Sign in to follow this  
Sjondefries

Will official servers reset once in a while?

In some games the servers reset once in a while and reset all your progression too. Will that happen with official servers in identity too?

I think he means, will the servers be wiped so everyone has a clean slate and a chance at... whatever.

25 minutes ago, Tourist said:

I think he means, will the servers be wiped so everyone has a clean slate and a chance at... whatever.

They wouldn't do that. 

44 minutes ago, Tourist said:

If there is a closed beta progress from that character will most likely be wiped when it ends, open beta onward your progress wont be wiped. Not sure if that's what's planned but that is generally how it goes 

5 minutes ago, JimmyRibera said:

If there is a closed beta progress from that character will most likely be wiped when it ends, open beta onward your progress wont be wiped. Not sure if that's what's planned but that is generally how it goes 

Anything before the full game will be wiped for full release and so everyone starts at the same place with a few minor head starts with pledges giving money. Official servers however after a certain amount of time it could be a possible thing but I think that it will be more because of a huge update or something but that is my opinion and is not confirmed as anything. I however believe you should maybe ask on twitter but I will try find out for you.

• Like 1

I would understand wiping after beta, but wiping randomly throughout the release of the game would suck! Imagine have hundreds of hours logged into something and then just having it all gone. That would suck a lot. I hope they don't do that.

• Like 1

I think the official servers probably won't reset after the full game is released like other games do, because it will be hard enough to get money and start off and having things reset could lose people with interests to play still because they do soo much to just lose it after a certain amount of time and that is not worth to keep doing I think.

• Like 1

Like it has been said, I don't believe any server will be wiped after release. No major MMO that I know of ever does this - it would destroy them. Imagine putting months of time and effort into making a successful business, acquiring a house and vehicle, only to have it taken away from you? That would completely destroy your desire to play. Depending on the popularity, new servers may pop up randomly, and you can restart anew there, but a wipe on servers after release is just a very bad move. 

• Like 1