NorthernRanger

Something a Lttle Dfferent - 37thIVM Now Recruiting

Welcome To The Home Thread of The 37th!

The 37th Identity Volunteer Militia (37thIVM) is every citizens dream! 

We defend your rights so you don't have to!

5695c06a425a0_Identity-VolunteerMilitiaE

The 37th is committed to protecting peoples communities against the evil doers that seeks to destroy them. We prevent these hoodlums from harming crops, seizing land, and harming YOUR family. 

Our Goals

The 37thIVM's main goal is to protect families and communities from corrupt government officials and criminals. We do this by rallying troops and support from local business owners, wealthy families and individuals that are willing to fight for their rights. Along with protection the militia also provides parties for local communities and will do our utmost to bring the community as much prosperity as possible.

5695c29c2148d_quote37th.thumb.jpg.09dfec

Why You Should Join

The 37th is always looking for dashing new recruits that want to protect their lands and rights! Along with the provided equipment the 37th offers the opportunity to get in shape, meet new people, and create stronger bonds with your country and community. The IVM has a high influence with business leaders around the community and can provide members with theses leaders contact information if they are looking for employment. 

5695c3f088a02_Recruiting37thMilitia.thum

If you would like to join you can message PM me or add me on steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/NothernRanger/ 

WE HAVE A STEAM GROUP:Steam Group

Note: This is a work in progress thread if you have any recommendations please contact me 

I'm probably biased, but I don't like this idea. I feel like every normal citizen is going to want to be part of this, so there will be no average joes around. Besides, I don't think the devs will allow for things like PMCs or militias like this.

4 hours ago, Johnny said:

I'm probably biased, but I don't like this idea. I feel like every normal citizen is going to want to be part of this, so there will be no average joes around. Besides, I don't think the devs will allow for things like PMCs or militias like this.

I think there will be plenty of people that don't want to be part of this. I for one want to be a lawyer, and there are quite a few others around here that just want to own businesses and never touch a gun. So there are plenty of average joes to protect/exploit :) 

On 29/01/2016 at 5:43 AM, Johnny said:

Just to point out, you are the Don of the Mariano crime family. Saying that PMCs and Militias should not be allowed is the same as saying that gangs/organized crime should also not be allowed. When you think about it, they are quite similar, just different activities, and one is more legal than the other.

15 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Just to point out, you are the Don of the Mariano crime family. Saying that PMCs and Militias should not be allowed is the same as saying that gangs/organized crime should also not be allowed. When you think about it, they are quite similar, just different activities, and one is more legal than the other.

Not that similar. PMCs are basically armies, and armies have been left out of the game for a reason. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Not that similar. PMCs are basically armies, and armies have been left out of the game for a reason. 

Yet if you look at the structure and organization of both, as well as the methods, training, and weapons used by each, they are in fact similar. I understand about how some PMCs are basically armies, but most are not involved in any active combat situations. The ones that are in active combat situations are almost always under contract to a government(s). The majority of PMCs/Security Consultanting Firms actually only provide security/protection for high profile persons, people who live in less suitable areas, and site/assset protection for companies and private individuals. Also, most PMCs are not legally allowed heavy weaponry without strong governmental oversight, as according to The International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR)

Edited by slovaceck

13 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Yet if you look at the structure and organization of both, as well as the methods, training, and weapons used by each, they are in fact similar. I understand about how some PMCs are basically armies, but most are not involved in any active combat situations. The ones that are in active combat situations are almost always under contract to a government(s). The majority of PMCs/Security Consultanting Firms actually only provide security/protection for high profile persons, people who live in less suitable areas, and site/assset protection for companies and private individuals. Also, most PMCs are not legally allowed heavy weaponry without strong governmental oversight, as according to The International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR)

They aren't nearly as similar as you make them out to be, but fair point either way. My concern is that so many people will be drawn to PMCs that there will be very few normal citizens about. The reason why this wouldn't be a concern with the mafia is that PMCs are (mostly) legal, meaning people who don't want to find themselves involved in crime won't have any reason not to participate.

Edited by Johnny

6 minutes ago, Johnny said:

They aren't nearly as similar as you make them out to be, but fair point either way. My concern is that so many people will be drawn to PMCs that there will be very few normal citizens about. The reason why this wouldn't be a concern with the mafia is that PMCs are (mostly) legal, meaning people who don't want to find themselves involved in crime won't have any reason not to participate.

Yeah, I understand that, but most of the PMCs so far are very professional and aren't accepting just anybody, and they appear to have rigorous training/codes of conduct and such. So in the end, I don't think you'll have to worry aout them too too much. I do completely agree on militias though, we don't want another Oregon Militia Standoff occuring. That is where PMCs come in very useful, as they wouldn't need to mess around with all of the governmental approval, they just need a paycheck.

9 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Yeah, I understand that, but most of the PMCs so far are very professional and aren't accepting just anybody, and they appear to have rigorous training/codes of conduct and such. So in the end, I don't think you'll have to worry aout them too too much. I do completely agree on militias though, we don't want another Oregon Militia Standoff occuring. That is where PMCs come in very useful, as they wouldn't need to mess around with all of the governmental approval, they just need a paycheck.

Well as long as they don't just suck up all the average joes then I don't have a problem with them. If they get unrealistically big then that may pose a problem. Either way it's really down to whether or not the devs allow PMCs at all. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Well as long as they don't just suck up all the average joes then I don't have a problem with them. If they get unrealistically big then that may pose a problem. Either way it's really down to whether or not the devs allow PMCs at all. 

Yeah, although I don't see why not. But if they don't, it means more business for you.

6 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Yeah, although I don't see why not. But if they don't, it means more business for you.

It sure does.
I'm gonna guess that you're a PMC guy yourself?

On 31/01/2016 at 4:08 PM, Johnny said:

It sure does.
I'm gonna guess that you're a PMC guy yourself?

I'm with Aegis, but I've been in a couple before in other games, and it gets quite annoying when people just see us as a bunch of MerryWeather-esque people who just go around blowing up everything.

Which I might add, depending on the game, it might be. *cough* GTA V *cough*

Edited by slovaceck