SalemRealistic

Wealth and Economy (also what the devs could do after release)

I was thinking about how realistic the economy could be and currently is planned for the game. For example, people who have low income could apply to food stamps or have the government pay for their housing, people have to pay taxes, etc. I also think that once the game is released, the devs should try to add as many features as possible that they didn't have before. I know this is ambitious, and I'm not saying they HAVE to, but I'd like to be assured that they're going to try to make this as realistic as humanly possible. ^^

What do y'all think?

I've read that you can be homeless and beg for money. It didn't mention anything about food stamps or such. I think it would be cool to have low income housing and such. Things like that could lead to community votes and what not.

1 hour ago, SalemRealistic said:

I was thinking about how realistic the economy could be and currently is planned for the game. For example, people who have low income could apply to food stamps or have the government pay for their housing, people have to pay taxes, etc. I also think that once the game is released, the devs should try to add as many features as possible that they didn't have before. I know this is ambitious, and I'm not saying they HAVE to, but I'd like to be assured that they're going to try to make this as realistic as humanly possible. ^^

What do y'all think?

They don't have food stamps as a thing + I don't see why people need them because you won't essentially have to eat all the time like in a survival game. It is not really needed and also it will be as cheap as food is in real life essentially and making money will be as realistic to real life. You will likely start with $100 and so you can buy a net or a fishing rod to catch fish to then sell for money and things such as that to help you start off in the game.

It would be interesting if the party within government is capable of deciding whether to produce a "Food Program" that provides lower-income individuals or families with free food. It should provide political leaders with the ability to utilize the state's budget in such a manner.