After playing in Arma roleplay communities for years I have ended up on a modded lakeside server. Within this server I like to spend most of my time withing a  gang that resembles a mafia. Lately they added a department within the police fore called NCA (National Crime Agency). Onetime another gang asked us if we wanted to rob the bank with them once we arrived at the bank and the other so called "gang members" arrested us and showed their true identity as NCA and the tried to get info out of us. Overall this was one of the best Roleplay experiences I have experienced and was wondering if there would be a similar department separate of detectives, swat etc. within Identity. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, BMoore said:

After playing in Arma roleplay communities for years I have ended up on a modded lakeside server. Within this server I like to spend most of my time withing a  gang that resembles a mafia. Lately they added a department within the police fore called NCA (National Crime Agency). Onetime another gang asked us if we wanted to rob the bank with them once we arrived at the bank and the other so called "gang members" arrested us and showed their true identity as NCA and the tried to get info out of us. Overall this was one of the best Roleplay experiences I have experienced and was wondering if there would be a similar department separate of detectives, swat etc. within Identity. Thanks!

law enforcement departments are: Dispatch, police, swat,detectives

police= will mostly do all the work.

dispatch= is a job inside the department will be collaborated with police for info and backup.

detectives=track crimes track serial killers track robberies and all that stuff.

swat= is for high crime situations for large scale of crime (hardcore) 

22 minutes ago, BMoore said:

There are no undercover cops in Identity

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

He isn't really asking per say if there are any undercover cops , but more asking if there would be anything in terms of special departments, maybe a drug enforcement agency or crime prevention.

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

i understand why but its still would be cool in my opinion. maybe on private servers.

so i can be a serial killer so stealth can be key in this aspect right like knife kills from behind or how to be classified as a serial killer

35 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

He isn't really asking per say if there are any undercover cops , but more asking if there would be anything in terms of special departments, maybe a drug enforcement agency or crime prevention.

With the OP's story, he was implying is it going to be like that, where theres undercover cops, which is a no, because he stated they pretty much got baited into robbing a bank by cops that didnt look like cops.

7 hours ago, MadDabber said:

so i can be a serial killer so stealth can be key in this aspect right like knife kills from behind or how to be classified as a serial killer

well its hard to be a serial killer because once you kill a player or two your going to be tracked by police and detectives. How? well as you said if you kill someone behind there will be blood out so the detectives will move to the scene and check blood. then they will match the blood with your own fingerprints that are on the knife then your caught and wanted. other things that could get you caught are.

1-police near your area so if you have a mini map circul and an officer is in it he will be reported to your location fast.

2-witnesses are good because if a person reported on you or saw you doing a crime they will get paid for reporting about you so everyone wants money so they will report fast.

3-police patrol area, cops will get your face your clothes color maby your car color from the victim you killed and get all information. remember you cant enter your home so you cant change your clothes. after the police get your facial scene they will do a monitor to stop anyone who wears like you or similar to you. 

4- police checkpoints in every highway. so if you kill someone but you wanna run away and live in the woods thats fine but you need to cross police highway checkpoints. good luck with that.

1 hour ago, OmegoGanla said:

3-police patrol area, cops will get your face your clothes color maby your car color from the victim you killed

This is casual RP and goes against the thing called "New Life Rule" but obviously that won't be a thing, but it also just means it is casual RP and not really RP because if you die in RP you should forget about who murdered you and carry on with the rest. I am sure before the police figure everything else out, they will likely do that stuff after the guy gets a head start and could easily get out of the area before cops even know anything.

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

This is casual RP and goes against the thing called "New Life Rule" but obviously that won't be a thing, but it also just means it is casual RP and not really RP because if you die in RP you should forget about who murdered you and carry on with the rest. I am sure before the police figure everything else out, they will likely do that stuff after the guy gets a head start and could easily get out of the area before cops even know anything.

if the person was on foot he wouldnt be really far so they can track him in 2,3,4 block ahead. 

4 minutes ago, OmegoGanla said:

if the person was on foot he wouldnt be really far so they can track him in 2,3,4 block ahead. 

but if he had a car he would maybe get further away, park his car and run the rest....

also wat about a limit on how long i will be persued for a murder and will the class of the player count towards the punishment like if i shot a criminal vs if i shot a goverment official or a cop

8 minutes ago, MadDabber said:

also wat about a limit on how long i will be persued for a murder and will the class of the player count towards the punishment like if i shot a criminal vs if i shot a goverment official or a cop

There will most likely not be a cooldown time to when you can murder again without being pursued. There isn't one in real life; if you murder someone you're going to be pursued for arrest until you are either caught or confirmed dead. 

There will be a trial about your sentencing and I'm guessing that there will probably be less jail time for a vigilante as opposed to someone who massacred a bunch of cops. Most definitely.

i hope it isn't a case of as soon as you kill someone the police are instantly notified because that's not how it works in real life, if you're aiming for a realistic game you need to have it so either the body has to be found or the person has to be reported missing in order for the police to start investigating, otherwise it's just like grand theft auto where even killing someone with a silencer in the middle of nowhere will still somehow give you a wanted level, with the funding from spatialOS this could be easily made much more realistic