Sign in to follow this  
Augmentation

Will some housing be instanced?

I am fairly certain that there will be housing / real estate integrated into the real world somewhat seamlessly, but seeing the amount of support this game is getting, is instanced based housing for per se, apartments, going to be a thing? Or are apartments (as well as other real estate) going to be completely seamless, but then somewhat limited (from what I imagine at least).

Thanks for reading, sorry if I wasted your time with a silly question

!aug

10 minutes ago, SythNebula said:

Physical houses will not be instanced. All apartments will be instanced

source ?

12 minutes ago, SythNebula said:

Physical houses will not be instanced. All apartments will be instanced

Physical houses will be instanced to a certain extent e.g. they are not unlimited but you cannot see people walk past the house would be something which is why it is instanced.. Apartments will be fully instanced.

20 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Physical houses will be instanced to a certain extent e.g. they are not unlimited but you cannot see people walk past the house would be something which is why it is instanced.. Apartments will be fully instanced.

Disappointed how housing will work :/ Hopefully they make up for it

Edited by Notic3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Notic3 said:

Disappointed how housing will work :/ Hopefully they make up for it

I don't see why you're disappointed. If housing wasn't instanced, everyone walking past the house would have to load all of the data going on inside the house, which would create server lag. That's why they are instancing the cinema etc, so that people walking by's games won't lag.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lewishead said:

I don't see why you're disappointed. If housing wasn't instanced, everyone walking past the house would have to load all of the data going on inside the house, which would create server lag. That's why they are instancing the cinema etc, so that people walking by's games won't lag.

Who says it would be laggy if it wasn't instanced. The amount of players on one server is not an issue, it's the amount of data stored by each person who ISN'T online. It is too much of a liberal attitude of "every person should have a right to an untouchable safe zone where they can hide/store RP items". It takes away from FearRP ( complying with criminals/muggers who would like to steal something from you ) or something along those lines. It could be like DarkRP on some servers, some houses can be rented for a few days, other ones are unowned when you are DC'ed for a certain amount of time (1 hour). It adds so much more possibility for RP. Breaking in, prevention of idiots logging out in their untouchable house during a gang feud/hit, etc. I could name the amount of metas for this type of gameplay. I've somewhat lost any interest in being a criminal with this gameplay function. I hope modding can fix this for custom servers. I don't like how this game is going to cater to the MMO-type gameplay, rather than actual RP.

This all makes earning money have no end, which makes earning money even more fun. Rather than just have everything permanent. Then what's the endgame?

Edited by Notic3

1 hour ago, Notic3 said:

This all makes earning money have no end, which makes earning money even more fun. Rather than just have everything permanent. Then what's the endgame?

Is there an endgame in life?

40 minutes ago, lewishead said:

Is there an endgame in life?

That is completely irrelevant, this is a videogame. IF you actually read my entire paragraph I typed out, you wouldn't be asking that question. Instead of being funny, actually read. 2 Days in a videogame would be around an hour in real life. So don't act like you're being smart.

Edited by Notic3

8 minutes ago, Notic3 said:

That is completely irrelevant, this is a videogame. IF you actually read my entire paragraph I typed out, you wouldn't be asking that question. Instead of being funny, actually read. 2 Days in a videogame would be around an hour in real life. So don't act like you're being smart.

I'm trying to be funny, or smart. I'm just saying that this game is meant to be a life simulator, therefore, there shouldn't be an endgame to it. Also, the devs have said it would be laggy if it wasn't instanced.

2 hours ago, Notic3 said:

Who says it would be laggy if it wasn't instanced. The amount of players on one server is not an issue, it's the amount of data stored by each person who ISN'T online. It is too much of a liberal attitude of "every person should have a right to an untouchable safe zone where they can hide/store RP items". It takes away from FearRP ( complying with criminals/muggers who would like to steal something from you ) or something along those lines. It could be like DarkRP on some servers, some houses can be rented for a few days, other ones are unowned when you are DC'ed for a certain amount of time (1 hour). It adds so much more possibility for RP. Breaking in, prevention of idiots logging out in their untouchable house during a gang feud/hit, etc. I could name the amount of metas for this type of gameplay. I've somewhat lost any interest in being a criminal with this gameplay function. I hope modding can fix this for custom servers. I don't like how this game is going to cater to the MMO-type gameplay, rather than actual RP.

I don't see why you need to be able to break into people's houses in order to accomplish your objective through force. Let's say for example two player groups are in a gang war. If one side forces the other to have to hide in their houses and log off for two weeks, that side has won.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

I don't see why you need to be able to break into people's houses in order to accomplish your objective through force. Let's say for example two player groups are in a gang war. If one side forces the other to have to hide in their houses and log off for two weeks, that side has won.

Ok, then have fun on Identity. I think I'll stick with gtanetwork and everywhere when it comes out.

9 hours ago, Notic3 said:

Who says it would be laggy if it wasn't instanced.

The developers - you know, the gaming experts. The ones who've had the training and education in designing a game and understanding its limitations and weak spots. 

It is too much of a liberal attitude of "every person should have a right to an untouchable safe zone where they can hide/store RP items

You dislike the game because player housing is instanced and inaccessible to other players, touting GTA as a better option, and yet GTA does the exact same thing. Classic.

I've somewhat lost any interest in being a criminal with this gameplay function.

This gameplay function is present in all similar games, including GTA, and will most likely also be present in Everywhere when it is released. I know it's sad when the option of completely ruining someone else's gameplay purely for your enjoyment has limits. 

Technically there will be no early game, midgame, or endgame. This game simulates real life, and like real life, you work hard to earn money and get better things. You move up from an apartment to a house, a bike to a car. 

3 hours ago, Notic3 said:

Ok, then have fun on Identity. I think I'll stick with gtanetwork and everywhere when it comes out.

Have fun.

• Like 1