FanaticalLikeADemon

Playing games within the game (gameception)

Probably a stupid question but will we be allowed to play games within the game?

Ok let's put it this way, you have a friend over to your house in the game and you want to show him a game you have irl but in the context of the game. So how about a system that links to the screen of your in-game PC so that it opens a game in a window on that pc for you, running the game as normal within the confines of the "pc screen" ingame and then for any spectators it would be streaming that gameplay to the screen.

Now to avoid performance issues where a random passerby in a public place might loose some bandwidth with a few people streaming their games why not add a mechanic where  a player has to sit down next to the person playing or accept an invite to watch stream when close enough. Obviously the super high end games would not be applicable but just in general it could be a fun way to rp as a gamer withing the game....once again this might all just be some dumb idea of mine none of you would be interested in but just thought i'd throw it out there.... 

Side note: Is smoking in this game a thing?

~ FanaticalLikeADemon

I understand what you mean, it will be possible to watch a movie with your friend at the cinema, or at your TV most probably, but about "gaming" in a house with a friend will just use up a lot of RAM of the servers, which will negatively impact the game with lag etc. You can stream your game with OBS if you want to.

About smoking, yes it will be possible. Drugs will play a huge role in Identity's economy!  

3 hours ago, FanaticalLikeADemon said:

Probably a stupid question but will we be allowed to play games within the game?

Ok let's put it this way, you have a friend over to your house in the game and you want to show him a game you have irl but in the context of the game. So how about a system that links to the screen of your in-game PC so that it opens a game in a window on that pc for you, running the game as normal within the confines of the "pc screen" ingame and then for any spectators it would be streaming that gameplay to the screen.

Now to avoid performance issues where a random passerby in a public place might loose some bandwidth with a few people streaming their games why not add a mechanic where  a player has to sit down next to the person playing or accept an invite to watch stream when close enough. Obviously the super high end games would not be applicable but just in general it could be a fun way to rp as a gamer withing the game....once again this might all just be some dumb idea of mine none of you would be interested in but just thought i'd throw it out there.... 

Side note: Is smoking in this game a thing?

~ FanaticalLikeADemon

There is no streaming in the game, you can only do it with external software and people can search it on their TV's in game.