TheCobra

How does jailtime work?

8 minutes ago, The_Joker said:

Somebody gets it.

Like I said, to each their own, but from what I've seen and heard, a majority of players don't want anywhere near that long. Just saying.

Stops people from preforming crimes at mass rates, as well as gives people time to reflect ,and take advantage of a new game mode. 

• Like 1

I really do think the jail time itself is fine, and should range no longer than 20 minutes.

As for prison sentence, that should definitely be raised to 90 minutes. Big crimes should feel big and risky, and this would allow someone to really experience the prison system rather than just boop, in and out.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2016 at 0:44 PM, Atmosphere said:

believe me, it won't be constant. Remember, there's cops.

But if the times not very long,then it won't matter,people will just go grab something to eat or whatever,come back,rob someone,go to jail,get out kill someone....all you will have is criminals running around

Edited by Bud1lite

On 1/1/2016 at 6:20 PM, Motown said:

The maximum time is 45 minutes, for now! We'd maybe consider increasing it to a couple hours at most, depending on feedback and depending on how fun the prison gameplay is! If you switch between official servers, you will still be in prison, but on private servers that have their own databases, you get a clean slate, unless you were in prison last time you were on that particular private server. We may even count offline time as time served towards sentences.

I would say jail time should be in game.  Otherwise, do a bunch of stuff, go to jail, log off, come back and you're good. Just like Altis Life.

On 2/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Hill said:

If time is 45 minutes max:

• Jailbreaks would almost never be possible with such a short amount of time. It often takes 30+ minutes just to prepare a strategy, gear up, and gather the appropriate intel assuming there are no delays and you're not rushing into things (this is from experience on ArmA 3 Life).

This gives us very little time to enjoy the full prison experience, some people want to take it all in not blow through it all and chow down faster than a speeding bullet.. Enjoy your experience.

If time is above 45 minutes (3 hour max jail sentence):

• This makes not getting caught much more thrilling in my opinion, sure a lot of people are like "but then if I do a crime I have to sit in jail and do nothing for hours!" but you do realize that's only if you get caught? Also I imagine you have to do a hell of a lot of crimes to receive a maximum jail sentence.

I, personally someone who's more interested in hardcore role-play rather than an arcady GTA experience would prefer a longer jail sentence just for the sake of role-play. I want to be part of the whole role-playing experience, I don't want to run around the streets and just commit constant crime after crime not carring about that 45 minute maximum jail sentence. If you're a real criminal and know what you're doing, you shouldn't get caught.

Honestly..

I imagine the official servers want something for everyone so I imagine there will be versions of official servers that are more arcady while there are versions that are much more hardcore with longer jail sentences and such; Regardless of that, I imagine there will be plenty more private servers and something for everyone. It won't all be the same, so if you want that chance at a longer jail sentence then trust me there will be servers out there for you just with that in mind focusing on the hardcore aspects of role-play.

•  

+1 for long jail times

• Like 1

Here's the real difference:

In life, professional criminals accept that prison time is a part of what they do, they know the risks. In games, more often than not, players are not professional criminals, they're just players that cause trouble, & most of the time they're not even breaking any rules. Identity is going to change that perspective, put simply, 'If you can't do the time, don't do the crime'. I would expect to see some serious prison time on most private servers,but at the moment we're still not sure about what exactly Asylum intend to do here, and there are certain things we need to know:

First, and most important, will game mechanics actually enable you to be a professional criminal? I'm talking about crimes other than those involving causing damage to other people here, i.e making money.

Secondly, is the amount of time someone spends in jail/prison something that we'll be about to decide upon on private servers?

Third, we've all heard that prison is going to be a 'mini world', an awful lot is going to depend on the exact definition of that, so what is it?

One thing is clear, time behind bars IS going to play a major role in Identity, players need to be aware of, and accept it, before they embark on a life in crime.

• Like 5

On 22-12-2016 at 1:15 AM, Jinx said:

Here's the real difference:

In life, professional criminals accept that prison time is a part of what they do, they know the risks. In games, more often than not, players are not professional criminals, they're just players that cause trouble, & most of the time they're not even breaking any rules. Identity is going to change that perspective, put simply, 'If you can't do the time, don't do the crime'. I would expect to see some serious prison time on most private servers,but at the moment we're still not sure about what exactly Asylum intend to do here, and there are certain things we need to know:

First, and most important, will game mechanics actually enable you to be a professional criminal? I'm talking about crimes other than those involving causing damage to other people here, i.e making money.

Secondly, is the amount of time someone spends in jail/prison something that we'll be about to decide upon on private servers?

Third, we've all heard that prison is going to be a 'mini world', an awful lot is going to depend on the exact definition of that, so what is it?

One thing is clear, time behind bars IS going to play a major role in Identity, players need to be aware of, and accept it, before they embark on a life in crime.

