Occhioverde

Can Identity work on my PC?

Question

Good morning.
I have read that it is not yet possible to provide the minimum system requirements.
My question is: do you think, in spite of everything, Identity can work on a computer with these features? Here's the list:
- Processor: AMD Quad-Core Processor A8-7410 (With Power Over 2.5GHz)
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- RAM Memory: 8GB DDR3 L Memory

Thanks in advance for the help and excuse for my English...

Edited by Occhioverde

11 answers to this question

Your specs are for browsing the internet pretty much, definitely not intended for gaming. You can buy it but you will almost certainly lag even on the lowest settings. It's ultimately up to you if you want to purchase it or not. 

• Like 1

Specifications aren't confirmed yet so there isn't any actual evidence that you may not be able to run it, although Identity seems to be an ambitious game so you may need higher specifications. Plenty of time till the full release anyways.

1 hour ago, Occhioverde said:

Good morning.
I have read that it is not yet possible to provide the minimum system requirements.
My question is: do you think, in spite of everything, Identity can work on a computer with these features? Here's the list:

I don't even think you could run the game on the lowest settings smoothly. Your processor and graphics card are both very weak and not intended for gaming use.

Ah OK.
Do you then advise me to avoid purchasing completely or to wait for the minimum system requirements to be published?

13 hours ago, Whitefeather said:

Your specs are for browsing the internet pretty much, definitely not intended for gaming. You can buy it but you will almost certainly lag even on the lowest settings. It's ultimately up to you if you want to purchase it or not. 

Thank you very much for helping. I'll think about it.

17 hours ago, Occhioverde said:

Good morning.

Can you run games like GTA V, ArmA 3 or ARK? if not you should consider upgrading but I believe would be best to wait until the specs actually get announced but it is however your choice.

Alot of what specs you will need really depends on how you want Identity to look. The gaming industry really needs to go over the spec system they have now. You got different specs for 1080p, 1440p, 2160p and they all should have 3 levels each...1080p low settings specs, 1080p recommended settings specs 1080p optimal settings specs. The same for 1440p and 2160p low, recommended, and optimal. I play games in 4k I don't want console graphics on a $1000 pc. But that's just me everyone has their preference,  But my specs are gonna be leaps and bounds different from someone who wants the lower end of the spectrum. 

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

I can tell you alot more than I could 6 months ago, when I got my rig. But that statement "if you can run Gta, arma 3, or Ark, you can run Idenrity" Is SO not true...atleast not in every case. I cannot run Ark in 4k in Epic unless I have Razer Cortex running. I was at around 17fps BLAGH! After razer cortex mid 30-50's. Optimising has alot to do with how well games play on different components.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

7 hours ago, Doc_Rogers said:

I have a GTX 760 or 770 I cant remember. Will it run on that?

Like I said it all depends on how you want it to look. If you want the best possible quality picture, highest definition, then HELL NO that won't do. If your playing console quality graphics, then...maybe...? Although I dont grasp why people would spend $1000 for a PC that plays as well as consoles but, to each his own. I have a gtx 1080sc I play everything in 4k, my monitor is only 60Hz, so I don't need anything higher than 60 fps, but 8 million pixels is alot of picture to refresh 60 times a second. Personally I highly doubt it would look good with a gpu like that, but some people just need to play, and don't care either way how it looks.

8 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I can tell you alot more than I could 6 months ago, when I got my rig. But that statement "if you can run Gta, arma 3, or Ark, you can run Idenrity" Is SO not true...atleast not in every case. I cannot run Ark in 4k in Epic unless I have Razer Cortex running. I was at around 17fps BLAGH! After razer cortex mid 30-50's. Optimising has alot to do with how well games play on different components.

You can run ark with your specs, it is a true statement and was never to say in 4k but it is more to be a requirement and not a top end deal for the game.

Well when someone asks if they can run Ark, it doesn't always mean in the lowest possible settings, When I ask it, and other people who play in 4k, ask it. That is what it means. Why do I need specs for low end PC if I'm high end gaming? If you know me, or are familiar with me. I've said I play 4k alot.

So that statement is not true for people like me. Just cause most people are still using 1080p doesn't mean that's the specs everyone always wants info for. You can't say that statement is true if it's only for the lowest settings specs being used today, just cause that's still what most have. If you really want to answer that question, honestly you need to know how they want the game to look. If the question was...if I want Identity to run in low to med settings would these specs run it, then that statment would be true...But for me, it isn't true.

Because I don't play in 1080p anymore. Which is also why I said spec recommendations need to be updated to encompass the resolution your goin for with what settings. I didn't save up and get a good PC for low end recommendations... If specs weren't like it's console and there's only one swt up being played...I might've saved up a lil longer, and gotten 2 1080ti instead of having the set up I do now, if I knew my set up couldn't truly push 4k @ 60fps on almost every game, if not every game. I figured since everyone was saying my planned set up to play identity was overkill, I figured I was well off...

But no everyone assumes you play pc for 1080p console quality graphics on games, as long as you can still call yourself a pc gamer. But if I, or anyone else actually wants the most from their PC, and wants to play games in 4k my set up will not push identity they way I want it...Not the way "most others" that can't afford it yet or think 4k isnt an improvement somehow. For US that statment is not true. How did PC gaming become assuming everyone plays the same way...Isn't that why you PC game so much choice, so many more options than consoles...

This is also the problem with mixing kids and adults with anonymity, because you guys start talking and you really don't have the experience you think you guys do...I was a kid once too, im not anymore, I'm still learning stuff everday. Oh everyone cant afford to spend blah blah blah...Well pay attention in school, get a jobby job and save up...when your my age you will be able to afford more than when you were 15-28. This is not an insult. It is not an insult to be young and not have experience. It's a fact of life...I don't need anyone busting my balls about showboating, or insulting anyone youth...there is a reason people say..."If I knew then, what i know now". 

It would be just as niave of me to assume everyone can afford 4k...I just know the current spec recommendation system needs revamping. You got low, med, high settings for each of the 3 major resolutions. There aren't any 8k out there yet, but eventually that will need to be included in PC specs as well...Guessing maybe 5-7 years from now 8k will be more accessible to the general public.