Sign in to follow this  
donmartini112

In regards to police ranks and structure

Question: when will you release information about police structure ranks hierarchy? here is some ideas, which seem to be in line with, or at least not contradict, what has already been confirmed.

Non-Executive Employee
dispatch, administrative, taking statements, interviewing witnesses, requests for information, parking tickets, prisoner transport, frisking, processing detainees/suspects/convicts, surveillance cameras

Probationary/Special/Junior/Assistant Officer
assisting officers, surveillance, handling low-risk incidents, community relations, crime prevention, providing emergency aid to victims and witnesses, traffic control, traffic citations, carries no lethal weapons

Officer
first responder, handling medium-risk incidents, carries lethal weapons

Corporal
officer in charge, watch-commander, acting sergeant

Detective
    crime investigation, can drive unmarked police vehicles/wear suit with badge pin instead of uniform for covert (not undercover) purposes, leading immediate investigation (non-case building)

SWAT
    riot control, handling high-risk incidents/arrests/raids

Security Agent
    bodyguards/chauffeurs governor/mayor/high level government personnel, drive unmarked black vehicles, wear suit with badge pin

Sergeant
supervising: watch shift in smaller (rural/suburban) precincts, individual squat in larger (main/urban) departments

Sgt. Det.
    supervising detective squat, leading small cases (eg. single murder)

SWAT Sgt.
    commands squad

Special Security Agent
    in charge of special security team    

Lieutenant
directing: small (rural/suburban) precinct, watch shift in larger (main/urban) departments

Lt. Det.
    directing division/desk (eg. traffic, narcotics, homicide), leads largest cases of that desk (eg. smuggle rings/ops., serial killers)

SWAT Lt.
    directs entire on-scene team during operations

Operational Security Director
    in charge of (single) security operation, mayor's chief of security

Captain
commanding: large (main/urban) departments

Capt. Det.
    commands detective department, leads large cases that involve just about every type of crime (eg. large crime syndicates/bosses)

SWAT Capt.
    commands swat department, supervises all ongoing operations

Chief Security Director
    in charge of security service, governor's chief of security

Deputy Chief/Deputy Commissioner
supervising: district/city police (all precincts/departments in a district/city)

Assistant Chief/Assistant Commissioner
assisting the chief of police, acting/vice chief

Chief of Police/Commissioner
in charge of island police

11 hours ago, donmartini112 said:

Detective
    crime investigation, can drive unmarked police vehicles/wear suit with badge pin instead of uniform for covert (not undercover) purposes, leading immediate investigation (non-case building)

No unmarked Vehicles.

7 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No unmarked Vehicles.

I know, sad isn't it? Imagine you're a detective and you're following a suspect for investigation. They're just driving, not really paying that much attention and..."oh, hey it's the police". Or you're standing outside a suspect's house, watching for activity and..."oh, hey, it's the police". I hope they will consider this at some point. I agree that police officers shouldn't drive unmarked vehicles, but for the detectives it seem pretty necessary. How can you conduct an investigation, other than the crime scene, when you stick out like a sore ..."oh, hey it's the police". Maybe I'm missing something. They probably have thought this through more than i have, or at at least i hope so.

They don't want the whole thing to be as secretive. The crimes will be visible and the cops will be as well. The whole idea is that making everything so secret is actually a lot harder in a game then in the real world. How to avoid abuse and unfair gameplay the whole thing becomes a lot more complex for no reason. The point is to keep the game fun. Plus there won't be as long as quests as in real life as people will just stop showing up and then what? restart the whole process. The point is to make it fun so things can be done then and there.

1 hour ago, gabzo said:

They don't want the whole thing to be as secretive. The crimes will be visible and the cops will be as well. The whole idea is that making everything so secret is actually a lot harder in a game then in the real world. How to avoid abuse and unfair gameplay the whole thing becomes a lot more complex for no reason. The point is to keep the game fun. Plus there won't be as long as quests as in real life as people will just stop showing up and then what? restart the whole process. The point is to make it fun so things can be done then and there.

Sorry what are you talking about? Do you mean by 'then and there' that there's just on-scene crime investigation? That would be a shame. it'd be more fun to actually investigate suspects rather that just collect the evidence from the scene. It might be had to make it very secretive, but that's not my point. They don't need to be unnoticeable an indistinguishable. They just need to to not too obvious, because, first of all, they are not patrol cops and so they don't deal with the public, and second, they blend in better and don't stand out so that they can observe better without being noticed too easy. My goal is not for them to be invisible and it is not necessary for them to be secretive at all, just don't pain giant letters of the side when they don't need public visibility and it will just hamper their investigation when they feel the need to be somewhat inconspicuous at their own discretion. But you're right that if there;s just collecting evidence and arresting people, there's no point for this.

4 hours ago, donmartini112 said:

Sorry what are you talking about? Do you mean by 'then and there' that there's just on-scene crime investigation? That would be a shame. it'd be more fun to actually investigate suspects rather that just collect the evidence from the scene. It might be had to make it very secretive, but that's not my point. They don't need to be unnoticeable an indistinguishable. They just need to to not too obvious, because, first of all, they are not patrol cops and so they don't deal with the public, and second, they blend in better and don't stand out so that they can observe better without being noticed too easy. My goal is not for them to be invisible and it is not necessary for them to be secretive at all, just don't pain giant letters of the side when they don't need public visibility and it will just hamper their investigation when they feel the need to be somewhat inconspicuous at their own discretion. But you're right that if there;s just collecting evidence and arresting people, there's no point for this.

The reason for all officers and cars are marked is so there is a distinctive look and so it is easy to know who is who. They don't want people to have to look and watch for people being under cover because it takes some fun away and gives less for it.

On 5/22/2017 at 3:48 PM, donmartini112 said:

My point is things need to be done then and there. You can't have long investigations as this is a game not real life. People aren't obliged to play and are not always on at the same time. It's going to be a lot more live action rather than investigative. You have to realize the limits of a game. You can't have everything be like in real life. It just can't work that way

There are tons of Q & A's about government and structure. I recommend TheDynasty. But if you are looking for a smaller more local youtuber go to mine -> Identity Videos For You