Sign in to follow this  
Woritmor

Ask the devs! Exclusive Q&A with the Identity developers

We are pleased to inform you that our community has the exclusive opportunity to ask questions to the developers of Identity.

Motown, the Community Manager and 3D Artist for Identity, has agreed to face the questions of the Second Identity Community.

At first, this Q&A was for our Identity community called "Second Identity", a German speaking community for the game. But we felt that at this stage of development many people should have access to the information we will get through this Q&A. So we will also give you guys from around the world the opportunity to ask questions to the developers. The Q&A will be available in English and German afterwards.

We need your help, of course!

Mainly in form of your questions :)

Do you have questions to the developers? Questions about specific features? Questions about the vehicles or anything else? You can send us the questions via a form we have created for you.

How will it work?

The deadline for submitting your questions is the 15th of May 2017 at 10 PM. We will choose the best questions and then ask them Motown. As soon as the questions are answered, we will publish the Q&A with Motown on our Website in German and English.

We ask you, however, to ask meaningful questions. Questions like "When will Town Square module be released?" are counterproductive.

We are glad that we have this opportunity and are looking forward to your questions!

Please be aware that "Second Identity" is a German speaking Identity community. We created the form for submitting questions entirely for the international Identity Fans. Feel free to register on our website if you are German speaking, but don't register there if you are not German speaking or just want to insult our community. Thank you!

Link to the English Article on our website (If you are on our website, you are reading this article right now): https://secondidentity.net/wcf/index.php?article/19-english-ask-the-devs-exclusive-q-a-with-the-identity-developers/
Link to the form where you can submit your questions: https://secondidentity.net/wcf/index.php?qa---submit-your-question/

If you have an questions to this, feel free to ask them here :)

best wishes,

Woritmor

• Like 3

How many vehicle variations will we see? For example different makes of motorcycles, cars etc.

Also if you change server, would that mean you lose that apartment/house you currently own when you go to a different server and have to start again?

Thanks!

• Like 2

Question: Can you rent a car (or cars, van or trucks etc., like for a rental company) to people, like with a contract. simular to rent an appartment out to another player. If yes, then how will the game mechanics works when the rent time are over ?  Its pretty simple on a house or appartment, but on a car that can be moved around there might need other types of game mechancs for that).

• Like 1

Can individuals play an "Pre alpha version"? And before devs say no take this into account:

I'm a software engineer myself so I know how bug fixing works and that it's difficult to test every edge case of a software. I would sign a contract to not leak any information, visual and audio footage, pictures or simply everything about what I see and hear. I would do this in my free time to help you out.

If you would allow a small number of players you would have testing people for free. Players who didn't have anything to do with the development do different stuff than you would do. They'll probably find errors you wouldn't even think about. You just need a page where we can report bugs like JIRA. So for the Beta version you could eliminate the risk of having serious bugs which could scare people without an IT background away.

We could meet via Skype for an interview so that you can make your own opinion about possible candidates.

A final idea of mine is that people pay a deposit of 250€. You create different unique characters and map it to the person. If footage of this player get's leaked he will not retrieve his money back.

Edited by Dscheksn
A final idea added.

Thank you all for the questions so far. :)

49 minutes ago, mezdoo said:

When is the estimated  release date

Please no questions regarding the release date of the modules, beta or final game. We ask you, however, to ask meaningful questions. Questions like "When will Town Square module be released?" are counterproductive, because they will not likely give answers to such important news in a Q&A with a fan community.

How in-depth will some of the more demanding jobs be? A couple examples would be a mechanic, a chef, etc.

Also, is there going to be a way to possibly construct your own home

and/or design the outside or landscape of your property?

will we be able to play team sports say football like on a football field? 11 vs 11? or basketball on a court 5v5 maybe tennis doubles or singles? would love to have something like this for it would have a opportunity for people to be owners of these "teams" and have the customization option for cleats to uniforms to just having other in identity decide if they want to come to a game they can come to a stadium with their friends or family and enjoy a good time.

secondly wanted to ask if we can have team sports... can we make custom uniforms for the players? like a anme and number like RL

Edited by tozany4u
  • Like 1

How in depth will they go in with cars like can you build them from scratch like a project car or if your trying to repair it will you need the part or will you just need a repair kit?

• Like 1

If we wanted to own a specific type of restaurant, say a steakhouse, or a bar. Could we do that? And only sell steaks? Or only sell drinks?

1. What kind of motorcycles will there be in the game? (f.e. sportsbike, chopper, cafe racer etc.)
2. Make car louder and easily hearable from a long distance?
3. Will the running animation from the housing trailer change? (I'm sorry, I think its not that pretty)
4. Will the game have a good view distance with an decent pc? (I wanna see a nice skyline from my apartment)

Will there be musical instruments in the game like a piano or guitar and if so how will they work?

• Like 1

For in-game designs on clothing, how can we prevent other companies from copying us? Is there a way through the legal system to trademark certain logos/brand names?

Also, as a company can you sue another company? Also, as a individual, can you sue another individual/group?

• Like 3

Will you be able to see your body in first-person view? I've noticed in videos so far when you are sitting in a car in that view you cannot see your own body.

Also, will independent head movement be a thing like it is in Arma?

Will u able to farm/grow and then make drugs in ur apartment/Shop?How will Give moneys work?Like Arma 3 where there will be a menu and u'll write the number and then press a button or there will be an animation?

Will we beable to rent out pledge apartments. How will the jobs work like taxi car,tow truck,semi truck, will we have to rent them or buy them befor we can do the job 

On 5/9/2017 at 3:17 AM, CactusJack said:

How many vehicle variations will we see? For example different makes of motorcycles, cars etc.

Also if you change server, would that mean you lose that apartment/house you currently own when you go to a different server and have to start again?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Judgement said:

Will there be musical instruments in the game like a piano or guitar and if so how will they work?

1 hour ago, Matluctob said:

Will u able to create clothes?So could u be able to create a gang uniform?

Already been answered in previous dev interviews.

• Like 1

Let's say I am kidnapping someone in the game, what happens if they just leave the game and join a new server?

Can you have multiple houses and rent them all? Can you give money to your friends? Can we rob playsrs cars? Also, any idea how big the game is (disc size not map ex: 60gb ish)

7 minutes ago, Lexan said:

Can you have multiple houses and rent them all? Can you give money to your friends? Can we rob playsrs cars? Also, any idea how big the game is (disc size not map ex: 60gb ish)

You can only have 1 house I am sure unless being a estate agent allows you otherwise. I don't think that it will be something though.

Yes you can give money to your friends. Yes you can rob cars, the game is no where near finished and so they will not have a clue on the space needed as the game is like one quarter complete or not even that because 3 modules and the beta being each quarter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lexan said:

You may own multiple homes and rent them all, yes. You are also able to give your friends money. You are able to steal other players vehicles, but if you leave the car inactive for a while it will be returned to the owner, granted they have car insurance.

45 minutes ago, Bekatsa said:

Let's say I am kidnapping someone in the game, what happens if they just leave the game and join a new server?

There is no function to stop them from leaving or anything like that. The only thing they expect to do is their character will be left on the server for a certain amount of time. It helps for players who leave during combat, but I'm not too sure what you could do if they left while you were attempting to kidnap them.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, Bekatsa said:

If we wanted to own a specific type of restaurant, say a steakhouse, or a bar. Could we do that? And only sell steaks? Or only sell drinks?

The choice of what is sold is up to the owner of the business. So technically speaking, you may have a specific type of restaurant.

@Lexan

@Bekatsa