SummitsEdge

• QUESTION: Starter Items?

A question I'm currently conflicted with, is what will you start with? When you first load up the game, what will you start with? Will you be an infant child, naked on the ground, with no money? or will you be given starter money, a set of chosen clothes from the customization menu? or will all of this just be dependent on the server administrators and how they see it best fit? I understand they want to make it where everything is hard to get, money is realistic, and clothes are more of a cosmetic more than a necessity, but where is the line drawn between needing to be realistic, and making it where players don't have to beg for money on the streets to begin actually enjoying the game? I'd love to hear some of the communities opinions on this.

~ SummitsEdge

If you've pledged for any rewards,including cash money you will be receiving those when you start. You will be starting as an adult with basic clothes(nothing fancy like the designer stuff we will see in game that will be up for purchase). You will start with a basic apartment and from there its up to you to find a job and earn money. I am assuming the devs will give us a small amount of money to start (100 dollars seems reasonable) so we won't be completely broke,it might also be on official servers only that we are given the starting money. Rest assured that you won't be begging there are a lot of ways to make money in game and prices will be realistic so I am estimating a burger meal will cost u around 5-8 dollars and a shirt which isn't like a brand name will be around 20. So you won't ever be begging, provided u have a steady income. Money won't be hard to get they will just make things realistic, so you will be able to find a job that pays you a decent wage and you will be able to fulfill your needs with that money. You just won't be a millionaire overnight(if uve played island life you know what Im talking about)

Hope that helps

Edited by Luck
  • Like 2

Can't wait to start off with my fancy rare new founder that! Im sure nobody else will have it.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Bryyce said:

Can't wait to start off with my fancy rare new founder that! Im sure nobody else will have it.

i had to re-read it before it got to me ahah xD

• Like 1

When you load into the game you have your phone and keys to a temporary hotel room.

• Like 1

depends on the pack, i got the vip one so im starting off most likely in my 2 bedroom apartment with a full set of hair, clothes in my closet and nice car in the garage.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

depends on the pack, i got the vip one so im starting off most likely in my 2 bedroom apartment with a full set of hair, clothes in my closet and nice car in the garage.

hair in your closet xD That is a strange one but ok.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bryyce said:

Haha, gonna be very unique hat choice in town for the first few hours isn't it.

• Like 1

Is there an actual way where you can sit on the ground and beg for money? That would be pretty funny to see some people be beggars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orbiit said:

Is there an actual way where you can sit on the ground and beg for money? That would be pretty funny to see some people be beggars.

haha Paratus did say you could beg for money. so i'm assuming you can.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orbiit said:

I'm sure you can role play that yes.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 10:40 AM, Frostybeans said:

Aren't you a lucky man!

17 hours ago, Orbiit said:

I'd imagine so! lol

14 hours ago, winampw said:

Wait, some say temporary hotel room and someone else said apartment...

What exactly do we get lmao

We will get a hotel room that is payed for already for about a week I believe. Then your cast out onto the streets, where you can buy houses, apartments or just get another room in the hotel but you paying.

14 hours ago, winampw said:

Wait, some say temporary hotel room and someone else said apartment...

What exactly do we get lmao

Some say apartment because if you got the package that offers it than you will get one. If not than hotel at first.

1 hour ago, Frostybeans said:

Some say apartment because if you got the package that offers it than you will get one. If not than hotel at first.

Hopefully everyone won't be put on the streets... like we just got dropped off to colonize a foreign, remote island or something haha.