Sign in to follow this  
Swaggity

Impact of Political leaders on the city

I was curious as to know how much the decisions made by people in power will have on the city and those living in it.

If the police agree to RP and enforce the laws the government enacts, quite literally anything is possible.

It all comes down to whether or not the police want to enforce the laws the government enacts.

Laws are meaningless without someone to enforce them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

If the police agree to RP and enforce the laws the government enacts, quite literally anything is possible.

It all comes down to whether or not the police want to enforce the laws the government enacts.

Laws are meaningless without someone to enforce them.

Ok makes sense. I can't wait for this game!

I do Think it is very much up to what game mechanics there will be for this as well, and there have been very little official info out on that issue. What options there are on public servers vs. private servers.

If its just up to RP then you have no idea what direction it will take, regardless what the politician say or wants. There have to be some game mechanics involved in order to make it work right. And also how much influence the politics can and will have on the server, again I Think it can look diffrent from public servers compared to private servers.

People have their diffrent interest level regarding the RP of the game, what they want to to, and how they want to play  the game. So to rely on RP alone well I dont think that will work regarding this.

A political leader would be the Governor of the entire city and is quite powerful. They can dictate for example what is legal and illegal in terms of drugs and guns, they can raise or lower the tax rate and how much time criminals spend in jail for various crimes etc and can pocket a lot of money that could go to the people and do it legally, I'm sure there is much more. They are voted in however, so if you are not serving the best interests of the majority of your community you probably wont get voted back in but there is a lot of room to move if you want to be corrupt and keep it under wraps.