Sign in to follow this  
JoelKeys

The Peoples Party - Updated Guidelines

Hello all. My party has received a little bit of criticism and looking back there are a few things that I would like to clarify and/or change. Here we go.

CONTENTS

1. Taxes

2. Crime

2(a) - Justice System

2(b) - Drugs

2(c) - Immunity Deals

3. Gun Control

4. Voting

5. Miscellaneous

6. FAQ's

SECTION ONE - TAXES

My stances on taxes are very simple. We need high taxes to maintain a safe and prosperous society. Below I will list some of the things that require taxes and what my views on them are.

Healthcare - I am an absolute supporter of free healthcare. If you fall over and break your leg, you have enough to worry about than pesky and expensive medical bills. If you are injured or need medical help, you will get it. 

Justice System - As you will see below with my justice system, it will need funding. While I will use my own business to help support my justice system to the best of my ability, I cannot promise miracles. A well funded policing system will hopefully pull down crime rates in the city by deterring potential criminals.

Public Transport - This is an odd thing that I think is actually quite important. As I would like a clean city as much as possible, I intend on making public transport free to any working citizen as well as any disabled or long term injured individuals. This is important because I would like the city to have a very high living standard while keeping costs low. I understand that not everyone will be able to afford the latest car, so free public transport is important to me as long as you are giving back to society.

Free Education/Newbie-Programmes - Newbie programmes will be spoken about in the misc. section, but for now lets focus on the education part. I intend to invest in the university and school ideas that a few people have suggested.

And a few more things. Rest assured, my salary comes from my business, no taxes will be taken that aren't needed.

As a business you will have a small tax but not as large as as an individual. 

Everyone will be eligible for a tax return if you make considerable donations/investments into charities and smaller businesses.

SECTION TWO - CRIMES

2(a) - Justice System:

I believe in a 3-step criminal justice system.

STEP 1 - Prevention

• Law enforcement will do many things to prevent criminal activity from happening in the first place. This includes but is not limited to:
  •  
  • - The police working closely with the community to develop good public relations.
  • - Police workshops which give an insight to the every day life of officers.
  • - Spare police units working within the university are to create a good impression on the newer players.
  • - Offering incentives to be a good hard-working citizen.

Prevention is a step which also deals with small crimes such as petty theft, ASB and other silly things in order to prevent offenders from going on to commit larger offences by encouraging them to live with a smaller punishment for a shorter time such as:

• - Working for a start-up business for under minimum wage for a short time. 
  • - Community service such as litter picking and other ways to clean up the environment.
  • - Helping out members of the community.
  • - Attending programmes to help eliminate the desire to commit such behaviour.
  •  

STEP 2 - Sanction

Punishing criminals who bypass the first step will hopefully prevent repeated offences. Sanctions could include:

• - Lengthy prison sentences.
  • - A criminal record which prevents you from using free public services (transport, mailing, etc.)
  • - Hefty fines.
  • - Shop owners rights to deny you service for serious crimes.
  • - Curfew times in which you must be at your home.
  •  

STEP 3 - Rehabilitation

Everyone makes mistakes, and you shouldn't have to live with them forever. Because of this, our rehabilitation programmes offer ways for criminals to have their records wiped or reduced. These programmes are specific to the crimes you have committed as well as courses which will help you give back to the community. For example, since you have a record which could make employment hard, we will enrol you into a university course so you can gain the necessary qualifications to cancel out your record. The difference with a criminal course and a normal course is that criminal courses are easier to complete but you must attend classes more frequently and they do not grant you the same level qualifications as a standard citizen could achieve. Criminal courses are mandatory when you are enrolled into one, however once you have completed it you are free to take a standard course as a regular citizen.

2(b) - Drugs

Drugs is a big topic and I know I will lose some votes here, but we are not for being demagogic like other parties. The Peoples Party is strongly against drugs. The only drugs which we agree should be legal are prescription medication, which includes medical marijuana, cigars/cigarettes, and alcohol. Although we do not support the recreational consumption of any drug, including those mentioned, we understand that our opinions should not fully dictate the peoples actions. There will be conditions set on consuming these drugs, however that is up to each individual candidate. 

The reason we are against recreational marijuana is because whether you like it or not, it does do damage to your body. Numerous medical studies have proven that cannabis can cause many problems to you and your peer groups, you can view one of which here. If you read into that article, the NHS claim that 10% of cannabis users have become independent on the drug, and that is not the kind of people we want living in your society. We want fully aware and intelligent people living in and around us, and for that reason we are against this. The reason we bring this up in particular is that many people are for the legalisation of cannabis under the presumption caused by junkies alternate facts that cannabis does no damage to you; the most popular being that no one has ever died as a result of cannabis. While it is true that no one has died due to an OVERDOSE of the drug, people have died as a result of their action while under the influence of it. And yes their deaths could have been prevented if they weren't high. Saying no one has ever died of weed is like saying no one has ever died of a car crash. Yes, no one has died solely on the fact that the car crashed, they died because of the huge force killing them, but if they never crashed the car they never would have died.

