mezdoo

Wild west online

Think a lower tiered Red Dead Redemption for PC. No single player and only multiplayer.

Honestly, I'd rather wait for the Rockstar wild west experience coming out this year (Red Dead Redemption 2)

It's a good idea and all, but honestly I don't think any "Wild West" game belongs in the world if it doesn't have a thoroughly amazing story line, much like the original Red Dead Redemption!

Thanks for the share though, might check it out later after I finally get over how amazing Red Dead 2 is!

57 minutes ago, Capped said:

Honestly, I'd rather wait for the Rockstar wild west experience coming out this year (Red Dead Redemption 2)

It's a good idea and all, but honestly I don't think any "Wild West" game belongs in the world if it doesn't have a thoroughly amazing story line, much like the original Red Dead Redemption!

Thanks for the share though, might check it out later after I finally get over how amazing Red Dead 2 is!

I'd rather have 100 player servers riding around with a group of 15 people shooting up the beautiful landscape. I want RDR2 insanely bad but WWO is the best we can get on PC

7 hours ago, Capped said:

Im also waiting for RDR2, but i don't think it will be released on pc anytime soon; And i think red dead's multiplayer won't be the same as WWO.

6 hours ago, LylePyle said:

I'd rather have 100 player servers riding around with a group of 15 people shooting up the beautiful landscape. I want RDR2 insanely bad but WWO is the best we can get on PC

I have heard that WWO's server have over 200 players in each so that's really nice.

• Like 2

finished rdr and i'm sure that wwo will have more available gameplay. tbh "un eseecito di cinque uomini" has the best story. anything in rdr's story is like chewing food someone chewed before. there is a gang guy that gets threaten by the "bad" government. he has to kill his friends or his family dies. at the end he gets shot and his son kills the "bad" government guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

finished rdr and i'm sure that wwo will have more available gameplay. tbh "un eseecito di cinque uomini" has the best story. anything in rdr's story is like chewing food someone chewed before. there is a gang guy that gets threaten by the "bad" government. he has to kill his friends or his family dies. at the end he gets shot and his son kills the "bad" government guy.

yeah sounds really fun, never played RDR since i have consol, but im really excited to try WWO since it has RP and such and its an west game <3

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mezdoo said:

yeah sounds really fun, never played RDR since i have consol, but im really excited to try WWO since it has RP and such and its an west game <3

Read Dead is only on console... Did u mean since you have PC?

6 hours ago, Capped said:

Read Dead is only on console... Did u mean since you have PC?

yeah sorry.

I can't find anything this company has done before. Their FAQ doesn't exist. It looks like they just ripped some screenshots from RDR

Edited by uncannierlink

1 hour ago, uncannierlink said:

I can't find anything this company has done before. Their FAQ doesn't exist. It looks like they just ripped some screenshots from RDR

They just announced the game. Everybody thought it was RDR2 when in fact it was this game. They have no priors but this game is shaping to be an amazing game. 

IMG_2875.thumb.PNG.a771a577989b8b2520922

IMG_2874.thumb.PNG.6c9d2a1718ca59df882ca

IMG_2873.thumb.PNG.5f95d95c15aa7c0d56b9a

IMG_2872.thumb.PNG.9ed3d7862bdb81ae44d53

IMG_2871.thumb.PNG.dea3e687c75bbdc84b7c3

Im absolutely excited about this game. They've apparently made a lot of progress with the game and are still working on it.

• Like 1

I just learned this. But apparently their backers were so shocked that the company is able to skip the kickstarter. They're going straight into development.

10 hours ago, LylePyle said:

I just learned this. But apparently their backers were so shocked that the company is able to skip the kickstarter. They're going straight into development.

Yeah and the good thing is they are not going for early acces crap, Alpha closed beta, beta, release

10 hours ago, mezdoo said:

Yeah and the good thing is they are not going for early acces crap, Alpha closed beta, beta, release

And with RDR2 being delayed it should be able to thrive

12 minutes ago, Ettapowers said:

Yeah!! Its available only on console.

