FAQ (Publish Questions You Want Below!)

Everyone has had questions about the police department, so I'm here to make an FAQ from information from the developers, and also plain simple answers. (Not all information is guaranteed to be correct and any developer/staff member can leave a comment stating anything different to what I have said.)

1. Can I be [This Rank]?

Answer: I have already discussed this with Motown and it is clear that on your own private servers that yes, you are able to choose who is which rank, however on the official servers. Motown has said that it is unlikely in the first place that there will be a police chief (On steam). And he has also told me that even if there is It will be a staff member or a developer. 

Other Points: Points above confirmed, however, it is not clear to me yet whether there will be a ranking system at all, or whether it will depend on time played on the server etc.

2. Is there going to be an age limit for the police department?

Answer: It is very unlikely that there will be an age limit as they do not want to restrict players to what they can do in-game, also players do not want to be hyped up for police department and then not be able to become a police officer.

Other Points: Confirmed

3. What are the amounts for the citations going to be?

Answer: It is likely that the ticket/citation prices will be preset as this will stop the few 1 or 2 trolls who want to try and ticket someone $99999 for not stopping at a stop sign. But there will probably be different prices for each type of ticket, for example, a different price from Reckless Driving to Speeding.

Other Points: Confirmed

4. Will there be trials/courtrooms?

Answer: From what I've heard, yes. There will be courtrooms and trials, so there is a possibility that there will indeed be bail. However that is not confirmed, although I think this would be a good idea since not that many people with have money at the start so it won't be like every single person gets bailed.

Other Points: Read below

Warning: Motown has now confirmed with me that there will be NO bail. The below is  a quote from Motown about the jailing system:
"When you are sent to prison, you can request a trial if your prison sentence is over 15 minutes. If your trail is accepted, you can plead your case or have your selected lawyer plead your case for you, in front of a row or player jurors. After your time is up to plead your case, they vote guilty or not guilty. There is no player judge. If voted Not guilty, you get set free, and if voted guilty, you get sent back to the prison yard"

5. Will there be sub-divisions (SWAT, Aviation, K9 etc)?

Answer: Well we already know that SWAT will be a thing due to the module being shown here. However, we have not been told about K9, Aviation etc yet. I believe that they will not be a thing until the servers are up and running with a strong police system first. As we do not want 10 K9 officers and 2 officers on duty, with 9 dogs running around. And helicopters will probably not be needed at the start. As well as this the developers need to focus on the original police system and the SWAT module before they do anything else.

Other Points: There might be different skins for different parts of the map, but this is also unlikely as the whole map will probably just be one police force. Read Below

Warning: Motown has now confirmed that they will be looking into K9 someday, but aircraft will not be a thing, even for the police. This is a quote from Motown below:

"We'd like to do a K9 unit someday, but for now when or if we ever add animals that can follow the player outside in the open world rather than just apartments/houses. There also will not be any aircraft in Identity, even for police."

Motown has also said below the following:
"There will be SWAT and detective divisions for the police force, with a limited number of consecutive spots. If Too many SWAT or detectives, or not enough regular cops are online, then the slots are limited"

6. What will the maximum sentence time be?

Answer: The maximum sentence time has "For now" been confirmed to be 45 minutes. Although due to them stating it's only, for now, this may change in the future.

Other points: Confirmed by a developer, also obviously not every single sentence will be 45 minutes long. It depends on the time.

7. Can an off-duty officer help out another on-duty officer?

Answer: A moderator states that there is no way to help unless other officers are in uniform. (On both public and private servers)

Other points: A developer also stated that they want there to be a very clear difference between civilians and officers.

By Scotty

THIS WILL BE UPDATED BELOW!!!!

Edited by Scott_UK
Question 7
  • Like 7

On 5/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, uncannierlink said:

Well, Public servers are gonna suck.

whys that?

On 5/9/2017 at 11:59 AM, Scott_UK said:

There will be SWAT and detective devisions for the police force, with a limited number of consecutive spots. If Too many SWAT or detectives, or not enough regular cops are online, then the slots are limited

I don't really like this, maybe i missed something, from what is was told you join the game and if you want to go to work, you just hade to head down to your PD and sign in. or is it slots like in arma ?

I dont think by setting a limited on the SWAT or Detective is gonna do any good. SWAT or Detective can still help out any time, i just dont get it    

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, Bosco said:

I don't really like this, maybe i missed something, from what is was told you join the game and if you want to go to work, you just hade to head down to your PD and sign in. or is it slots like in arma ?

I dont think by setting a limited on the SWAT or Detective is gonna do any good. SWAT or Detective can still help out any time, i just dont get it    

SWAT are called on for special combat situations such as a hostage situation or bank robbery hence their name Special Weapons And Tactics = SWAT 

They cannot make traffic stops etc. In most police departments traffic officers and other are just members of that departments SWAT team but are normal police. When the rare occasion for SWAT pops up then they just head to the department and suit up and go. Not sure if its the same in identity...