It's like you don't know anything about this game at all, did you even attempt to do some research on this game?

1st - Yes, game mechanics allow you to do "professional ciminal stuff".

2nd - It's to be decided on each server and whoever owns that particular server.

3rd - It's going to be a literal prison, not much more.

4th - anyone wanting prison time to be longer than 45 minutes either is a salty career cop that doesn't want criminals to have fun, or most likely hasn't played any game which allowed for 45+ minutes in prison.

It's fucking terrible, it gets boring very quickly and irritating.

inb4 "I doubt any cops get salty over criminals and want to ruin their fun" yes they do. I've been playing as a career cop for about 1 year long on Asylum's Arma 3 servers, and before that 2 years of the criminal life. I know how cops behave and think.

Inb4 "can't do the time, don't do the crime hurrdurr" the game is made for everyone to have fun, not for criminals to have some fun, then having to sit in prison for 2+ hours before they can actually continue doing what they want.

Breaking the rules is exciting, you get the cops after you, you get into shoot-outs & much more.

Why would you punish players for having fun by making them sit in prison for 2+ hours?

"One thing is clear, time behind bars IS going to play a major role in Identity, players need to be aware of, and accept it, before they embark on a life in crime."

Nooo... You don't say..

That was sarcasm.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:48 AM, Atmosphere said:

the game is made for everyone to have fun, not for criminals to have some fun, then having to sit in prison for 2+ hours before they can actually continue doing what they want

You should take note of what you write. Yes Identity is made for everyone to have fun, and I can guarantee you that as soon as people trying to run businesses etc start getting shot every five minutes they'll be off to other servers/quitting before you can say boo.

And FYI.....we don't know what the game mechanics will actually allow for criminals, We don't know if private servers will be able to alter jail time seeing as even Asylum are unsure at this point exactly how long jail time will be, so....seeing as you've done all this 'research' why don't you enlighten us eh?

18 minutes ago, Jinx said:

seeing as you've done all this 'research' why don't you enlighten us eh?

It's like you completely ignored my post, and made the most moronic post you could think of.

I literally did just that.

Yes Identity is made for everyone to have fun, and I can guarantee you that as soon as people trying to run businesses etc start getting shot every five minutes they'll be off to other servers/quitting before you can say boo.

See that's where you're already going wrong, you're assuming that just because the prison time will be shorter than 1 hour, everyone will be shooting eachother within 5 minutes of timespan. That just shows how stupid your argument is. The Arma servers have 45 minutes prison time, and I guarantee you, you'll die about once an hour or two (depending on what you do).

In fact, I've been running around as a cop without any gear for the past few days on Asylum and I've been kidnapped 7 times, but haven't been killed once. All I had was great Role Play with civilians.

It all depends on the servers. There's no way Paratus is going to make all prison time the same due to him saying "I want the server owners to be able to customize the servers as much as possible without the usage of mods".

Again, do some actual research instead of playing the smart guy without any solid arguments.

In case you don't know how to do research, this should sum a bunch up for you:

On 02/01/2016 at 10:12 PM, 157C said:

So this of course is entirely my opinion, and like all opinions, is subject to change. This is what I think it should be like in the prison. First off, I entirely agree with most people here, 45 minutes is WAY to short. As Undead said, you don't want to encourage people to enter crime, and, if you're going to have a whole acquit court system, that could take enough time in itself, so you want to have a sentence long enough that people are actually able and want to be acquitted.

For me, the Maximum time a player should be in jail is 3 Hours, with no offline time included. Let me tell you why. 3 In-Game no offline hours is a LONG time, and it also is enough time to encourage people not to get into crime, as well as is a long enough time to inspire people to be acquitted. I also believe that, in order to not spam the system, and implying the maximum time is 3 hours, then the time you need to have in your sentence must be over 1 and a half hours in order to a request an acquittal.

Now we've also come to a bit of an obstacle, you've mentioned Jail Breaks, now although we don't want to inspire criminals to try to break out of jail, we do want to give them enough time to maybe try, and this should obviously be very difficult, and doing so can add some serious time to your sentence, I was thinking 1-2 more hours, thus making getting caught a real punishment, which warns prisoners not to try it. But anyways, if Jail Breaks want to actually be a thing, you might want to add 2 Hours to the maximum time, making 4-5.

Now for Jail Time, the 5-10 minutes cell separate from Prison, should be at max 15 minutes, maybe 20, reason being is all you're doing in a regular jail cell is waiting around and possibly talk to people, that's it, so unless they make some activities in a jail cell, it should be at max 15-20 minutes. And the crimes that put you in the jail cell should be incredibly minor, like speeding for example.

