Sign in to follow this  
enexpi

Voice Changer?

26 minutes ago, Rasko said:

It would be annoying if people started using voice changers to troll with impossible voices, that wouldn't realistic ...

You can troll in many different ways, it's not games fault, it is people who exploit  those functions.

14 minutes ago, Zhepherd said:

You can troll in many different ways, it's not games fault, it is people who exploit  those functions.

Yeah, but voice changers will just give them another thing to exploit.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeah, but voice changers will just give them another thing to exploit.

Launching this game in general will give trolls a chance to troll, so why bother developing it then ?

25 minutes ago, Zhepherd said:

Launching this game in general will give trolls a chance to troll, so why bother developing it then ?

Not really, all games have trolls but why give something else troll with instead of letting people find free software on the internet and make them set it up instead of giving them an easy job?

The software is not needed to be implemented in the game because people can go and download some to have a voice changer... 

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Not really, all games have trolls but why give something else troll with instead of letting people find free software on the internet and make them set it up instead of giving them an easy job?

The software is not needed to be implemented in the game because people can go and download some to have a voice changer... 

Well yeah thats what I think.

It's just that we shouldn't be afraid of content just because of  'trolls'. - give freedom with regulations.

Edited by Zhepherd

11 minutes ago, Zhepherd said:

Well yeah thats what I think.

It's just that we shouldn't be afraid of content just because of  'trolls'. - give freedom with regulations.

There are a lot more things which would benefit more as a player than having a voice changer. I think acting a voice / changing it to the benefit of RP is better than a program doing it for you as some times it don't feel natural, if you know what i mean.

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There are a lot more things which would benefit more as a player than having a voice changer. I think acting a voice / changing it to the benefit of RP is better than a program doing it for you as some times it don't feel natural, if you know what i mean.

Absolutely!

Unless you RP female.. xD

9 minutes ago, Zhepherd said:

Absolutely!

Unless you RP female.. xD

nah, I don't do that sort of thing, but my friend has before xD 

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

nah, I don't do that sort of thing, but my friend has before xD 

Wonder how weird it feels

8 hours ago, Zhepherd said:

Wonder how weird it feels

Probably not that weird. I've RPed as both men and women before. As long as you've got a character in mind and you stay in it and stick to the story, it's not really that awkward. I think a lot of men have more hang-ups about playing women than women do about playing men. That says something, doesn't it? :/ hmm...

I'm wondering if a voice changer will playback the voice on the receiving parties end in real time or if we have to record first, then play it? Can I just speak into the mic and it will automatically be different?

Edited by facade

8 hours ago, facade said:

I'm wondering if a voice changer will playback the voice on the receiving parties end in real time or if we have to record first, then play it? Can I just speak into the mic and it will automatically be different?

I'll bet you there's a software program out there somewhere that does exactly that, and changes the voice directly from the microphone input. I'd have no idea where to look for it or how to set it up though :/ 

On 2017-4-18 at 10:40 AM, Shoobrit said:

I'll bet you there's a software program out there somewhere that does exactly that, and changes the voice directly from the microphone input. I'd have no idea where to look for it or how to set it up though :/ 

On 2017-4-18 at 1:44 AM, facade said:

You can get a headset which does that but they cost a lot of money if you want a decent one. They change your voice on imput and also there is software which change your voice directly on input but I have never heard of one that makes you record it then play it back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

You can get a headset which does that but they cost a lot of money if you want a decent one. They change your voice on imput and also there is software which change your voice directly on input but I have never heard of one that makes you record it then play it back.

You wouldn't happen to know what that kind of headset is called would you? And I don't either, but I wouldn't want to deal with recording either.

17 minutes ago, facade said:

You wouldn't happen to know what that kind of headset is called would you? And I don't either, but I wouldn't want to deal with recording either.

Well I know there were some but you will have to google it and see as I am not sure of any names.

I've already got a pretty expensive desktop microphone as is, so I'm not really in the market for a headset. I'll keep a lookout for direct voice changing software though.

23 hours ago, facade said:

23 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Found it, it's called Voxal Voice Changer. It's free. Looks easy enough. Does exactly what we're looking for. Good work team.

• Like 1

you don't realy need to get a voice changer tbh. practice the accent you want to go for and you would be golden :P

In my own experience voice changers work sometimes. It can be really immersion breaking if the voice come off as unrealistic/trolly/straight up weird. That being said it does work sometimes with certain people's voices on certain presets/settings. If you plan on using one (on a private RP server) I'd advice doing some extensive testing before you take it in game. 

On 18.4.2017 at 2:44 AM, facade said:

The voice changers I've dealt with in the past have changed it in real time, on ts and in game VOIP. Recording and playing stuff sounds like a lot of work ^^

Edit: As far as accents goes just so your best with the voice you have. If people don't like it for some reason, just ignore them and keep going. Sometimes it helps doing some research on certain accents before taking them in game, depending on how serious you are.

Edited by Bubbles

On 5/6/2017 at 3:12 PM, dimin69 said:

you don't realy need to get a voice changer tbh. practice the accent you want to go for and you would be golden :P

Okay I'll just practice speaking several octaves lower than my natural speaking voice. haha no I'm a singer I can't afford to damage my voice like that