benjijedi

Kids in game

I'm guessing that people 7+ might want to play this game so what is the dev team gonna due about it. You can't totally exclude them from the game, if you add kid only zones, there will be a ton of people trying to take advantage of them or harassing them. 

10 minutes ago, benjijedi said:

I'm guessing that people 7+ might want to play this game so what is the dev team gonna due about it. You can't totally exclude them from the game, if you add kid only zones, there will be a ton of people trying to take advantage of them or harassing them. 

They can't do anything other than having the rating. e.g The game is R18 and if a parent consents to their child playing then nothing can be done about it.

• Like 3

If you seriously believe a rating will keep children from playing, I bet you're gonna use an umbrella to cover yourself from a nuclear blast. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SilberDrachen893 said:

If you seriously believe a rating will keep children from playing, I bet you're gonna use an umbrella to cover yourself from a nuclear blast. 

I didn't say R18 would stop anyone, I just said it is the only thing they can do to try stop them and then it is up to the parents to consent them to play. There is no real way to stop someone playing a 18 or any other game.

The only way of doing it, are to run a private server, and then set up rules of mature players, and if some kid anyway join, then, kick them from the server, its might a bit hard but its fully possible.

On public servers they will be there regardless what the game devs do to stop it.

• Like 4

This game will be all about private whitelisted servers so its not going to be a problem for people that really want to establish themselves as that is where they will be doing it. Actual children in public servers are not going to get far and wont play the game long when they realize no one wants to interact with them so once the flavor-of-the-month title wears off they will be gone, for people playing exclusively on private servers they wont know they existed to begin with. 

• Like 1

Okay, I am a kid ( I`m 15 ) , but where's the probleme?

I can do RP very well and speak German,France,Latin and English, so I'm for sure more intelligent then some older players :D

• Like 1

@Gamepilz for sure even more intelligent then most older non players ^^ 

I only speak German, English, Dutch and Suomi ( still learning it ) 

@JimmyRibera, @Turaxis, @njayminsim1115, @SilberDrachen893, @benjijedi  The problem is: you cant throw all "kids" from +8-16 in the same category because there are some 12 years old out there who can play better RP then most older ones. 

I have 10 years RP knowledge because i started early with 8. We shouldnt throw the young ones out because they dont know how to RP, they will never know how to RP right if noone shows them..

Edited by Ragnar
  • Like 2

to be honest though, I can't see many kids playing this game and the ones that do I think will already know how to RP. This is because this game is relatively small compared to a franchise like GTA or CoD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

@JimmyRibera, @Turaxis, @njayminsim1115, @SilberDrachen893, @benjijedi and @LuckyDuck The problem is: you cant throw all "kids" from +8-16 in the same category because there are some 12 years old out there who can play better RP then most older ones. 

I have 10 years RP knowledge because i started early with 8. We shouldnt throw the young ones out because they dont know how to RP, they will never know how to RP right if noone shows them..

Just so you know, I just answered what the devs can only do about them and that is have a rating of 18 on the game. I don't care if kids play as long as they don't ruin it for everyone else and same goes with those trolling adults out there, I don't want those immature adults as much as the immature kids ruining this type of game trying to make out it is another GTA.

If they can RP, then why not. If they want to learn RP then they can. If they just want to ruin the game for others then they can leave but anyways, I won't be playing on an official server unless @JamesLuck01's white-listed server don't work out. However there is no age limit on his server, you just have to have knowledge/ experience in RP. Kid or not they can join if they hit the requirements.

I however think that anyone without a mic should not be able to be a police officer for reasons alone to keep things immersive but no age limit.

4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

@JimmyRibera, @Turaxis, @njayminsim1115, @SilberDrachen893, @benjijedi  The problem is: you cant throw all "kids" from +8-16 in the same category because there are some 12 years old out there who can play better RP then most older ones. 

If I choose to pay for a private server, then there are nothing that the devs can do to stop me from kicking kids from my private server. - And I know that it is really not an age thing.. but its far more common between kids (as I call it), to behave as a small kid, than it is for a real mature player.
So if you choose to behave like a kid, then you will be warned, and if you dont understand it, you will be kicked.

I have my fully right, as the person that buy/rent a server to choose to have a mature playerbase, if you dont like it, then dont join.
I know plenty of mature players that will love to join a server for mature players. And trust me, I will kick you if you behave as a kid, if I do choose to get a private server (at some point when it will be possible).

If you want hardcore RP gameplay then find servers that will offer hardcore RP, but thats not what I sayd I will offer on my private server.

Kids can play on public servers, and you (as a kid) will not be kicked from a public server just because of age, but there will be private servers where you (if you are a kid) are not welcome.

Edited by Turaxis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Turaxis said:

and you (as a kid) will not be kicked from a public server just because of age

Just so you know i´m NOT a kid. And sure you can kick whoever you like to kick from your own server, but you didnt got my point so i wont talk to you until you read my text again slowly and get my messenge. 

