Sign in to follow this  
BNR32FAN

Legally binding contracts in game

It would be nice if we could draw up a legal contract for agreements made by people in game. Like for example for services rendered or purchases with payment plans etc. That way we could take them to court if the don't pay up. Just an idea. 

• Like 5

This would indeed be nice and i would love to see it. This ensures people keep trust in one another. Failing to do the service might force the government to make you pay up or compensate. And if they decide to log off and never come back then maybe automatically transfer it from their accounts. Then again that takes away the roleplay.

1 hour ago, Arcanion said:

This would indeed be nice and i would love to see it. This ensures people keep trust in one another. Failing to do the service might force the government to make you pay up or compensate. And if they decide to log off and never come back then maybe automatically transfer it from their accounts. Then again that takes away the roleplay.

It doesn't take away from roleplay. It just makes it so you can prove an agreement actually happened to exact terms. 

Instead of just going by "he said, she said" in a courtroom, you actually have some hard evidence that exactly defines the terms of an agreement.

• Like 1

Old cow of a thread, but seeing I was thinking about this as well recently. I don't see too many replies on the matter. So does anyone if there will be such a thing in-game, eventually? I'd really like to know.

It would be rather handy in court indeed. In another thread (another bodyguards thread) I've warned some people about the risk of clients not paying you, or your boss not paying you out in unofficial jobs. A contract could help with this in a court of law. In any case it would reduce the time it takes to conclude the matter. =D