MrClark

Drive-Bys

I was wondering if it was a gang vs. gang and you guys shoot on sight could you do a drive by so you don't have to get out of the car?

6 minutes ago, MrClark said:

I was wondering if it was a gang vs. gang and you guys shoot on sight could you do a drive by so you don't have to get out of the car?

No, it has been confirmed that you cannot do "Drive By's" unfortunately as having this feature could cause incentive for those people who just want to shoot up a crowd etc.

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, it has been confirmed that you cannot do "Drive By's" unfortunately as having this feature could cause incentive for those people who just want to shoot up a crowd etc.

True thanks man

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

First no drug animation and now no drive bys? What the heck Identity?

They don't want to give incentive like what happens in GTA and also Random killing. At the same time they want you to be more up close and personal with killing.

So if a pedestrian shoot on a car, motorcyle or bike etc. then the only chance they have are to try out drive the bullets, and hope that it will not break down or not be stopped by the police for speeding that sounds indeed logic. Or maby I misunderstood something here...

12 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

So if a pedestrian shoot on a car, motorcyle or bike etc. then the only chance they have are to try out drive the bullets, and hope that it will not break down or not be stopped by the police for speeding that sounds indeed logic. Or maby I misunderstood something here...

You can't do drive by's and that was confirmed already.

I can see why they don't do a drug animation, they don't want to "teach" anyone how to make a drug and be held liable if someone's stupid enough to try and do it IRL.. Imagine the report "man busted for cooking Meth, says he learned how to make it from a video game (Identity)" - Regarding drive-by's, personally I think this should be a feature server's can toggle on/off whereas stricter more enforced server's can have this function permitted under specific situations I.E. reasonable drive-by, car chase, etc.

Then again, personally I don't really mind having this feature disabled. I feel like a lot of people might try and abuse this feature, shooting up other people while they're within the safety of their own vehicle only to have the ability to flee at a moments notice. Sure, this IS possible IRL.. BUT a considerable amount of people than usual may likely try to pursue a "career" in crime. Then again like TURAXIS said you're kind of in an unfair advantage if someone's shooting your vehicle up so MAYBE you should be able to shoot from your vehicle.. just with low accuracy.

I just hope people care more about their character development than "winning" every fight where as to bend the rules to an unreasonable definition just to do so, it's not about winning, you know.. but enjoying the experience alongside building an honest character for you and countless other's to enjoy whether you're a Politician, EMT, Law Enforcement, Criminal, a Talk Show Host or whatever; Oh and by "honest", I mean within the fair grasp of what makes sense for your character to pursue and the actions they take alongside their endeavors while being within the very definition of that communities guidelines. If everyone tried just a little harder, there won't be need for some unnecessary rules.. I mean.. isn't that why we're all here?

Hell, if it's within reasonable definition.. you can be the next Tuco from Breaking Bad if you tried. Some people think when someone says their "RP" isn't realistic or fair, they think it's targeted at them only because they're doing crime. No, if you're in crime so long you make it reasonably fair and realistic in terms of what you would expect out of someone in your shoes in real life, then there shouldn't be any problem! That's not to say someone won't try to complain if they "lose", just know who YOU are and build a great character everyone can enjoy one way, or another. :) Oh, also don't start up a small drug cartel and act like you straight up "own" the streets all of a sudden.. sure, you can try.. but it'd only make you look stupid. I've seen countless people try and fail this way, straight up acting like the best the second they started with random people they just met off the street the other day.

Just thought I'd point some things out.. I'm not trying to lecture everyone on "proper role-play" but just thought I'd point a few things out that I've come across through personal experience.

• Like 6

The expression "drive by" are normally when a car drives up on a area, open doors or windows, and shoot out towards (often enemy´s of a gang), and then drives away from the scene. - So when the word was out the drive by was disabled in the game, then it open up for the reverse of a drive by, that people on the street can shoot on cars, and then there are 3 options (unless that are disabled as well),
1. Stop get off/out of the car/bike etc. and then shoot back
2. Try to drve away or final
3. Drive the person over that shoots

In fact I hope that all that are disabled, on public servers, otherwise I can see some pvp issues. (alternative that all are enabled, in some areas, but personal I prefer its all disabled to avoid a gta envoriment where all kill each other non stop, just because they can.

I dont mind pvp, dont take me wrong, but I think it belong more internal between diffrent gangs and biker clubs, mob familys and other criminals and police and swat to try keep it down. - The civilian on the server should not be involved in this more than they want to, and if a civilian gets killed (lets say in crossfire) then that type of crime should get to a harder sentence. 

• Like 1

The last thing I want is for a GTA clone. Sure criminal activity will be part of the game, but the absolute chaos of GTA was the entire reason I stopped playing.  Crime in Identity actually has a purpose, and hopefully very high risks with severe impacting consequences.

