deadaim

NEED TO KNOW!!! NOW

i just got told from a you tuber that you cant have your mates back you up in the same car and shoot at cops while there chasing you in cop car chases how the hell are you suppose to get away from them if you just robbed a bank or say you got a car full of drugs but its a slow car you just drive while theres about 7 cars up your ass so you lose automatically you cant fire back at all your pretty much screwed the youtuber told me the reason is they dont want to promote violence is the reason YET( you can make drugs do gun running (kidnap people and hold them for ransom join prison gangs or normal gangs i got 15 people that want to pursue as criminals with me and i herd the justice system was balanced these cops will have TS channels and allsethey have todo is get 1 following you and set up a road block ahead spike strip it if they have to and just sprey your car with bullets kinda makes the police have a bigger underhand dont you think i thought it was balanced  i would like to know if thats true or not if what that you tuber said is true or not  

You can not shoot from the car, that part is right, but it goes both wayes. However the car will stop to work if it takes too much damage. People have asked if police will have spike traps, but I dont know if that have been confirmed or not. Im sure the Swat team will have some more options than the normal police force, but what that will be are still unknown. There is a chance that that some of it will be shown in the next video.

And yes the police will have a police radio that they can communicate with, and its only the police that can listen to it.

When robbing a bank you will be waring a mask, and that will hide youre idenditity for a time period, (Think it sayd its currently 20 min, but that can change before the release)  you will have to rob the bank, and get away from the police before they know who you are (thats youre advantage as a bank robber). Youre mask will go off automaticly, and there will be a timer before you can put it on again.

If someone gets killed during the bank heist, then a detective will be put on the case, to search for DNA and other things to see if they can figure out who did it, so even that you do get away from the police chace, police can still pick you up untill that the system will remove youre criminal record (witch happens automatic after a given time, if they dont figure out who was behind it).

Edited by Turaxis

• yea all of us i dont think will be doing any legal stuff. i did send a message to dev to make sure you can shoot while your in car because its important to me since we will be robbing and being in a shit tone of trouble from cops
Edited by deadaim

It will not happen, they dont want a second gta enviroment, this game are as much a career based game as a game between police and criminals.
And its not confirmed that it will be possible with a prison break, but as an idea to the devellopers.

youtubers have asked devs and i found out u can do so much pointless crap in this game but u cant do the most realistic thing possable and have a good cop chase if you got a car full of guns and drugs that your trying to sell you will automatically get caught they just have to follow you long enough and your screwed wasent only talking about bank heists you get pulled over and then try get away your instantly known to cops cause they will be using teamspeak and they will be known where you are at least in arma your mates can shoot out of your car while you drive 

The things that you find pointless, are maby not what other players find pointless.

And that police can pull you over, yes that is true, but they need to have some reason for that (explained that in a mail to you as well) But that can happen in real life as well, regardless what it is you are driving with.

If youre in a gang, MC Club or a legal Company, what will forbid you and youre gangmembers/club members or staff to talk together through a teamspeak program ? Or with an ingame friend through the ingame phone. I really dont understand youre point there.. Do you find it strange that the police use a police radio, like they do in real life ?

If  shooting from a car is so important for you, then get access to a private server, (or play Gta, or Arma 3) it will most likely be an option to choose enabled/disabled and most likely with a timer so it can not just be ticked on/off when ever you just need it.
On public servers they allready made their point very clear.

Edited by Turaxis
  • Like 1

I kind of found the OP's argument a bit silly. So let's say you did rob a bank, sure. Now what are the odd's you're going to get away? Well, imaginably quite low without at least careful and professional planning. Now let's say you do get away like in your analogy, why would your getaway vehicle consist of an old slow crap-mobile as described? Sounds like you basically want to jump in and straight up get a crap ton of people together to pull off one of the most unorganized heists of all time only lucky to get away and only because there were so many of you.

Being able to shoot from your vehicle or not, there are good points both ways. If you can shoot from your vehicle you can have all the advantage both with additional cover, mobility, and the element of surprise seeing as you can light someone up with little to no warning. If you can't shoot from a vehicle people can light you up and disable your vehicle with little to no ability to retaliate, especially in the case your vehicle is disabled in the process. Ultimately, your best course of action would either be to flee and hope for the best or position your vehicle just right so you can jump out to cover; Ultimately, this makes people seriously consider their options before shit hits the fan.

Now the only way I can see this function working fairly is if it was purely suppressive fire, as in there is little to no accuracy when firing from a vehicle BUT of course still with a chance to hit your target giving them all the reason to get out of the way. Anyway, I imagine the function will be capable of being toggled on or off for private server's who have a seriously enforced role-play community. You have to remember, the official server's aren't meant for serious role-play.

