Whitefeather

Using popular streamers to get Identity out there

What do you guys think about having a donation popping up to streamers who have tens of thousands of players watching? For a few dollars you can possibly get some people interested in Identity.

What if you where streaming Identity, and people watched it on Identity? Would that be considered meta? Or is that just the Identity equivalent to a reality show?

• Like 1

what if you get banned for doing advertisement on someone's stream without his permission? that's right! brainless fanboys will tell you to kill yourself.

On 2017-5-12 at 9:40 PM, HydraA15 said:

What if you where streaming Identity, and people watched it on Identity? Would that be considered meta? Or is that just the Identity equivalent to a reality show?

There won't be any such rules like that on the official servers and so no but you can also delay it and as well as servers might not allow that info to be used for in-game RP purposes.

It might work to catch the streamers attention to and do some digging into Identity

I believe it was @Paratus who said in one of his videos, that you can watch TV in your home and you could see people streaming Identity or listen to the radio and get real internet radio stations... I haven't heard anything since to tell us that has changed. I think that streamers will start to want money from every game they help. They are helping themselves already Plus, having thousands of viewers, isn't that like a symbiotic relationship between games and gamers, that both benefit from? If something were done, it should be a case by case thing.

On 2017-5-23 at 8:05 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

I believe it was @Paratus who said in one of his videos, that you can watch TV in your home and you could see people streaming Identity or listen to the radio and get real internet radio stations... I haven't heard anything since to tell us that has changed. I think that streamers will start to want money from every game they help. They are helping themselves already Plus, having thousands of viewers, isn't that like a symbiotic relationship between games and gamers, that both benefit from? If something were done, it should be a case by case thing.

They can't ask for money from game devs because the devs don't exactly say please can you stream but they say "You can stream" if you want to. If a streamer is streaming a game that they like, it is because they like it and well it is there choice to do it. Anyways, yes you can watch streams on the in-game TV (and no that wouldn't count as breaking a rule like meta-gaming in my opinion.) In general if a streamer helps the a game out, it is generally a choice they make and are not forced to make it, therefore won't get money for it because they didn't get asked to do it. 

I do think people could start asking for money as they help games when streaming.