Tymberlejk

PvP Rules / Passive mode

From my last topic, Peaceful world, i realized that it was a stupid idea. So i thinked of a new plan.

PvP Rules.

In options in menu you can set if you want to can kill or be killed. And i think of passive mode too. The difference is that in PvP you can set if other players can kill you. In passive mode you can't die at all. So i hope it is a good idea now :). Oh! And say in comments how police could catch you! Leave a like :)!

• Like 1

Still no. Other people would have to know if you're in passive or not. Imagine a mugger coming up to you with a gun in an empty street and he's all like "Give me all your money or I'll kill you!" and you just... walk off because you're in passive? He shoots you and nothing happens, just wasted bullets?

What about bank robberies? Criminals wouldn't be able to take "passived" people hostage because they'd be immortal. Or everyone could just go into Settings, change into passive and walk out like nothing happened. Death and injuries give the game realism and they make a lot of scenarios exciting, scary and enjoyable.

What they're doing are "safe zones".

Maybe in a private server's settings you could make the whole game non-lethal, but official servers won't be god-moded.

• Like 2

And you think that's a good idea? That would ruin the roleplay? You could bait and taunt people and then just decide to go passive before they kill you, That you could be abused in a million diffrent ways. Very bad idea -1

3 minutes ago, LopeZ said:

And you think that's a good idea? That would ruin the roleplay? You could bait and taunt people and then just decide to go passive before they kill you, That you could be abused in a million diffrent ways. Very bad idea -1

Yay Jake the Dog! :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vix said:

Still no. Other people would have to know if you're in passive or not. Imagine a mugger coming up to you with a gun in an empty street and he's all like "Give me all your money or I'll kill you!" and you just... walk off because you're in passive? He shoots you and nothing happens, just wasted bullets?

What about bank robberies? Criminals wouldn't be able to take "passived" people hostage because they'd be immortal. Or everyone could just go into Settings, change into passive and walk out like nothing happened. Death and injuries give the game realism and they make a lot of scenarios exciting, scary and enjoyable.

Maybe in a private server's settings you could make the whole game non-lethal, but official servers won't be god-moded.

Not to mention the bank robbers going passive to escape.

Passsive mode is good for gta, because killing is 50% of all you can do. Identity is an RP sim. Passive would ruin the game and this wont be in the game, but there will be safe zones. Town Square is a safe zone where you cant kill. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevinLangston said:

Passsive mode is good for gta, because killing is 50% of all you can do. Identity is an RP sim. Passive would ruin the game and this wont be in the game, but there will be safe zones. Town Square is a safe zone where you cant kill. 

At least...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vix said:

Well, it's in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod and they have a word "Passive" on their heads... if they are in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tymberlejk said:

Then I think that peaceful world should have NO robberies and NO dirty job.

Is that fine?

No, that's what like 80% of community is looking up for o: What would cops do?

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

No, that's what like 80% of community is looking up for o: What would cops do?

Paper work..?? :3

• Like 1

@Tymberlejk how about i come to your house and shoot you? i think you won't be able to avoid death via passive mode, would you? same in identity. it's a ROLEPLAY game. that means the sims as dynamic non strategy game with death

Edited by Shimozukachi

5 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Tymberlejk how about i come to your house and shoot you? i think you won't be able to avoid death via passive mode, would you? same in identity. it's a ROLEPLAY game. that means the sims as dynamic non strategy game with death

Just now, Vix said:

Doesn't this just mean I can run straight into a house and not get killed, or will there be a timer before entering a house to prevent this?

5 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Vix le what?

You can't enter someone's house without their permission, so you can't come into his house and shoot him.

6 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Doesn't this just mean I can run straight into a house and not get killed, or will there be a timer before entering a house to prevent this?

You're safe when you're in your house, even cops can't access it without your permission (at least at this point).

But you also can't hide in your apartment/house when you're wanted.

Just now, Vix said:

You can't enter someone's house without their permission, so you can't come into his house and shoot him.

You're safe when you're in your house, even cops can't access it without your permission (at least at this point).

But you also can't hide in your apartment/house when you're wanted.

Yes but in a pvp situation where someone is chasing me with a knife, couldn't I just run into my house and he'd be locked out? or will there be a timer for me to enter my house. Kind of like PVP Logging but running into your house instead of logging out to avoid pvp

@Vix i've meant the passive mode example. the house was a random location. who said wouldn't let a heavily armed human enter his house?

7 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Yes but in a pvp situation where someone is chasing me with a knife, couldn't I just run into my house and he'd be locked out? or will there be a timer for me to enter my house. Kind of like PVP Logging but running into your house instead of logging out to avoid pvp

No answer to that tbh, don't think there's a tweet about it. ^u^

8 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Vix i've meant the passive mode example. the house was a random location. who said wouldn't let a heavily armed human enter his house?

It's highly unlikely he would... Seems a bit paranoid. <.< >.>

• Like 1

On 1/13/2016 at 5:21 PM, Tymberlejk said:

Well, it's in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod and they have a word "Passive" on their heads... if they are in it.

You dont get the point, It will ruin the RP out of the game which is meant for RP as its a IRL simulator and well in real life can you go "im in passive mode, so you can't kill /harm me. The answer is a No, you can't.

On 22.02.2016 at 10:04 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

You dont get the point, It will ruin the RP out of the game which is meant for RP as its a IRL simulator and well in real life can you go "im in passive mode, so you can't kill /harm me. The answer is a No, you can't.

I understand...

On 1/13/2016 at 5:02 PM, Xentinel said:

I think that's fine actually. If someone in real life is chasing you with a knife and run into your house and lock your door and windows, they most likely won't be able to get in. Honestly if I were in that situation I wouldn't log out I'd just call the cops.

• Like 2

I maked a big mess in Ideas and Suggestions... I've got only one thing to say:

If everyone would do crime, there would be nothing to rob.

Think about it.

Edited by Tymberlejk
LIKE!!
  • Like 1