Sign in to follow this  
enexpi

Voice Changer?

I have a lots of questions in my mind but one is going forward for me if i want to play Mexican, Russian, or something else are you guys planning to do Voice changer? 

PLEASE DELETE ONE I AM NOT SEEING HOW TO DELETE IT 

Edited by enexpi

13 minutes ago, enexpi said:

I have a lots of questions in my mind but one is going forward for me if i want to play Mexican, Russian, or something else are you guys planning to do Voice changer? 

Voice changers won't be in the game but you will have to go and get software to have a voice changer or a headset with it built in! 

There won't be any pre-recorded voices because it costs a lot for the devs to get them and use them in-game and so your voice will be the only thing what people hear but can be changed with getting the voice changer software or a headset with it.

6 hours ago, enexpi said:

it is a roleplaying game, so you the player have to role play as a hispanic, or Russian sounding character! It is easy to find voice changers online to use in game! 

11 hours ago, enexpi said:

are you guys planning to do Voice changer? 

No, they aren't. But a good voice changing tool would be MorphVOX. That's the only one I've used and it works fine in games.

8 hours ago, ExactAkatsuki said:

No, they aren't. But a good voice changing tool would be MorphVOX. That's the only one I've used and it works fine in games.

How well does it do in regards to simulating a specific sex's voice type?

1 hour ago, facade said:

How well does it do in regards to simulating a specific sex's voice type?

There's presets or you can do it manually. Here's a video (Not mine, I don't have it installed) 

4 hours ago, winampw said:

Well would be cool if someone could develop something to change accents live through a microphone, but right now, it is just impossible.

There are software and mics with it possible, but in a game not likely going to be done.

53 minutes ago, winampw said:

Really? Instant accent changer? Don't think so.

oh accents no, I mis-read that for voice changer but I don't think there is something that can do that.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

What's up with people and voice changers, like unless u a squeaker use your own voice imo.

Edited by Cstove
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cstove said:

What's up with people and voice changers, like unless u a squeaker use your own voice imo.

Some people want roleplay as a different person that has a different voice. You don't get to dictate this, sorry. 

1 hour ago, facade said:

Some people want roleplay as a different person that has a different voice. You don't get to dictate this, sorry. 

I don't get to, but identity, and your voice box does.

4 minutes ago, Cstove said:

I don't get to, but identity, and your voice box does.

They have made no statement saying they will disallow it.

5 minutes ago, facade said:

They have made no statement saying they will disallow it.

Never said they will not allow it, I'm saying they will not have pre-recorded voices.  But if you want to download your own software to change your voice then go for it.

4 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Never said they will not allow it, I'm saying they will not have pre-recorded voices.  But if you want to download your own software to change your voice then go for it.

Thank you for your permission lol.

6 minutes ago, facade said:

Thank you for your permission lol.

I don't get why ur getting pissy at me.  This whole time I've just been arguing that it'd be dumb for the devs to spend time on creating pre-recorded voices when they could spend their time on so many other important things.  I was never saying I have a problem with third party voice changers

15 minutes ago, Cstove said:

I don't get why ur getting pissy at me.  This whole time I've just been arguing that it'd be dumb for the devs to spend time on creating pre-recorded voices when they could spend their time on so many other important things.  I was never saying I have a problem with third party voice changers

I was not pissy with you, otherwise my words would be more aggressive. Perhaps I misunderstood you though. I was under the impression that you were telling others to not use a voice changing program.

I think this is a very unique idea. I've never seen something like this done in a game before, it might exist and correct me if I'm wrong. I'm gonna tag @HairyGrenade , see if he might have any power to further recommend this. I feel however, there is potential for abuse. If any development team could find a way to make this supremely beneficial and non-trollable (don't exactly know how to word that), I believe it could be very resourceful to players who are into intense roleplay. Since Identity is aiming to be a very in-depth RPG, this might add some icing to the cake and make Identity an even more unique experience. Wonderful idea, I hope to see this potentially enhanced and may be implemented. Anyone else have anything that might benefit this, I think it's a grand idea :) 

Great thinking,

~ SummitsEdge

7 hours ago, SummitsEdge said:

I think this is a very unique idea. I've never seen something like this done in a game before, it might exist and correct me if I'm wrong. I'm gonna tag @HairyGrenade , see if he might have any power to further recommend this. I feel however, there is potential for abuse. If any development team could find a way to make this supremely beneficial and non-trollable (don't exactly know how to word that), I believe it could be very resourceful to players who are into intense roleplay. Since Identity is aiming to be a very in-depth RPG, this might add some icing to the cake and make Identity an even more unique experience. Wonderful idea, I hope to see this potentially enhanced and may be implemented. Anyone else have anything that might benefit this, I think it's a grand idea :) 

Great thinking,

~ SummitsEdge

There won't be one in-game right now, maybe in the future!

22 minutes ago, KolSkywalker said:

What if you use a voice changer you could become a vigilante

Which is considered a "criminal thing"

20 hours ago, winampw said:

Really? Instant accent changer? Don't think so.

Can't help but notice the Ontario Provincial Police car. U from Ontario?

it also would be good for those who want to play older or younger characters and characters of the opposite sex. I mean it will be obvious that your using it probably but will help with the immersion I guess.

I'd be very down for this, seeing as I'd like to play a man at some point, but I have the most feminine voice you can imagine lmfao. Kinda immersion breaking when this big grizzled burly dude comes at you with a voice like a disney princess lolololol

• Like 2

It would be annoying if people started using voice changers to troll with impossible voices, that wouldn't realistic ...