Sign in to follow this  
donmartini112

news channels

I know that recording film won't be in the game, but they've already confirmed that there will be non-recording surveillance cameras and, of course, rear-view mirrors.

My point is, would it be possible to have non-recording cameras that directly broadcast the footage to the TV? You could have a camera in the studio filming a news-anchor, several cameras in town, at event's, crime scenes and interviews (official police statements, governors, business owners), races and have them broadcast to the control room, like security cameras, who then switch between them in regards to which camera broadcasts to the TV at that very moment. That way the server doesn't have to store footage. As for broadcasting when they have nothing to broadcast as well as when cameras aren't ready, they can have screens that say: "We'll be back in 5 minutes" or "Interview with the mayor at 5 pm". You could even have a debate of candidates for governor.

Of course you don't want 20 news vans pulling up and hundreds of cameramen running around. In terms of news gathering, you could limit it to one organization that's more like Reuters rather than CNN. In terms of talk shows and political commentary, you can have as many studios as you want, like CNN and FOX News. Since they also want to implement karaoke, you could even have talent shows.

8 hours ago, donmartini112 said:

I know that recording film won't be in the game, but they've already confirmed that there will be non-recording surveillance cameras and, of course, rear-view mirrors.

My point is, would it be possible to have non-recording cameras that directly broadcast the footage to the TV? You could have a camera in the studio filming a news-anchor, several cameras in town, at event's, crime scenes and interviews (official police statements, governors, business owners), races and have them broadcast to the control room, like security cameras, who then switch between them in regards to which camera broadcasts to the TV at that very moment. That way the server doesn't have to store footage. As for broadcasting when they have nothing to broadcast as well as when cameras aren't ready, they can have screens that say: "We'll be back in 5 minutes" or "Interview with the mayor at 5 pm". You could even have a debate of candidates for governor.

Of course you don't want 20 news vans pulling up and hundreds of cameramen running around. In terms of news gathering, you could limit it to one organization that's more like Reuters rather than CNN. In terms of talk shows and political commentary, you can have as many studios as you want, like CNN and FOX News. Since they also want to implement karaoke, you could even have talent shows.

As it has been said before, there won't be ANY camera objects like that and so no there won't be such a job. It will have the same effects on the servers with those objects.

8 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

As it has been said before, there won't be ANY camera objects like that and so no there won't be such a job. It will have the same effects on the servers with those objects.

No it won't. The reason why they don't put in cameras is because they can't record footage. They already said they will have non-recording surveillance cameras, so non recording cameras is possible. I know they said there won't be any cameras in the game, for the reason i just told you. I'm just expressing my idea. I'm not saying they will put it in based on this and that this suggestion will even reach them, but they've already shown it is possible, because they said they'd put in security cameras. Why would non-recording security cameras work, but not non-recording TV cameras?

6 hours ago, donmartini112 said:

No it won't. The reason why they don't put in cameras is because they can't record footage. They already said they will have non-recording surveillance cameras, so non recording cameras is possible. I know they said there won't be any cameras in the game, for the reason i just told you. I'm just expressing my idea. I'm not saying they will put it in based on this and that this suggestion will even reach them, but they've already shown it is possible, because they said they'd put in security cameras. Why would non-recording security cameras work, but not non-recording TV cameras?

Ok, but another reason why they won't add them cameras in is so people can abuse it and it is something which will be abused. I really want cameras however they are done to be in-game but there is no point if people will abuse them, unless you can figure a way to stop people abusing it then it won't work but I generally like the idea.