I quoted you, and you said exactly " and you (as a kid) will not be kicked from a public server just because of age " so i think you mean me with that because we are talking to each other ^^ 

Try read the full sentence...  but there will be private servers where you (if you are a kid) are not welcome.

You say that you have 10 years of expeience for RP.

I will prefer to call it gaming experience (of what you talk about), RP are for me something else (Role Playing, and there are many diffrent types of that). I had my first computer when I turned 10, and had computer in diffrent types since that... that gives me 30+ years of gaming experience. I Think I have a completly diffrent view on gaming than most on youre age (not talking about you in person, but in general since I dont know you that well).  But dont try to tell me that you know better about RP, then me or people at my age, with simular gaming experience that I have.

For me personal, im not into hardcore RP, (not anymore, I was from before you even was born) but I do like to talk and play with mature people., 
Some kids (again not you personal, just to be sure you dont missunderstand me), really do make me to take distance from them.

I can see it in alot of other games, I find those people (kids or kids behavier), and then kick out those that behave like kids and its not 100% an age thing, and that why I sayd that I will kick people that behave like a kid. If they want to RP with a kiddo behavier,  and even that, they are older, thats fine, on public servers, but I will not allow it on my private server.

I hope that made some sense for you (and others)

19 hours ago, Ragnar said:

As a 15 Year old who's interested in RPG's, MMORPG'S etc. Most often then not I feel kind of excluded, but It's understandable how people wouldn't want kids ruining the game for them as it does involve certain aspects not meant for Children under age.

• Like 1

@Pixie you are not excluded from any public server, and im sure there will be private servers with RP (as speciality), but I have been talking about a private server, that I (some day) will set up for my private money, then I will also get the option to choose who to invite, and/or who to kick. Based on the rules and the setup I do (as anyone that set up a private server does).

I did made a website, where I did write about it, that I will run a private server with a mature playerbase, and yes that does, that not all are welcome on my private server, but guess what... if you want a private server for an age Group ex. 14-17 years then you are free to pay for a private server, and make that count as a rule (a server for people youre age). And then I will not join, and if anyone my age join that server, then you can kick them out.

Should I feel excluded for that ?   No not in any way at all.

Edited by Turaxis

I SPEAK AS A REPRESENTATIVE TO ALL 7 YEAR OLDS OUT THERE.

WE ARE NOT DUMB, WE ARE NOT STUPID, WE KNOW HOW TO HANDLE OURSELVES.

WE WILL PLAY IDENTITY ON LAUNCH THROUGH OUR MUMS COMPUTER AND BUY THE GAME THROUGH HER CREDIT AND WE SHALL RISE TO THE TOP. 

IF WE GET BOO-BOOS WE WILL NOT STOP, WE WILL CONTINUE.

WE MAY BE 7 BUT WE ARE SMART, WE KNOW THE WHOLE TIMESTABLE AND MORE!

FEAR US!

• Like 1

For me (a 63 year old kid) I will RP the game as best I can. I will interact with all other people as I need to in the game. If someone does not do well or just does not like the game then I will just not see them in the town square coffee shop any more. Age will not matter to me because they will be another person in the square. Age of players is an issue that I do not want to get into so I will deal with whomever I meet in the game and move on. I hope to make some friends to have coffee with no matter their real age. Lets all RP and hope it's a pleasant experience.

• Like 5

On 6/8/2017 at 8:53 AM, Turaxis said:

Try read the full sentence...  but there will be private servers where you (if you are a kid) are not welcome.

You say that you have 10 years of expeience for RP.

I will prefer to call it gaming experience (of what you talk about), RP are for me something else (Role Playing, and there are many diffrent types of that). I had my first computer when I turned 10, and had computer in diffrent types since that... that gives me 30+ years of gaming experience. I Think I have a completly diffrent view on gaming than most on youre age (not talking about you in person, but in general since I dont know you that well).  But dont try to tell me that you know better about RP, then me or people at my age, with simular gaming experience that I have.

For me personal, im not into hardcore RP, (not anymore, I was from before you even was born) but I do like to talk and play with mature people., 
Some kids (again not you personal, just to be sure you dont missunderstand me), really do make me to take distance from them.

I can see it in alot of other games, I find those people (kids or kids behavier), and then kick out those that behave like kids and its not 100% an age thing, and that why I sayd that I will kick people that behave like a kid. If they want to RP with a kiddo behavier,  and even that, they are older, thats fine, on public servers, but I will not allow it on my private server.

I hope that made some sense for you (and others)

You're over 30 and still spell like you're in middle school. Pathetic.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, Gamepilz said:

Okay, I am a kid ( I`m 15 ) , but where's the probleme?

I can do RP very well and speak German,France,Latin and English, so I'm for sure more intelligent then some older players :D

On 7/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, Gamepilz said:

Time for back school kid... Latin is the mother language of spanish, french, italian, portuguesse and romances languages...