One last thing. The form of punishment in prison. Ex: Killing/Attacking a Prisoner, Killing/Attacking a Guard, Contraband, building an escape tunnel (If possible as well as could be tied to Jail Breaks) and we've already discussed Jail Breaks as a whole. Now obviously each crime is different, some more serious than than the other. Please note that killing is more serious than just plain attacking, thus getting more punishment time. The most serious crime would be Killing a Guard, least serious being Contraband. Now punishment for these could go many different ways, you could have time added onto your sentence, which would be spent just staying in regular prison as normal. Another (personally my favorite) would be adding time onto your sentence, except the time that was added would be spent in a Solitude System (which I hope the game will have) and after that time is spent, the rest of your sentence would be spent as normal. Now for Contraband you could have it go 2 ways: 1. No matter the contraband, you get X amount of time added to sentence. Or 2. Different types of contraband give different X amounts of time. Weapons being #1 and Drugs being #2 for example. It all would be a very nice system to have.

Thanks for reading and I hope you take my ideas into consideration, please remember this is all my opinion and some people may have a better idea than mine, so make sure you read everything! Thanks!

I am in agreementioned with this

I for one am asking my community members I have so far what jail time they want max e.g. 45 minutes or 1hour 30 minutes and minimum Jail time being 10 minutes or 15 minutes. Also the prison time they want which is minimum being the jail max and then max prison time ranging from; 20 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days 6 days or 7 days.

So far 3 days is on 5/13 voters, 7 days is on 3/13 voters and 1 day is on 3/13 voters. The rest of the options have 1 or 0 votes.

I honestly want it to be 7 days because then your friends have enough time to plan a breakout, and carry it out. I would not want the prison time to be less than 3 days and also with the 7 days prison time, I would allow them to play 20 hours a day in-game and then the 4 hours would be server out of the game. (That's if I have an option to set/ control that.)

Edited by JamesLuck01

On 1/1/2017 at 2:22 AM, Atmosphere said:

In fact, I've been running around as a cop without any gear for the past few days on Asylum

This isn't Altis Life, Asylum or any other half game you've been playing.......a lot of people will be playing this to do something other than break the law, 'changing what it means to be an mmo' ....or did you miss that bit in your research? Oh and here's another solid fact you won't believe, criminals are ordinary people who live ordinary lives, they don't run around shooting two dozen people a day. The limitations of Arma 3 mods meant that the Devs wanted something more than cops and robbers, so they started Identity, cops and robbers you can get in any amount of modded games.....this is meant to be something more than that, although I'm almost certain that cretins like yourself will do their best to make sure that the Asylum servers will be pew pew die die crap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jinx said:

I'm quite sure you're not capable of reading properly.

I clearly stated that there was a lot of RP with 45 min jailtime.

You literally make up statements for me so you can counter them with unlogical shit. I've never seen someone lose counter arguing themselves, that's just pathetic.

If the prison time is over an hour and a half, that particular server will 100% fail after a max of 6 months.

"Limitation of arma 3 mods" you do realise Asylum doesn't even use mods, right? Wait of course you don't, all you do is talk out of your ass because you're too stupid to have common sense. 

I also never use guns in arma, so you're completely wrong on that aspect of me being "pew pew die", there goes your miserable attempt at trying to be the psychologist.

Maybe instead of being one of those people that thinks they're so smart without knowing anything, try actually researching the game and you might not come off like a moron.

10 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

I'm quite sure you're not capable of reading properly.

I clearly stated that there was a lot of RP with 45 min jailtime.

You literally make up statements for me so you can counter them with unlogical shit. I've never seen someone lose counter arguing themselves, that's just pathetic.

If the prison time is over an hour and a half, that particular server will 100% fail after a max of 6 months.

"Limitation of arma 3 mods" you do realise Asylum doesn't even use mods, right? Wait of course you don't, all you do is talk out of your ass because you're too stupid to have common sense. 

I also never use guns in arma, so you're completely wrong on that aspect of me being "pew pew die", there goes your miserable attempt at trying to be the psychologist.

Maybe instead of being one of those people that thinks they're so smart without knowing anything, try actually researching the game and you might not come off like a moron.

13 hours ago, Jinx said:

This isn't Altis Life, Asylum or any other half game you've been playing.......a lot of people will be playing this to do something other than break the law, 'changing what it means to be an mmo' ....or did you miss that bit in your research? Oh and here's another solid fact you won't believe, criminals are ordinary people who live ordinary lives, they don't run around shooting two dozen people a day. The limitations of Arma 3 mods meant that the Devs wanted something more than cops and robbers, so they started Identity, cops and robbers you can get in any amount of modded games.....this is meant to be something more than that, although I'm almost certain that cretins like yourself will do their best to make sure that the Asylum servers will be pew pew die die crap.

Both of you need to be quiet and calm down. This forum was made to discuss what people thought would be best relating to jail time, not to argue about what you guys think this game is about. I'm not a mod, but cut it out, no one wants to see hostility in a post that was made for open discussion.

• Like 2