My idea for this game is to implement some realistic gang programming. Where you can throw up gang signs (Maybe make your own gang sign?), Gang Tags (Make your own gang graffiti?) ,Shake hands with gang members, get gang tattoos, customize low riders,  actual gang clothes of South central LA area (Crips, bloods, Surenos (Mexican gang) ) This will not only make the game more realistic but good for gang fights. Implement a system for gang members to sell drugs. Implement a drivebuy system. This isn't hard to put in the game as there small but great features that would make the gang side more realistic. Make is so when you walk in the hood its like real life and you know your in the wrong territory and your bound to get hit up and you know your in a dangerous place.

15 minutes ago, Haz13 said:

My idea for this game is to implement some realistic gang programming. Where you can throw up gang signs (Maybe make your own gang sign?), Gang Tags (Make your own gang graffiti?) ,Shake hands with gang members, get gang tattoos, customize low riders,  actual gang clothes of South central LA area (Crips, bloods, Surenos (Mexican gang) ) This will not only make the game more realistic but good for gang fights. Implement a system for gang members to sell drugs. Implement a drivebuy system. This isn't hard to put in the game as there small but great features that would make the gang side more realistic. Make is so when you walk in the hood its like real life and you know your in the wrong territory and your bound to get hit up and you know your in a dangerous place.

Drive by's are a no go and they won't add it because they want fights to be up close and personal. 

• Like 1

This all might come later after the game been released. There's already a system for selling/making drugs. No such thing as gang clothes because irl it's just colors and tattoos and that will be easy to make with the creating system in the game.

The drive-by is a cool GTA feel, but it won't happen because of their combat system, and it helps prevent rdm which would be common in this type game.

I think the devs talked about territory control a while back, but it was more gangs/mafia can control buildings, etc. Controlling streets and areas will be an RP thing, but I can be wrong. I hope controlling territories in the future will be a thing.

• Like 1

Like @MichaelD said, gangs didn't have a real distinction when it came to clothes and such. I do however like maybe throwing up gang signs or a hand shake, although that wouldn't be that great of a thing. I believe there will most definitely be territories and such that your gang can control or fight for.

Sounds nice, being able to do this makes it more interactive and a better experience to be part of a gang. Drive By's could lead to people getting killed for no reason (By standers) which only causes annoyance and anger about the feature.

• Like 1

There are a huge diffrence in clothing between mexican gangs and african american gangs for example mexican gangs wear long socks and long shorts with chucks... some people like me for example might like the 90s feel of gang clothing.

"Gangs didn't have a clear distinction of clothing"...

Hells Angels, Spades, MS-13 (Tattoos) etc...

Either way, one is capable of producing or purchasing clothing that represents one's gang from a clothing designer. For example, one could pre-order a bulk amount of customized jackets from a clothing company in order to attain clothing that represents the gang. 

Black%2BSpades.jpg 

Edited by DLimit

On 5/12/2017 at 10:22 AM, Haz13 said:

There are a huge diffrence in clothing between mexican gangs and african american gangs for example mexican gangs wear long socks and long shorts with chucks... some people like me for example might like the 90s feel of gang clothing.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's not that they dress like that on purpose, it's not a signature style they all are forced to wear. It's how they grew up in communities and their culture that led to that style, so back in the day when people seen them they considered that "gang clothes". If someone dressed like that it doesn't mean they in a gang. If you've watched documentaries they don't say, "the gang members wear this type clothing." They talk about the tattoos that represent the gang and what they've done to be known.

I know this is true for 90% of people in this world, you are the average of all your close friends. Meaning you will dress alike, say the same slang, have the same the views. That being said notice the White, Asian, African-American, and Mexican communities around you, they're clearly different because they grew up differently for generations.

On 5/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, DLimit said:

"Gangs didn't have a clear distinction of clothing"...

Hells Angels, Spades, MS-13 (Tattoos) etc...

Either way, one is capable of producing or purchasing clothing that represents one's gang from a clothing designer. For example, one could pre-order a bulk amount of customized jackets from a clothing company in order to attain clothing that represents the gang. 

Black%2BSpades.jpg 

Hell's Angels is a motorcycle gang tho. We're talking about street gangs, there isn't a signature brand to wear, it's tattoos like MS-13. Every motorcycle gang has matching vest and jackets even today, it's a given.

But this is Identity there's going to be mafias and gangs of all kinds with matching clothes and insane designs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MichaelD said:

Hell's Angels is a motorcycle gang tho. We're talking about street gangs, there isn't a signature brand to wear, it's tattoos like MS-13. Every motorcycle gang has matching vest and jackets even today, it's a given.

But this is Identity there's going to be mafias and gangs of all kinds with matching clothes and insane designs.

Gangs and sets often possess matching bandanas that are the identical colour on to their body.