Sign in to follow this  
Sjondefries

The police system won't be like altis life right?

With this I mean that you have to fill in a survey and that you have to be 18 yrs old (Most of the times).

It depends on the server. On official servers there are no age limits or surveys from what I heard but past crimes and actions will be held accountable for. On private servers it is up to the owner on what happens, he came make it exactly like Altis and have a age limit for all the devs care but it will still have to be somewhat similar to the original intended gameplay.

Hope this helped!

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:41 PM, YouKnowBro said:

It depends on the server. On official servers there are no age limits or surveys from what I heard but past crimes and actions will be held accountable for. On private servers it is up to the owner on what happens, he came make it exactly like Altis and have a age limit for all the devs care but it will still have to be somewhat similar to the original intended gameplay.

Hope this helped!

How do you know?

On 4/29/2017 at 10:13 AM, Lavics79 said:

How do you know?

The devs awnsered a question like this on twitter, i'll see if I can find a link later.

• Like 1

Hey Sjondefries! Good question!

Unless it's a private server that requires it, players will not have to apply to join the police force. On Official servers, the process to join the police career is mostly automated. You may have to qualify through a training tutorial to get started, and then again after earning the right to become a detective, but you won't have to worry about talking to any players or staff on Official servers to become a cop.

Private servers may choose to manually select their police officers, and will have the option to decide how that process is determined. If they'd like to interview people to qualify, they can.

• Like 14

On 5/4/2017 at 0:03 PM, Motown said:

Unless it's a private server that requires it, players will not have to apply to join the police force. On Official servers, the process to join the police career is mostly automated. You may have to qualify through a training tutorial to get started, and then again after earning the right to become a detective, but you won't have to worry about talking to any players or staff on Official servers to become a cop.

Private servers may choose to manually select their police officers, and will have the option to decide how that process is determined. If they'd like to interview people to qualify, they can.

What measures are put in place to stop police officers from abusing their power?

• Like 2

On 5/4/2017 at 0:03 PM, Motown said:

I love the fact that private servers will have the opportunity to customize their servers however they like. You guys are doing great job so far imo. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 2:11 PM, uncannierlink said:

What measures are put in place to stop police officers from abusing their power?

i kinda wish none.
imagine if big time gangstas start paying off certain cops to turn a blind eye as they conduct their business or not follow up certain leads (just like the real world in many circumstances)
you could have a separate branch of the police to conduct inquires into 'bend' police officers. even 'ban' them from the force for a certain time period, make them serve jail time, or work a low income job for 'x' amount of hours (best thing i could think of that comes close to community service)

i don't think every cop should be on the straight and narrow. give them the chance to take a pay rise with some dirty money.

14 hours ago, RampageAU said:

i kinda wish none.
imagine if big time gangstas start paying off certain cops to turn a blind eye as they conduct their business or not follow up certain leads (just like the real world in many circumstances)
you could have a separate branch of the police to conduct inquires into 'bend' police officers. even 'ban' them from the force for a certain time period, make them serve jail time, or work a low income job for 'x' amount of hours (best thing i could think of that comes close to community service)

i don't think every cop should be on the straight and narrow. give them the chance to take a pay rise with some dirty money.

Corruption is not an abuse of power in the sense I was saying. I was talking about kiddie cops acting like assholes and harassing people.

On 22/05/2017 at 7:42 AM, RampageAU said:

The department in the police you are thinking about is Internal Affairs, and Altis life needed an age limit to stop immature people ruining it, however this will be better built meaning it is safe to let younger people have the power of being in the police.

Siiick this is going to be great roleplay :)

Especially, a new type of roleplay for me going to be going from SAMP roleplay to some new roleplay.