Hey guys,

Again with a question, and this time I ask myself (and you by consequent) how will the disconnecting/reconnecting work on the servers? Is it an instant-disconnecting method? Does a player have to wait until the "Disconnect" button is available? Is it always available(except gunfights, falling, dying, ...)? If, for example, I disconnect in the car of another citizen, after I respawn/relog, will I still be in that vehicle, or will I just spawn at my home/owned vehicle?

Thank you !

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plumixtee said:

Hey guys,

Again with a question, and this time I ask myself (and you by consequent) how will the disconnecting/reconnecting work on the servers? Is it an instant-disconnecting method? Does a player have to wait until the "Disconnect" button is available? Is it always available(except gunfights, falling, dying, ...)? If, for example, I disconnect in the car of another citizen, after I respawn/relog, will I still be in that vehicle, or will I just spawn at my home/owned vehicle?

Thank you !

Cheers

I think that you have to be out of site of other players to disconnect, to avoid people disconnecting and breaking immersion and if you re-connect it will likely be in the same place as where you disconnected or in your apartment.

• Like 1

I had this random thought while sitting on the toilet. While it does make sense that it would break immersion for them to just pop out of existence like a bubble, it doesn't make sense to only be able to disconnect when you're not around people. What if the game crashes or your PC explodes?

I thought about a solution that may or may not work is for your character to walk into the nearest building and despawn there, without the people inside that building seeing you come in. Or if they're inside a building at the time, then walk out of it. A lot of other games with NPCs work this way to despawn.

Edited by facade

11 minutes ago, facade said:

I had this random thought while sitting on the toilet. While it does make sense that it would break immersion for them to just pop out of existence like a bubble, it doesn't make sense to only be able to disconnect when you're not around people. What if the game crashes or your PC explodes?

I thought about a solution that may or may not work is for your character to walk into the nearest building and despawn there, without the people inside that building seeing you come in. Or if they're inside a building at the time, then walk out of it. A lot of other games with NPCs work this way to despawn.

You can disconnect anywhere, but your character will stay in that play for a certain duration to allow for any consequences that you was going to encounter. This is to stop combat logging. This information was given more recent to what James said.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You can disconnect anywhere, but your character will stay in that play for a certain duration to allow for any consequences that you was going to encounter. This is to stop combat logging. This information was given more recent to what James said.

Right, but what happens to the character? They just stay there until no one is around?

1 hour ago, facade said:

Right, but what happens to the character? They just stay there until no one is around?

The character will de-spawn after a certain amount of time e.g. 30 mins or something and so if you are in danger, it is advised to get out of it before disconnecting.