Detectives are well.... detectives, they do what the title says they arent traffic corps so they cannot legally do stops and just general pullovers unless a clear indiciation of a driver drunk/drugs or searching for a certain person. 

Normal police have the job of conducting stops, drug and alcohol checks and search and rescue. Its no good sending a SWAT team to check out a general disturbance is it?

SWAT/SRT shouldn't even be out on the road, technically they are called specifically to do a job that standard pd cannot handle with the resources they have, if anything it should be a merit badge or certification that allows you to put on the gear of an SRT or SWAT officer and respond to those calls. But what would I know.....

• Like 1

Will we have the option to have a police partner? For example, I want to join the force and have my own cruiser, but would someone else be able to become my partner and we'll both be on duty together? Having two cops simultaneously doing traffic stops or handling violent players would both be safer and more effective.

In case it's unclear, I mean having said partner in your cruiser's passenger seat.

Edited by Isaac_Rain
Clarity
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Isaac_Rain said:

Will we have the option to have a police partner? For example, I want to join the force and have my own cruiser, but would someone else be able to become my partner and we'll both be on duty together? Having two cops simultaneously doing traffic stops or handling violent players would both be safer and more effective.

In case it's unclear, I mean having said partner in your cruiser's passenger seat.

It is very likely that this will be available, I will confirm with Motown though to get you a certain answer.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2017 at 6:11 PM, Bosco said:

The reason they limit it is because we don't want 20 SWAT on duty and 3 police officers, it's completely unrealistic. We want a good ratio of police to SWAT. Same with detectives. As we would have 20 SWAT sitting at PD and 3 police officers with almost no backup available unless it's a serious enough situation for SWAT.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2017 at 11:55 PM, Joselyn82 said:

SWAT/SRT shouldn't even be out on the road, technically they are called specifically to do a job that standard pd cannot handle with the resources they have, if anything it should be a merit badge or certification that allows you to put on the gear of an SRT or SWAT officer and respond to those calls. But what would I know.....

I agree with this

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott_UK said:

It is very likely that this will be available, I will confirm with Motown though to get you a certain answer.

Thanks!

So when it comes to police cars. When player get their cars will they be able to take it to their home or will they be ordered to keep it in a police garage?

How can I become a police chief or member? I have knowledge in the field, I have manuals, laws and much more, I would like to help the community as well. I play roleplay on seven-year SA-MP servers.

I have manuals and guides for the entire Police Department and even other areas of the community as well, so contact me.

1 hour ago, Argonz said:

How can I become a police chief or member? I have knowledge in the field, I have manuals, laws and much more, I would like to help the community as well. I play roleplay on seven-year SA-MP servers.

you can't be chief a game admin will be chief

6 minutes ago, Nativeyoung said:

you can't be chief a game admin will be chief

Yes, but I could be an officer maybe, I have great knowledge and experience in police roleplay, seven years, I know transgressions procedures and more, I know I could influence and teach a lot and even learn

1 hour ago, Argonz said:

Yes, but I could be an officer maybe, I have great knowledge and experience in police roleplay, seven years, I know transgressions procedures and more, I know I could influence and teach a lot and even learn

yes there will be in-game police and I will be one of em as for ranks it goes Police FBI and investigators as for their leaders will be admins

5 minutes ago, Nativeyoung said:

Sim, haverá policiais no jogo e eu serei um deles para as fileiras. O FBI policial e os investigadores quanto aos seus líderes serão administradores

Do you know how I can be becoming one?

1 hour ago, Argonz said:

Do you know how I can be becoming one?

so far there's only what admins have posted on forums other than that no one really does

19 minutes ago, Nativeyoung said:

so far there's only what admins have posted on forums other than that no one really does

Can you tell me the chief of police or someone I can talk to about this?

1 hour ago, Argonz said:

Can you tell me the chief of police or someone I can talk to about this?

i dont think that admin will be chosen till beta

On 6/14/2017 at 2:02 PM, Scott_UK said:

The reason they limit it is because we don't want 20 SWAT on duty and 3 police officers, it's completely unrealistic. We want a good ratio of police to SWAT. Same with detectives. As we would have 20 SWAT sitting at PD and 3 police officers with almost no backup available unless it's a serious enough situation for SWAT.

as for the SWAT thing, i just saying that making a limit is wrong, how ever that shoud be a  command  decision.  Detective can alwasy help out but he has to work on this case.

Just beacuse you are a plainclothes detective, dont mean you cant help out a fellow officer in need. 

Do you know if they will have a mobile command base for very big things at the Police Department?