Red Dead 2 is only on console. Not WWO

Wild West Online looks fantastic, but everyone should be warned that some VERY questionable things are happening surrounding that game. It seemingly involves Sergey Titov, and if you already know that name, chances are your opinion of WWO just took a serious nose dive. If you aren't familiar, just google Sergey Titov, Free Reign Entertainment, and/ or a game from 2012 called "The War Z." It was quite honestly the ugliest mess I've seen in gaming. This guy is a slug and any game he's involved with WILL be terrible, 100% guaranteed.

The developers are using Sergey Titov's terrible "Nightshade" engine to make the game, which they admitted only after feeling a ton of pressure from the newborn WWO community. But there are so many other parallels that need to be looked at. Early on, forum posts and threads were getting locked and deleted if they made mention of Sergey Titov, Free Reign, or the Nightshade engine. They claimed to stop this practice, but I know of at least three other threads that mysteriously went missing after their community managers promised to stop doing that. Forcibly silencing critics and wiping out any evidence of the community raising questions? That's a Sergey Titov trademark.

And then there's the game itself. Sure, they might be using Free Reign's engine, but did they also hire the exact same web designer? Why are their website and their forums EXACTLY identical to the old War Z site? Even their purchase page, with its three tiers of purchase for the game, looks literally identical to the old War Z purchase page, only cowboy themed rather than being zombie themed.

I would love a western-themed MMO on PC, but seriously gang, approach Wild West Online with caution. The devs claim Sergey Titov isn't involved, but this guy is a slimy, lying cheat, and these coincidences are piling up frankly too fast to dismiss.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about that game. I'm just saying we should all approach it VERY carefully and go into it fully aware that this could very well be another Titov scam. Buyer's beware... you've been warned.

37 minutes ago, Mattrock607 said:

Wild West Online looks fantastic, but everyone should be warned that some VERY questionable things are happening surrounding that game. It seemingly involves Sergey Titov, and if you already know that name, chances are your opinion of WWO just took a serious nose dive. If you aren't familiar, just google Sergey Titov, Free Reign Entertainment, and/ or a game from 2012 called "The War Z." It was quite honestly the ugliest mess I've seen in gaming. This guy is a slug and any game he's involved with WILL be terrible, 100% guaranteed.

The developers are using Sergey Titov's terrible "Nightshade" engine to make the game, which they admitted only after feeling a ton of pressure from the newborn WWO community. But there are so many other parallels that need to be looked at. Early on, forum posts and threads were getting locked and deleted if they made mention of Sergey Titov, Free Reign, or the Nightshade engine. They claimed to stop this practice, but I know of at least three other threads that mysteriously went missing after their community managers promised to stop doing that. Forcibly silencing critics and wiping out any evidence of the community raising questions? That's a Sergey Titov trademark.

And then there's the game itself. Sure, they might be using Free Reign's engine, but did they also hire the exact same web designer? Why are their website and their forums EXACTLY identical to the old War Z site? Even their purchase page, with its three tiers of purchase for the game, looks literally identical to the old War Z purchase page, only cowboy themed rather than being zombie themed.

I would love a western-themed MMO on PC, but seriously gang, approach Wild West Online with caution. The devs claim Sergey Titov isn't involved, but this guy is a slimy, lying cheat, and these coincidences are piling up frankly too fast to dismiss.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about that game. I'm just saying we should all approach it VERY carefully and go into it fully aware that this could very well be another Titov scam. Buyer's beware... you've been warned.

612 Games have made a statement on their website confirming they have absolutely no connection with him. While they do use the Nightshade engine they have no support from him and they don't plan on it

I've seen that same comment, but we've seen this sort of stuff from Titov in the past. Would anyone really put it past Titov to lie about his involvement in this game? So many similarities -- using the same exact website and forum layout, the purchase tiers being exactly the same and having the same aesthetics on the site, the forum thread deletions... it doesn't bode well.

I'm hoping the game will be good, and I'll buy it if the game launches and people say it's fun, but they won't get my pre-order money. I don't trust them and I have more reason to assume Titov is behind the game than not. Somewhere between "Infestation" and "Aftermath" I decided to no longer question Titov's involvement when the evidence is stacking up negatively. Titov will never get another cent of my money and I won't be involved in a game that even seems remotely like he might be involved.

On 20/05/2017 at 3:43 AM, Capped said:

(...)

Personally, considering what Take-Two has done recently, I do not intend to buy it, nor anything that comes out of this company.