In the end, your planning is horrible. Basically it entirely consists of shooting your way out of every situation and hoping for all the advantage, when that's not how things work. Oh well, all the power to you I guess. In the end, just know who you are.

• Like 2

Just so you know, what you described is a balanced system. It is not supposed to be easy to escape after committing a huge crime; just like in real life. The police are supposed to have an upper hand, that is what is supposed to make a society safe. I think what you want is a world where it is acceptable and easy to commit felonies and then get away with them, which is neither realistic or going to happen. Crime is going to be challenging, and law enforcement is going to be dangerous and also challenging. Identity isn't going to be like Grand Theft Auto where the game is designed for you to quickly and effectively commit huge crimes with little strategy and planning and then just escape. And remember, if on the off chance that you do escape from the police in identity, you are going to be wanted forever until you are locked away unlike GTA where you are out of sight for 2 minutes and then suddenly you're free. A life of crime is going to be a life of struggle, with only few people that are hugely successful. The game is designed to be immersive, and I think the team is doing a very effective job at doing so.

Edited by Devonor
Punctuation
  • Like 2

i wouldn't rob a bank with a slow car was talking about when you have trucks full of drugs or guns and yeeeeeees i would plan it but just saying sux that you cant shoot from car in a getaway chase and no i wouldent jump straight in and rob a bank planning on doing smaller things for awhile like make meth in about 4 rv,s hidden with a bunch of people guarding and make some money selling weapons just talking about when your running the trucks carrying the cargo dont really want my shit confiscated so i would drive and would continue and would like about 3 people who would be in a 4 door car to pepper the cop car behind me with automatic machine guns or hand guns dont care to screw there car up and make it hult and then hide the cargo. AND  wouldn't  rob a bank till we have good gear would do it with fast cars and  group of people i got now 17 to choose from and take hostages but also after when we get in the car same thing would of liked to pepper the police cars chasing us with bullets instead of a continuously chase until we stop and run out of fuel without any defence while getting chased 

the slow cars i was referring to were trucks for carrying capacity **** and vans only that i would have full of illegal goods i would like to sell sooooooooo they wont be able to outrun or manuver cops at all sooo wanted to hear what else we could do besides getting out of the car and shooting from cover from it cause cops will have upper hand no doubt maybe i wouldent know untill game comes out 

i couldn't give a flying f if i was to goto jail cause we have 17 people to hold money items etc for me until i get out ill happily wait out time i  just watch a movie while i wait or play other games herd  you can bust people out of prison i have 17 people that would be able to help do that if im not into waiting. but i dont know if that if he is right about busting people out or not said he asked devs but not sure and if i was to goto jail peeps of mine would continue to get crap ready to make some more money. if u can bust people out we can do a lil swap they said if it works we can just kidnap a few people and make a trade only if it works remember you tuber said you can kidnap people for ransom

Edited by deadaim

@deadaim Please don't consecutive post as it can be considered spam, there is a edit button and you can easily just section out the post so it is broken down and easily readable.

The reason for the shooting out cars is given in the FAQ.

@Devonor has a great point, which I couldn't of explained it any better than he has.

• Like 1

I too would like to be able to shoot from vehicles, but i've been around enough to know there are too many assclowns that would abuse the mechanic in every way imaginable.  So, with regret, i have to agree that it's probably best to not have it on official servers.

• Like 1

I think a different way of you to look at this is to consider that the leading pursuit car will also not be able to fire at you whilst you are driving.

I know that in the UK (where I am from) the officers are accountable for 'Use of Force' which goes from as little as tackling/punching/wrestling with a suspect -> to removing CS gas or taser from its folder -> to using said articles -> to discharging a firearm at the suspect person/vehicle. My point being (may be different in the US) that the officers are not immediately going to draw and discharge their firearms at the vehicle in a situation such as a vehicle FTS (failed to stop), hence why would you need to fire at them? It could also be the case that they have to justify their actions to both their Captain and the judicial system as these will both be in the game.

Again in the UK firearms officers have to have their use of force authorised before engaging (generally this is done enroute to the call and afterwards discretion is down to the officer) and pursuits are also authorised once one has started as to whether it is safe to continue or not. 

As the modelling of the police in this game is going to be extensive then I think that this could all be modelled and if an officer is found to have caused an incident through negligence (stray bullet or causing an RTC whilst responding) then they will be held responsible and face the consequences. I think this would mean your problem of not being able to shoot would be diminished as the officers would also have to be careful of their own behaviour too.