

• Like 1

So I have this, not sure if you can make firearms. Probably some more common guns, but when it comes to rare and more lethal weapons they'll be a limited amount of them per server. Or so I assume.

41 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Then i wonder how well acquire illegal guns because they said you can't steal dead cops gear. 

You find people like me that don't want to kill and want to build the best of all illegal weaponry, I'll sell you a gold plated magnum if you get me gold and pay 16,000 IGC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

Then i wonder how well acquire illegal guns because they said you can't steal dead cops gear. 

There will be gun shops. And you can rob them if you don't feel like paying. B| There's also the chance that any player you kill might have a gun on him. Definitely hunters will have their own rifles.

20 minutes ago, Vix said:

There will be gun shops. And you can rob them if you don't feel like paying. B| There's also the chance that any player you kill might have a gun on him. Definitely hunters will have their own rifles.

I hear guns are gonna be more difficult to get as players are probably going to be manufacturing them... So robbing a arms store might just be one of the stupider things to attempt.

Just now, NutterButter said:

I hear guns are gonna be more difficult to get as players are probably going to be manufacturing them... So robbing a arms store might just be one of the stupider things to attempt.

Probably yeah, but it's still a possibility :D

Don't get me wrong, run in, fuck up the Clerk, grab a ak47 and jump back in your stolen car and head to the safe house. Lol. I wonder if guns are gonna be always visible or if I can have like a coat on and conceal my gat, and hey- that should def be part of the legal system- the ability to carry a concealed weapon, or have to get a paper that says you can- if you talk to cops. Makes a real need for a wallet as I want there to be a driver's license, and I think everyone should start the game with a green card lol which would serve as a id until you get license. :I then you need a credit card and a gun permit and maybe like a discount card you can recieve from store owners because you buy their products a lot and keep them in business :o

LOOK ITS NOT UP TOO US TO DECIDE WHERE ITS LEGAL/ILLEGAL ITS ALL ON THE GOVERMENT HANDS OR SERVER OWNERS THEY DECIDE WICH IS LEGAL OR NOT. 

Going more on what Nutterbutter was talking about, you should be able to make modifications to your weapons such as: chopping off barrels, chopping off the stocks, etc. This would make concealing weapons much more realistic than the "GTA: AK47 and rocketlauncher in the butt" method of hiding weapons in games. 

Weapon modding would go hand in hand with a gunsmith skill. If your skill is not high enough you might end up breaking your gun or just making a terrible cut so it looks worse.

Looking to join a gang? Im looking for members for my gang, Grape Street Crips. Join us and we can make ourselves known to Identity by making loads of money illegally and also by doing other crimes. We wont take shit from no one so if you do decide to join you better be loyal and do anything for the gang. https://discord.gg/kDyp9tS

Edited by Short