OmegoGanla

can you explain why we cant put 10,000 players in one server?

please tell me why we cant make a 10,000 player in one game whats the problem? why it can happen in wow and other mmo but not in identity? why ? is it because of money? or mechanics? and tell me what can we do to make it do a 10 thousand player in one server.

Uh I mean the 300 or the other amount is just enough already, We do not need 10,000 players in one server. Lets just be grateful when it actually comes out.

• Like 1

They got a new thing and they may be able to make it up to 1,000 players like they wanted to!!! Which means a new map also!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmegoGanla said:

please tell me why we cant make a 10,000 player in one game whats the problem? why it can happen in wow and other mmo but not in identity? why ? is it because of money? or mechanics? and tell me what can we do to make it do a 10 thousand player in one server.

10,000 players is insane.  There servers would not be able to support that.  It would be insanely laggy.  I was already super thrilled to have 300 player servers, but now we might get 1,000 player servers. So honestly you should be grateful for that, cause no other game offers what identity is.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cstove said:

10,000 players is insane.  There servers would not be able to support that.  It would be insanely laggy.  I was already super thrilled to have 300 player servers, but now we might get 1,000 player servers. So honestly you should be grateful for that, cause no other game offers what identity is.

what about world of warcraft? it has more than 100 thoasand player in a server

7 minutes ago, OmegoGanla said:

what about world of warcraft? it has more than 100 thoasand player in a server

That game is a lot less demanding when it comes to performance. The graphics and since it's such an old game, it's running on very good servers, which makes it easy to perform well.

• Like 6

I'm just gunna ask one thing: Whe they said they are capable of thousands of players in a server with spatialOS, why does everyone instantly think 1,000? thousands is not 1000.....

Also guy who asked this question please learn something about game development that is a really dumb question...

• Like 4

dont call me dumb you mother fucker

He's not calling you dumb.  He called your question dumb.  

• Like 1

I just think this is funny but.

You did not read it correctly and you called someone a "m------fu--" and your mistake is irrelevant

So basically  this whole post you made is dumb. lmao not trying to throw shots but im just being real.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lamarr said:

300 slots isn't anything. 1k slots would be amazing.

Well what many people forget is that huge player size can also make the game miserable. First it depends on how big the map is. 10.000 player on a small map kann be very crowded. But only 100 players on a big map can make it look too big and you will not meet other people. One of the main things in this game is interacting between people. So the map size is one factor which player amounts will be calculated with. The other one is that too many players also can make the game very hectic. crime here, crime there, a bank robbery there (if you know what i mean)

By the way the WoW comaprison is not good. There are thousands of players on one server that is right, but they use a system called pashing. These are virtuals copys of parts of the map so there may be thousands online but you just can't see them. Not good for a game like Identity.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OmegoGanla said:

be careful, you might want to be a little more respectful of others, as well read a little more, he said the question was dumb. to some that could be a dumb question and to others maybe not, but it is true to do a little research in game development and servers. identity wants people to own homes and condos, for them to build 10,000+ homes and apartments would just be impossible and to render own individual homes with furniture. you cant compare something of that magnitude against a game like World of Warcraft that just has a massive map, some cities and mobs. its also quite low graphics compared to this.

again, be a little more respectful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lamarr said:

300 slots isn't anything. 1k slots would be amazing.

300 is more than any other Life RP games have.  arma is like max 100.  And gmod is usually around 50 players per server.  Trust me the devs will make sure the amount of players and map size is balanced.  

31 minutes ago, Cstove said:

300 is more than any other Life RP games have.  arma is like max 100.  And gmod is usually around 50 players per server.  Trust me the devs will make sure the amount of players and map size is balanced.  

Gmod... not 50, I have played a server which had like 110 max and it being full nearly mainly around 90 - 105 players

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Gmod... not 50, I have played a server which had like 110 max and it being full nearly mainly around 90 - 105 players

Okay, not the ones I play on.  Personally I have found large g mod serves to be very laggy.

3 hours ago, Cstove said:

Okay, not the ones I play on.  Personally I have found large g mod serves to be very laggy.

Every Gmod server is laggy and causes bad FPS. It's just the game.

50 minutes ago, ExactAkatsuki said:

Every Gmod server is laggy and causes bad FPS. It's just the game.

I've played on some non-laggy servers.

15 hours ago, MrClark said:

They got a new thing and they may be able to make it up to 1,000 players like they wanted to!!! Which means a new map also!!!

This doesn't mean a new map that is to much work for what they have come to. The map atm is big enough for more than 1k people anyways.

12 minutes ago, PrivacyVr said:

This doesn't mean a new map that is to much work for what they have come to. The map atm is big enough for more than 1k people anyways.

No they actually scaled the map a little larger I believe.  That's one of the main reasons for the most recent delays.

23 minutes ago, Cstove said:

No they actually scaled the map a little larger I believe.  That's one of the main reasons for the most recent delays.

Wheres that info? i remembered they got delayed do to then attending some events.

6 minutes ago, PrivacyVr said:

Wheres that info? i remembered they got delayed do to then attending some events.

In one of powergamings recent videos.  It was either from a QnA with the devs or he asked them on Twitter I can't remember rn.

5 hours ago, DoctorFosterGloster said:

Rare image of IdentityRPG servers after 10,000 players go on...

77e814f3880009f32eb9f44dec5757fb_what-ha

At lease you can make humor out of this situation. HAHA

• Like 1

That would end up killing the server that amount of players wont even be fun to play with you would run into someone every 30 seconds and you wont be able to get anything done. 300 players is enough i would say but they have even gone beyond that which is good and bad in some circumstances. Imagine trying to get a job when there are 9.999 other players on also trying to get jobs, do you understand how hard that would be ?  

why do you guys put down a limit ? 10k would be possible, they need to do something on instances (10k players in one spot is not gonna work any time soon ) but server wise it would be possible.