2(c) - Immunity Deals

This is an odd one but I did want to bring it up. Immunity deals. Immunity deals are special pardons which prevents punishment for a crime or crimes that someone has already committed or may commit in the future. I do intend on granting immunity agreements if one or more of the below criteria has been met.

• A) The crime committed will help protect more lives than it will destroy.
  • B) The immunity agreement will lead to the apprehension of one or more individuals that are equal to or more risky to the security of the country than the perpetrator already in custody.
  • C) The information given in return for the agreement will lead investigators to solving a serious investigation so long as the agreement will not endanger any more lives.

SECTION THREE - GUN CONTROL

I am for arming the citizens of Identity but not in the traditional American sense. Owning a weapon is not a right, it is a privilege. If you are misusing your weapon, make no mistake about it, the government has every right to confiscate it and refuse to sell you a new one. Owning a gun will be on a whitelist basis, not a blacklist. You will not only need to pass criminal record checks, but you will also have to undergo mental therapy to ensure you are stable enough for a weapon, and also weapons safety training. A gun is only to be shot to prevent a life from being lost. This includes your own or someone else's. The only exception to this rule is if someone is in your property with intend to commit a crime. This does not mean you can shoot someone for entering your garden, and since we know you will not be able to break into houses, the only place where this rule will take effect is if someone is stealing from a company warehouse for example. You can apply for a gun permit once you have undergone the courses mentioned. 

One thing that will surprise people about our opinion on this is that we do not believe that a criminal record should automatically exclude you from being able to defend your city with a gun. If you have a crime which a gun could be used to commit on your record then you will be excluded, but if you have been charged for dealing cannabis I think its safe to say you aren't a Pablo Escobar, and so you will still be able to apply for a gun license.

SECTION FOUR - VOTING

Our opinion on voting is very simple. Every single citizen on the island should have a say on how their lives are governed. We don't care if you are a newbie, if you are in prison, if you are an elderly woman or a young man. Every time there is a voting process, everyone will have the right to vote. Not every decision will be ran through the public, because there are some things that the people need to know and some things that you do not. You aren't choosing a candidate who will tell you everything, you are choosing a candidate who is best fit to a decision on what you need to know and what you don't. If you disagree with that, you know nothing about politics. Believe me that if something will affect your day-to-day lives, you will have a say in it. But if it is concluded that consulting the public wouldn't benefit anyone but a minority, be prepared to accept the choices that we make as a government too. 

SECTION FIVE - MISCELLANEOUS

There are a few things I would like to explain very briefly here that you may not have understood before.

Newbie Programmes - Newbie programmes are a short course for new players in which they will receive things such as a tour of the city they wish to stay in, ways to meet new friends in game to roleplay with and much more. The things that these courses will entail is entirely up to the individual candidates and the people of the island.

Good Relations - When I mentioned good relations earlier on I didn't want to over explain the term. By this I meant that police will engage with the community in simple things like attending art shows, starting conversations etc.

Universities - While the government will not be directly in control of universities as we want them to be a thing ran by the people for the people, we will provide funding to these through tax income. If you want to start your own university feel free to reply or PM me with the details and I will let you know if it is acceptable or not.

Anything else you want explained feel free to ask and I will edit them in here.

SECTION SIX - FAQ's

• Why are the taxes so high?!?
  • As mentioned before, we would like to fund programmes and universities etc. as well as free healthcare, public transport for workers and a well funded police force.
  •  
  • What could the public possibly not need to know?
  • Well, if we are debating on whether to grant immunity to a high notoriety criminal in exchange for the greater good, the public is better off not knowing this. In this case we would give them a home well away from other people and tell them to law low. They would receive 24/7 surveillance to ensure they do not leave a specified area for a certain amount of time.
  •  
  • What are your views on the death penalty?
  • Never. No life lost is ever justified, no matter the reasons.

As above, I will add to this section over time. 

If you would like to represent your party, PM me with your campaign and I will determine if you fit our agenda/manifesto or not.

•  

•  

Edited by JoelKeys

On 01/05/2017 at 4:41 PM, CipherN9ne said:

Looking good man.  Seems like you got your stuff down.

Thanks!

Nice policies and write-up mate. While I don't agree with everything I can see your reasoning behind wanting to put certain policies in place, can tell you've put effort into it. All the best with your political career JoelKeys the mugger, hehe :)