Sign in to follow this  
callumoleary98

Stock Market?

Will there be a live stock market system where it would be possible to invest in local businesses? I think this would be a great feature and add a whole load of emulsion to the mix!

22 minutes ago, callumoleary98 said:

Will there be a live stock market system where it would be possible to invest in local businesses? I think this would be a great feature and add a whole load of emulsion to the mix!

I'm honestly not sure if there will be an actual stock market, however you are able to privately invest with business owners and work out an arrangement to receive a percentage of their profits.  

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the devs have said that there won't be a stock market in the game! If they were to implement it, which I think is now a possibility with the use of SpatialOs, it would probably be after the full release of the game. ^_^ 

Edited by Hatoful
  • Like 3

Could always trade stocks the old fashion way.

Gather up a bunch of investors in one place and yell at eachother what you're selling the stock for and what you're buying it for.

Of course you'd need companies to go public first.

Yea, as others have said there won't be a built in stock market, although you could sell stock by just getting people to invest and saying "Oh you can have 3.14% of my company for $25,000". Tons of people are already thinking of doing it that way so I'm assuming that's always going to be the way.

Also, make sure it's a trusted company because they could always scam you if it's not official.

As stated above it will not be official however i hope there is a way you can make a official agreement meaning if they attempt to scam you you can go to the in game government and deal with it that way. Ensuring that it is still somewhat trustworthy.

It seems to me that since so many people will be investing in companies, the developers will eventually implement a stock market on the in game web. I do agree though that it will probably not be there until after the release of the full game.