Sign in to follow this  
JoelKeys

Awfully Flat?

Question

Just from some of the screenshots the game seems awfully flat. Like someone has just summoned a completely flat ground and added buildings to it. Will this be the case? I feel like a completely flat world will damage the immersion. Will there be hills, speed bumps, roads that change heights like on GTA and other games?

3 answers to this question

I think it may seem a little flat because most of the pictures we've seen are of the town square. Generally speaking, most cities tend to be flatter than other places, at least from what I've experienced. 

The Town Square, in theory, should be the oldest part of the city. Which means that it would make sense for it to be flat. If not in Ash Hill (the city where the Town Square module is taking place), I'm 100% positive that there will be variation in terrain everywhere else on the map.

There could also be a difference in the terrain depending on which city you're in. New York is pretty much flat, but Boston has crazy inclines and San Francisco has the famous hills. I wouldn't worry too much about the map lacking terrain.

Edited by Devonor
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Just from some of the screenshots the game seems awfully flat. Like someone has just summoned a completely flat ground and added buildings to it. Will this be the case? I feel like a completely flat world will damage the immersion. Will there be hills, speed bumps, roads that change heights like on GTA and other games?

There will be hills in the cities as said on the twitter at some stage, time ago which was apart of the original map changes a year ago as the map cities were flat originally and so they added hills in the cities and so there will be definite inclines in the cities at least "Ash Hill" because it is the mountain city and probably the other 2 as well.

• Like 1