If you're into driveby shootings, mass random acts of violence and destruction, GTA is the game for you. If you're into crime that takes thought, planning, and skill, Identity is the way to go.  Identity is not and will not be another GTA.   

Edited by Kaitlyn
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Kaitlyn said:

The last thing I want is for a GTA clone. Sure criminal activity will be part of the game, but the absolute chaos of GTA was the entire reason I stopped playing.  Crime in Identity actual has a purpose, and hopefully very high risks with severe impacting consequences.

If you're into driveby shootings, mass random acts of violence and destruction, GTA is the game for you. If you're into crime that takes thought, planning, and skill, Identity is the way to go.  Identity is not and will not be another GTA.   

Hear, hear! I agree with you fully. I guess there are many who haven't played real mmo rpg's before, and the experience derives from multiplayer gta? 

• Like 2

On 2017-04-16 at 9:31 AM, Kaitlyn said:

The last thing I want is for a GTA clone. Sure criminal activity will be part of the game, but the absolute chaos of GTA was the entire reason I stopped playing.  Crime in Identity actually has a purpose, and hopefully very high risks with severe impacting consequences.

People make chaos, not game design which gives freedom.

nope sucks i dont care for shooting up crowds only cops that are chasing me if i have  goods in the car you have no defence against them how u suppose to out run them if you have a slow car u lose all your crap first thing thats lame or if i robbed a bank cops are going to be on your ass like crazy you would want some sort of defence against them or else there just going to run u off the road and kill you or arrest you laaaaaaame wouldent be a gta clone it would be like real life u think passenger would just sit there and do nothing you would try get those cops off your ass by shooting at them anyway possable eather hopping half way out your car with an ak47 or kicking out back screen of car and shooting with a pistol or somthing what are they thinking not letting this happen cops will just call for back up if you try out run them and meet you with a road block and sprey your car with bullets if u dont stop or just follow you till you stop so lame indeed 

Edited by deadaim

so you can still go up to a crowd in the street if your not in a safe zone and sprey at them with a gun but u cant shoot at cops in a car chase -_- where is the logic in that sounds to me your screwed if your doing criminal stuff alls they have to do cause they will be on ts survers like arma and just say your on this street then next thing your area will be crawling with them you wont be able to get away if theres like 8  or so cars on your ass after you just robed a bank u get out of your car your completely screwed you got thats just if you rob a bank or if you try drive away and avade them they call it in cause your arms dealing ts channel 8 cops on your ass only defence is to leave your car but they just drive upto hop out of there car mow you down or arrest u you try shoot back it will be like 8v2 try tell me how the hell are you suppose to get away doing a crime please i would like to know wait ill just go be a farmer cause that will be fun cause seems to me being a criminal is just pointless and not balanced at alll like they said it would be

Edited by deadaim
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, deadaim said:

so you can still go up to a crowd in the street if your not in a safe zone and sprey at them with a gun but u cant shoot at cops in a car chase -_- where is the logic in that sounds to me your screwed if your doing criminal stuff alls they have to do cause they will be on ts survers like arma and just say your on this street then next thing your area will be crawling with them you wont be able to get away if theres like 8  or so cars on your ass after you just robed a bank u get out of your car your completely screwed you got thats just if you rob a bank or if you try drive away and avade them they call it in cause your arms dealing ts channel 8 cops on your ass only defence is to leave your car but they just drive upto hop out of there car mow you down or arrest u you try shoot back it will be like 8v2 try tell me how the hell are you suppose to get away doing a crime please i would like to know wait ill just go be a farmer cause that will be fun cause seems to me being a criminal is just pointless and not balanced at alll like they said it would be

You don't have unlimited fuel and also the cops will chase you down in any situation, they will get road blocks set up before you get out the bank, and will set up road blocks before you even try stop them from getting back up. They cannot shoot at you when chasing you and you can't back at them, yeah it might take away one part which is something in RL but at the same time, how many people will just do what people do in GTA? most, and then select few won't. It will turn into a GTA, shoot and drive.

Every thread I've read that complains about the lack of drive bys all want them 'Just to shoot at cops chasing me because I'm in a worse car' - how about put more planning into your heists: take hostages, negotiate your getaway, have your route in and out planned and have back ups. If you want to be a successful bank robber in the game it is entirely possible, you will just have to take the time and plan it! Also if you're worried about the police just drive a bit faster! I'm sure that they'll have to explain why/how they crashed their car into those innocent bystanders to their Captain and take the wrap for it! Look at the bigger picture and you'll realise that there are more ways of getting away from the police than just shooting at them

• Like 3

As a long time player of APB: Reloaded, i really enjoy hanging out the window of a cop car, shooting at the criminals amid sirens and flashing lights.  That being said, i don't really think people would use such a mechanic responsibly. 

As it says in the Bible:  It is easier for a camel to fit through the eye a needle than for a gamer to not abuse a game mechanic.

Edited by Tourist